Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Volk wheels painting, PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007 | 07:57 AM
azrlee

Default Volk wheels painting, PLEASE HELP!!

hi guys!!

Need some help, I took my car to a car wash and I really don`t know what kind of chemical they put on the wheels but they seem to have lost the original color I need to re-paint them, but my real problem is how to find the specific color code for the Volk Progressive TEs to have them paint exactly as new, any help finding this color code?
Old 08-09-2007 | 06:39 AM
$9kttSUPRA

Get in touch with Volk. I think they should know.

B
Old 08-09-2007 | 07:06 AM
03redlineZ

Originally Posted by azrlee
hi guys!!

Need some help, I took my car to a car wash and I really don`t know what kind of chemical they put on the wheels but they seem to have lost the original color I need to re-paint them, but my real problem is how to find the specific color code for the Volk Progressive TEs to have them paint exactly as new, any help finding this color code?

I bet if you call Status auto and talk to the guys over there they will know. If not then just get them powdercoated a color you like it would be around $400for all 4 wheels.

^^Just a thought^^
Old 08-09-2007 | 07:11 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by azrlee
hi guys!!

are they painted or anodized? and man, I LOVE those wheels..

a shop ****ed up my TEs as well... I ended up having to powdercoat them

turned out (originally bronze):
Old 08-09-2007 | 07:13 AM
Motormouth
Banned

oh I wanted to say:

the TE37s are anodized, and from talking with Andy@performance nissan (who was incrediably helpful) there is basically nothing you can do. almost no where can anodize a wheel and it's super expensive if you can find somewhere. if it is white and hazy that is the same thing that happened to me.
Old 08-11-2007 | 12:29 AM
zuronora

i had a service at nissan, and they washed my car and had same problem with you but my wheel was worst, had chemical dripp marks all-over.
i talked with service manager, and end up they are buyin me a new set of TE's, you should talk 2 with detailer or shop.
Old 08-11-2007 | 03:38 AM
fabcas311

Originally Posted by zuronora
i had a service at nissan, and they washed my car and had same problem with you but my wheel was worst, had chemical dripp marks all-over.
i talked with service manager, and end up they are buyin me a new set of TE's, you should talk 2 with detailer or shop.
Old 08-11-2007 | 07:35 AM
03redlineZ

Originally Posted by zuronora

Thats my boy!!!!!!!!!! I love hearing stuff like this, they need to be more cautious of our cars...I got a small nick in one of my LE37s the other day from when I brought it to NIssan for an oil change and I made them get it fixed!! I explained the rim is discontinued and was like 850 a pop!!

I have never let them wash my car, I have heard horror stories....

Congrats on what you did, I think it will make the dealership be a little more attentive when a 350Z comes through the door!!
Old 08-11-2007 | 11:01 PM
pearlwhite_z

i have the same problem...only i bought my wheels second hand...volk gt 7's...but i want to paint them gold (they are gunmetal now) and the lips need to be refinished. Anyone know what color i should tell the shop to powdercoat the wheels? (i want the sf challenge/gts GOLD color). And also are volks just painted?