Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Do not buy from VQ Motoring

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:35 PM
ColoradoClark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve-O Z33
I've had several VW and Audi enthusiasts tell me that spacers were going to reduce ride quality which is why I removed them and cut the lug bolts down.
You did WHAT? Sorry, man, but you can't complain about a shop not caring about their customers' safety right after you tell us that you cut the lug bolts on your GF's car to make her new wheels fit. WTF?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06dieselZ
Old 08-07-2008, 07:58 PM
wunfstmax

Originally Posted by ColoradoClark
You did WHAT? Sorry, man, but you can't complain about a shop not caring about their customers' safety right after you tell us that you cut the lug bolts on your GF's car to make her new wheels fit. WTF?
Im not quite sure it's that big of a deal. If he had cut them down only to the point where they wouldn't sit against the hub there is no real safety issuse. If he had cut them down to the point where only 2-3 threads were attached then I could see an issue. On top of that he said he waited for them to send shorter bolts and then never came.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What wheels were they?
Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Steve-O Z33

I cut the minimal amount down by looking at the stock bolts. It's definitely safe. I will take back the statement about the valve stems being glued in. They are just cheap quality valve stems that came apart. Still a safety concern but no one was injured and it's fixed now. Car=96 Audi A4 2.8. Wheels- Ruff 280.

Pics, a day late b/c of having to wait my turn at a wheel/tire shop:

This is how the one that shot out of the wheel by just touching it looked: (it happened at the wheel shop on another wheel as well)

After seeing how badly deteriorated these were, I'm surprised that I even made it the 2 miles it took to get to the wheel shop. I did take the tire itself the other day when I made the initial post.

The reason there are 3 valve stems is because I had 1 done and left it at the shop. They threw it away and I didn't think to take pics. I would say that the pics show how bad the stems are. All the shop did was remove the tire and then removed the loose rubber and 2 valve stems. 2 of the valve stems shot out of the wheel. Not necessarily VQ Motoring's fault. It's the manufacturer of the stems on this. But I won't take back the fact that they had bad customer service at the time that the wheels were purchased. It also seems to me like maybe these stems were really old and maybe dry-rotted.

I hope everything has been explained to everyone's liking. I'm sure I will continue to be flamed but I've said what I need to say and posted the pics as promised. It is what it is.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

^^ The valve stems look like old used junk!

--Spike
Old 08-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

So you get cheap, low-quality valvestems when you buy cheap, low-quality knockoff wheels Who would've thought...

Old 08-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Steve-O Z33

Buying a cheap wheel is completely irrelevant to valve stem quality. That's about the most ignorant, immature comment yet.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:52 AM
michaeljr6

that sucks
Old 08-09-2008, 10:33 AM
norapat01

that sucks, it makes your car dangerous to drive. Could you send back the wheel or report this to a BBB (Business Bureau)?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:21 AM
r0csfinest

[QUOTE=Triple8Sol]So you get cheap, low-quality valvestems when you buy cheap, low-quality knockoff wheels Who would've thought...
[QUOTE]
+99999999999
Old 08-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Get_Zwole

Old 08-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Get_Zwole

emo smiley is sorry for your problems. Razorblades fix all.

edit looks like hes crying sperm lmao.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:16 PM
cbr900son

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole
Old 08-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve-O Z33
Buying a cheap wheel is completely irrelevant to valve stem quality. That's about the most ignorant, immature comment yet.

Show me a set of higher end wheels that come with cheesy valvestems like that, regardless of what reseller you buy them from? Not too common at all, you knockoff-wheel-purchaser.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Steve-O Z33

I had Rays on my car and the valve stems looked like anything else I had seen before. Valve stems at any rate should not come apart in a few months. I wouldn't expect a child to understand this, though.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:29 PM
VQmotoring
Banned

Wow sorry to here about this issue (never heard about this at all, just noticed the thread). When you buy ruff wheels all of the ruff wheels are mounted and balanced by the manufacture of ruff (statuswheels) those are the valvestems they use (that we have never really had any issues).
As far as safty goes, the last thing i would do is cut lug nuts... Definatly wouldnt recommend doing that.

I consider that we are actually very good with customer service, i have never really heard about anyone complaining about our company on this forum until this thread.. But anyhow, did you get your issue resolved?

thanks,
Old 08-18-2008, 12:59 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Thank you for chiming in VQmotoring. It clears up alot, knowing the valve stems were a manufacturer flaw and all equipment was preassembled by the manufacturer. I bet it's safe to say the wheels were drop shipped also.

I'd say the OP did come off a bit aggressive with harsh acussuations, with minimal evidence for the community. As with any "call out" thread, the person doing the name smearing better be darn sure they have all their P's & Q's straight, or face the wrath of the community.

As far as the lugs or whatever they're called were concerned, I still can not concieve how they would stop a wheel from spinning. Even if they touch the rotor hat, it still wouldn't stop the axle from spinning. Under normal cirrcumstances is the wheel not completely touching the rotor hat anyway? The only problem I could imagine is the stems being too long, thus calling for spacers.

-2 cents-
Old 08-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by vo7848
Thank you for chiming in VQmotoring. It clears up alot, knowing the valve stems were a manufacturer flaw and all equipment was preassembled by the manufacturer. I bet it's safe to say the wheels were drop shipped also.

I'd say the OP did come off a bit aggressive with harsh acussuations, with minimal evidence for the community. As with any "call out" thread, the person doing the name smearing better be darn sure they have all their P's & Q's straight, or face the wrath of the community.

As far as the lugs or whatever they're called were concerned, I still can not concieve how they would stop a wheel from spinning. Even if they touch the rotor hat, it still wouldn't stop the axle from spinning. Under normal cirrcumstances is the wheel not completely touching the rotor hat anyway? The only problem I could imagine is the stems being too long, thus calling for spacers.

-2 cents-
i still dont know what hes talkign about either. Yes the wheel is always flush up against the rotor so i dont know why hes saying its stoping it from turning. It also pisses me off that people start these threads ********ting somebody's name and then come to find out they havent even discussed it with the company. I think call out threads should be in a forum where others can view but only the company and buyer can post.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:26 PM
JonnyC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for chiming in VQ. I bought some Ruffs from you and had no issues at all. I was actually really satisfied with the whole experience. However, I'm going to keep an eye on my valve stems now!

Quick Reply: Do not buy from VQ Motoring