Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Volk GT-S damaged by Esserman Nissan! Still bad tranny!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 11:02 AM
r3zon8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volk GT-S damaged by Esserman Nissan! Still bad tranny!!

Dropped off my 06 Z for AC repair on Monday, also explained some grinding on 2nd and 3rd gear. I had him walk around my car and showed him the car was mint especially the wheels.

Call on Monday afternoon to get status, and service manager lets me know that condenser needs to be replaced, and i will need a new tranny, expect my car on thursday, i said fine.

Go to pickup the car today at 2pm, the front drivers side wheel was curbed. a nice long portion of it too.

luckily he admits to the damage, and service manager comes over who takes a look at the wheel and offers repair service at a rim shop they work with. ive read many posts of how difficult it is to match the factory color/clearcoat on Volk wheels no matter how good the shop is; especially Gold. Im afraid that whatever job they do, the wheel just wont match the rest of the wheels and the car will look weird. i spent so much time to take care of my wheels, i worked so hard to save up the money for them, just to have some jerk run them into a curb.

So i get back in my car, already furious about the wheels, and i drive off. when i shift into 5, and then 6th gear i hear a subtle whining/rattling coming from back of the car. i pull up my windows, and turn off radio to make it silent. Sure enough, the noise was more apparent now, any time the stick is in the 5th or 6th gear position, it makes the noise. Even if clutch is in or out, so long as you move the stick into 5th or 6th position..the noise is heard. N-1-2-3-4..no noise.

thoughts anyone?
Old 04-17-2008, 11:28 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Make them buy a new rim. Point out the noise too.

/Thread
Old 04-17-2008, 11:29 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a standard south florida special to me.

So... Did you take the car in its current state? Did they
put the "fix" in writing? I would assume a 2 day job to fix
wheel, especially if the repair guy is off-site. This is exactly
why I can't stand dealerships in general, no accountability.

I would insist on turbax for your wheel repair, and no one/where
else. Frankly, they should buy you a new wheel.

L
Old 04-17-2008, 11:31 AM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Weak man, just weak. That's a crappy experience. I'm not sure if I would take it back there, but at the same time they're the ones that screwed it up and they should be the ones to fix it.

As far as the wheel is concerned, I would demand that they replace the wheel - not just the barrel, but the entire wheel. You paid $3000 for brand new, flawless wheels and they screwed them up. Time for them to take a $750 hit in my opinion. Don't let them compromise by ordering you a new barrel only, because then you have to worry about whether the rivets are properly torqued and at this point I wouldn't trust them to spell rivet, let alone torque one to spec.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:38 AM
r3zon8

i got the fix promised in writing by the svc manager and i left. on my way home is when i noticed the tranny noise.

ill be back on monday and give them a shot to repair it, I'll have them put in writing that if the repair of the wheel is not performed to my satisfaction they will buy a new wheel.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:40 AM
NickRaine78

pics?
Old 04-17-2008, 11:42 AM
bck2stkz

demand a new rim!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:23 PM
TripleD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This a good reason to keep stock wheels, if i have to have the car taken anywhere to have anything done, stock wheels go on. ONLY way to insure someone won't curb your **** that you spent so much money on. If you opt to have fix http://www.wheelcollision.com/, they do awesome work! ad a wheel repaired once by them. As far as the lip goes, you will never get it to match. It has some sort of anodized finish on the lip, which usually has to be stripped to fix rim. Then they polish the crap out of it to get it as shiney as possible.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:00 PM
WhiteOnWhite350z

Originally Posted by r3zon8
i got the fix promised in writing by the svc manager and i left. on my way home is when i noticed the tranny noise.

ill be back on monday and give them a shot to repair it, I'll have them put in writing that if the repair of the wheel is not performed to my satisfaction they will buy a new wheel.
I actually take off my wheels and throw on the stocks when I go to the dealer...I might suggest doing the same dude...

too many issues with local dealerships...