Do not buy from VQ Motoring

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:05 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve-O Z33
I actually ended up cutting them down b/c spacers killed ride quality.
YOu could have just bought quality spacers.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

^^ I would only point out… And as Steve mentions… the suspension on German engineered cars may not do well when adding spacers. Before buying my Z, I drove Porsche and Audi, and adding spacers to these cars could possibly result in poor handling since it disrupted the very precise suspension design. This was especially true with the rear engine design of the 911 Porsche.

I’m going to wait for the pictures before offering any additional comments.

--Spike
Old 08-06-2008, 07:21 PM
kramykram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have purchased from vq motoring in the past also with no problems. I'm sorry you ran into bad luck with them.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:26 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I should have known that people would be dicks on here. It's all my fault. I installed this wrong or did that wrong. You're all ignoring the fact that the freaking valve stems aren't even threaded into the wheel.

And to the guy who has a hard time taking me seriously. Buy something from them and call to work things out. They'll all but tell you to go screw yourself. Then when you wreck your car b/c the tire blows out, maybe you can take this issue seriously.

It's not very hard to install spacers for 1. 2, German cars are notorious for being sensitive to wheel/tire/suspension adjustments. I've had several VW and Audi enthusiasts tell me that spacers were going to reduce ride quality which is why I removed them and cut the lug bolts down.

I had a bad experience with a shop and they are compromising safety on the wheels that they sell. I thought it was deserving of a heads up to people. I guess the rest of you are too shallow to give a **** about anyone but yourselves.

no one was being a dick, you was never clear as to what car this was for so some may have got confused.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:31 AM
jgregory124

Originally Posted by Z04
no one was being a dick, you was never clear as to what car this was for so some may have got confused.
Yes but he does have a point......Why the F*ck are people posting dumb @ss pictures on this post......this is a serious issue in my opinion, a sponsors' name may be tarnished.....but dumb @sses are post whoring........this site has been going down the tube for a while.....you use to be able to get valuable info on this site........now you have deal with bull sh*t on every post or thread...
Old 08-07-2008, 06:35 AM
Skillz911

I've had great experiences with VQMotoring, when I dealt with them in the past their customer service was great and if any mistakes were made they were fixed promptly. Sorry to hear you had issues with them.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:39 AM
r0csfinest

it be nice to tell us what kind of rims she got and what kind of car........
Old 08-07-2008, 06:42 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z
Old 08-07-2008, 06:45 AM
Gary1107

LMAO @ Smiley WAR!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:52 AM
osinrider04

Well I for one will say that since I am in the process of buying a new wheel/tire package that it freaks me out to have to worry about blowing tires because valve stems were installed incorrectly. I don't know anything else about the spacers or wheels not moving issue, but sometimes you need not express yourself with too much anger. If it were an honest mistake by VQ or others, you would look like a fool for posting such harsh comments.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:22 AM
3m wol8

Well, I should have known that people would be dicks on here. It's all my fault. I installed this wrong or did that wrong. You're all ignoring the fact that the freaking valve stems aren't even threaded into the wheel.

And to the guy who has a hard time taking me seriously. Buy something from them and call to work things out. They'll all but tell you to go screw yourself. Then when you wreck your car b/c the tire blows out, maybe you can take this issue seriously.

It's not very hard to install spacers for 1. 2, German cars are notorious for being sensitive to wheel/tire/suspension adjustments. I've had several VW and Audi enthusiasts tell me that spacers were going to reduce ride quality which is why I removed them and cut the lug bolts down.

I had a bad experience with a shop and they are compromising safety on the wheels that they sell. I thought it was deserving of a heads up to people. I guess the rest of you are too shallow to give a **** about anyone but yourselves.
maybe you were a dikkhead from the start? i've ordered from them and didn't get my lug nuts... "no problem UPS must have lost them, i'll ship them out right away" they also came in with a small chip in the lip... "no problem we can take care of that" i don't know much about you but I'd be willing to bet you're just an a$$hole and get "bad customer service" everywhere you go
Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Steve-O Z33

So I'm the ******** for posting a warning? And yeah, I expressed anger. How would you feel if your gf was sold a deathtrap setup? You're not going to be happy about it. On my way to get this fixed and to get pics. Thanks for those who are mature enough to appreciate things.

And I have gotten great customer service pretty much everywhere but VQ. Thanks for the ignorant statement.

Again, so many people on this forum readily attack people like they were there and know everything about the situation.

Last edited by Steve-O Z33; 08-07-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:10 PM
osinrider04

I think I've sort of takin the criticisim of the forum as like hazing from a frat. Once you get thru it tho they all pretty much respect you. But when you send out comments like this you gotta realize some people aren't going to agree with you regardless what the issue is..dunno why tho
Old 08-07-2008, 12:16 PM
06dieselZ

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Old 08-07-2008, 12:19 PM
osinrider04

ha that last smiley sort of looks like peter griffin for some reason
Old 08-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 957 Likes on 722 Posts

i was thinking more like the fish from american dad

Old 08-07-2008, 12:40 PM
twin001

So I'm the ******** for posting a warning? And yeah, I expressed anger. How would you feel if your gf was sold a deathtrap setup? You're not going to be happy about it. On my way to get this fixed and to get pics. Thanks for those who are mature enough to appreciate things.

And I have gotten great customer service pretty much everywhere but VQ. Thanks for the ignorant statement.

Again, so many people on this forum readily attack people like they were there and know everything about the situation.
I wouldn't call "Do not buy anything from VQ Motoring" a warning.....that's more like a declarative statement. Tone get's lost in the translation when you are typing. I would have chosen different words if I were going to "warn" someone. Anyway, I hope everything gets resolved for you. I'm not trying to be a smartass, just trying to help.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:49 PM
jdudzik

I have seen a valve stem separate from the tire and go flying.

It was on my neighbors wrangler. It WAS installed correctly, but cracked and failed due to a manufacturing defect. The local tire shop replaced all four stems for free! (due to recall)

Prob. not your specific problem but I was just throwing that out there, good luck.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:53 PM
moforeynolds

Your response to me is exceptionally rude and obnoxious, just like every post you have since made in this thread. First off, in no way was I "being a dick". So check yourself. Secondly, I DO know people that have bought from them, and the only instance of a problem was taken care of without issue. You say that wasn't your experience, but when you yap your mouth like an a55hole and then get aggressive with your responses, it doesn't convince me in the least that you didn't overact in the exact same fashion to either the problem, to VQ, or both.

So when you said that "you ended up cutting [the lug bolts] down b/c spacers killed ride quality", was that comment from YOUR EXPERIENCE with the spacers, or from WHAT YOU HEARD from "several VW and Audi enthusiasts"?

You know, if I had never heard of VQ before, you would not convince me of anything because ever since your first post you have simply come off as an arrogant dick. You need to realize that whatever your complaints are about a particular vendor, regardless of validity, carrying the tone that you have throughout this thread is going to make it harder for you to convince people that VQ is a bad vendor instead of a customer that is overreacting. Judging by your previous responses I doubt you will understand that point, but I truly hope you do.

I sincerely hope your problem is quickly fixed, however at fault VQ really is. But understand that the tone of the replies are in response to your own.

Last edited by moforeynolds; 08-07-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:17 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Why hasn't VQ chimed in on this thread yet?

Quick Reply: Do not buy from VQ Motoring