Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Do not buy from VQ Motoring

Old 08-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Steve-O Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Do not buy from VQ Motoring

A few months back, my girlfriend decided to purchase a wheel and tire package from VQ Motoring. I noticed that they are a sponsor of this site, so I have decided to warn everyone I can that they are a shady company and do not do things in a safe manner.

#1: The wheels and tires arrived and I installed them. The car would not move. The lug bolts they sent me were too long and hit the hub, keeping the car from moving. I called and asked if the wheels were right and was assured that I would be sent shorter bolts. They never showed up. If you're going to sell a wheel and tire package for a particular car, the package should install so that the car actually moves out of place. I had to install spacers on the car. Not a big deal, really but still represents bad customer service.

#2: Today, I had my gf's car at my dad's shop to check her tires out, etc. Well, upon just touching one of the valve stem caps, the entire valve stem shot across the shop. The valve stems were not installed correctly. They were coated with silicone RTV and slipped into the wheel. I'm guessing that the high heat in NC lately has taken its toll on the silicone and turned it loose. I thought the car was riding rough and wanted to inspect it. Several of the valve stems after checking the air are hissing constantly and won't hold. I'm sure that the valve stems are ready to shoot out of the wheel any minute.

Thank God that me or my family was not in the car on the highway when the valve stems decided to shoot out of the wheels. Obviously, VQ Motoring takes only things of monetary value into consideration and not the safety of their customers and their families. Not only should you not buy from them because of their selfishness and lack of customer service but mainly, because they do not care about your safety. They only want your money.

I will post pics of the valve stems that come out tomorrow, as you will see that they are clearly just RTV'd in place. I left the 1 from today at the wheel/tire shop.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve-O Z33
A few months back, my girlfriend decided to purchase a wheel and tire package from VQ Motoring. I noticed that they are a sponsor of this site, so I have decided to warn everyone I can that they are a shady company and do not do things in a safe manner.

#1: The wheels and tires arrived and I installed them. The car would not move. The lug bolts they sent me were too long and hit the hub, keeping the car from moving. I called and asked if the wheels were right and was assured that I would be sent shorter bolts. They never showed up. If you're going to sell a wheel and tire package for a particular car, the package should install so that the car actually moves out of place. I had to install spacers on the car. Not a big deal, really but still represents bad customer service.

#2: Today, I had my gf's car at my dad's shop to check her tires out, etc. Well, upon just touching one of the valve stem caps, the entire valve stem shot across the shop. The valve stems were not installed correctly. They were coated with silicone RTV and slipped into the wheel. I'm guessing that the high heat in NC lately has taken its toll on the silicone and turned it loose. I thought the car was riding rough and wanted to inspect it. Several of the valve stems after checking the air are hissing constantly and won't hold. I'm sure that the valve stems are ready to shoot out of the wheel any minute.

Thank God that me or my family was not in the car on the highway when the valve stems decided to shoot out of the wheels. Obviously, VQ Motoring takes only things of monetary value into consideration and not the safety of their customers and their families. Not only should you not buy from them because of their selfishness and lack of customer service but mainly, because they do not care about your safety. They only want your money.

I will post pics of the valve stems that come out tomorrow, as you will see that they are clearly just RTV'd in place. I left the 1 from today at the wheel/tire shop.

explain 1 a bit more........youve lost me.

why would you need new lugs for your wheels? How would they stop the car from moving?
Old 08-06-2008, 02:30 PM
WhiskeyHotel

Yea, -1 on #1. What could have happened is the wheels did not fit over your brakes, clamping them down on the rotor when tightened. The spacers fixed the problem and that's the reason you didn't get any lugs from VQ. They knew the lug nuts weren't the problem.

Last edited by WhiskeyHotel; 08-06-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:30 PM
eze-edsel

Originally Posted by Chris @ Migliore
explain 1 a bit more........youve lost me.

why would you need new lugs for your wheels? How would they stop the car from moving?

+1
Old 08-06-2008, 02:31 PM
06dieselZ

Old 08-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same here with #1. if you bought the right size wheel/tire you should not have to change the lug studs at all.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:37 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you have a video of the shooting valve stems?
Old 08-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Steve-O Z33

German cars often have lug BOLTS instead of studs and nuts. That's why they were too long. I actually ended up cutting them down b/c spacers killed ride quality.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by 06dieselZ
Old 08-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Steve-O Z33

Originally Posted by Z04
same here with #1. if you bought the right size wheel/tire you should not have to change the lug studs at all.
I asked the guy repeatedly if these would fit the car. Response= YES, they will b/c we have put them on numerous Audi A4s. Again, they'll tell you anything so they can make money... then install a valve stem incorrectly before shipping.

And no, the wheels did not hit the brakes. The bolts, when tightened, were going too far and must have hit the rotors?
Old 08-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

ah ok, not on a Z.

pics?
Old 08-06-2008, 03:21 PM
reptile718

I have purchased a set of wheels from them and customer service is top notch.

Everything fit as advertised and have not experienced any of the above problems stated.

Must be an isolated incident?!?!?!?

Please post PIC's!
Old 08-06-2008, 03:28 PM
WhiskeyHotel

O.K., I'll give the 1 back. I just can't imagine a stud going all the way through the hub and hitting something. I'm in for pic, too.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:28 PM
moforeynolds

And no, the wheels did not hit the brakes. The bolts, when tightened, were going too far and must have hit the rotors?
...I'm still lost. Is this a euro thing?

OP I'm honestly sorry for any problems you have experienced and you are within your rights to complain, but when you start mouthing off like this:

Obviously, VQ Motoring takes only things of monetary value into consideration and not the safety of their customers and their families. Not only should you not buy from them because of their selfishness and lack of customer service but mainly, because they do not care about your safety. They only want your money.
I have a hard time taking you seriously.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Steve-O Z33

Taking wheels in tomorrow to have valve stems replaced. I'll get pics up tomorrow ASAP.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:31 PM
moforeynolds

spacers killed ride quality.

either you didn't install the spacers correctly or you were running gigantic spacers. They should have absolutely zero effect on ride quality.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Old 08-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Steve-O Z33

Well, I should have known that people would be dicks on here. It's all my fault. I installed this wrong or did that wrong. You're all ignoring the fact that the freaking valve stems aren't even threaded into the wheel.

And to the guy who has a hard time taking me seriously. Buy something from them and call to work things out. They'll all but tell you to go screw yourself. Then when you wreck your car b/c the tire blows out, maybe you can take this issue seriously.

It's not very hard to install spacers for 1. 2, German cars are notorious for being sensitive to wheel/tire/suspension adjustments. I've had several VW and Audi enthusiasts tell me that spacers were going to reduce ride quality which is why I removed them and cut the lug bolts down.

I had a bad experience with a shop and they are compromising safety on the wheels that they sell. I thought it was deserving of a heads up to people. I guess the rest of you are too shallow to give a **** about anyone but yourselves.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

The pictures you promised should "tell the story" better than a "thousand words."

...subscribing, and reserving comments until the pics are up.

--Spike
Old 08-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Steve-O Z33

Originally Posted by Spike100
The pictures you promised should "tell the story" better than a "thousand words."

...subscribing, and reserving comments until the pics are up.

--Spike
I know it was long-winded but I was stating the facts as well as my opinion. Now I'm having to defend myself against unnecessary flaming. Pics will be up tomorrow. Thanks for understanding.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do not buy from VQ Motoring