Official Aggressive Wheels & Fat Tires Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:14 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by theianmcdougall
^just jealous
Jealous of what? Improperly-sized tires and scuffing rubber? Hardly.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:17 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

^just jealous
Fail . Worst fad in quite a while. Please take it back to vdubs and s10's.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Dragonbreath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would it be jealousy? All one would have to do is buy a slimmer tire instead of a wider tire if they wanted them stretched. You actually have to pay more for a wider tire..... Jealousy is for someone who doesnt have that wants to have and does not have to means to obtain. It seems to me if someone wanted a slimmer tire they would buy it instead of a wider tire being that its more inexpensive. The guys running wider tires chose to go wider. I wouldnt buy a wider tire for more money, then be jealous of the guy next to me because I chose to buy wider.

A little wordy and repetitive but I wasnt sure how to explain
Old 04-28-2010, 11:32 AM
importroller

far from jealous my friend.

Last edited by importroller; 04-28-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:04 PM
theianmcdougall

haha, i knew that would stir yall up
Old 04-28-2010, 12:11 PM
importroller

Children normally do like to cause fights and commotion. Its ok, eventually you will grow up.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:22 PM
theianmcdougall

jeez sorry for joking around, didnt know yall were so uptight on this thread, i mean i like the whole super wide tires thing, just not my style

dont worry ima just head back to the more popular stretched tires thread

bye guys!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:27 PM
importroller

you can joke. No one really cares. Big aluminum wings are very popular too, but that doesnt make it good
Old 04-28-2010, 01:24 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

jeez sorry for joking around, didnt know yall were so uptight on this thread, i mean i like the whole super wide tires thing, just not my style

dont worry ima just head back to the more popular stretched tires thread

bye guys!
It's the same 12 people posting over and over and over again......wasting bandwidth.

Most of us utilize the entire site.......you few chose to post, for the most part, in 1 thread.....
Old 04-28-2010, 01:44 PM
importroller

^those 12 are kindred soles. they are the only ones who are liking that fad, so they need to keep stroking each other to feel better about their way of doing things.

I always laugh when someone with stretched tires makes a thread that they hit a pothole (or anything else on a street) and thought their tire was popped off the rim.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:49 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

I can predict 8 of the next 10 posts.......

*"Hey bro, I lowered my car another 1/64"..... **** looks fresh.....here is 2934802349820394 pics since its been 6 hours since my last pics."
Old 04-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lolz
Old 04-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Adon

I can't understand the fckin hatred between the two different groups. I personally did and like both, did the whole fat tires and flush look and now with my new setup I'm about to try the poke and stretch thing because I'm after a super aggressive stance.

for example, my car belonged in this thread before with my old setup check pic here.

But for my next setup I'm goin with poke/stretch because bottom line is it looks more fckin aggressive, and you guys don't seem to get that some of us are pushing for super aggressive stance and don't give a flyin FCK about driveability.

And yea there's a lot of guys doing poke/stretch style wrong with warped and chipped fenders, rubbing and shredding tires but when it's done right it's done right and it looks super aggressive, you can't argue with that anymore than we can argue your guys having better handling performance.

But on the flip side there's plenty of you guys in this thread doing your style wrong too, fckin fat tires aftermarket wheels with no drop, and things of such nature.

Oh and by the way I hope you guys do realize that what you call a fad, isn't a fad.... drifters opt to stretch, less sidewall = no tire flex = smoother drifts, it annoys the **** out of me when you guys ignorantly keep pushin the "Oh it's a fad, and there's no real benefit to stretchin and pokin"

it's not a fad and it will stay as long as drifting sticks around, and any of you think drifting is going anywhere anytime soon ? yea... thought so!
so if you quit being ignorant for a second and realize that the benefits we reap from this style are super aggressive looks and that's all we're after, we understand we're giving up performance but we gives a fck..

to us there's nothing better than seeing a car that looks like it's literally hugging the pavement with our super low offsets and stance, that's the pinnacle to us... just like yours is to carve the shlt out of every corner and have your car stick because of all the rubber you got under the car.

To knock it out the park with my last sentence, let me remind you guys of something, there is a HellaFlush movement going on that's much bigger than anything happenin in your thread here, last I checked I never seen any kind of Fat Tire community that's doing anything.... well this sentence alone kills any "fad" argument you wanna throw our way.

can't we all be friends and quit bashin each others styles please ?
fck we're all car enthusiasts at the end of the day, we all own the same cars and love them and take care of them the same so why the hatred.

Last edited by Adon; 04-28-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:13 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Drifting is a fad as well.......glorified burnout contest.....it's the figure skating of autosport. On a side note.....the tires above look stretched to me.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Adon

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
Drifting is a fad as well.......glorified burnout contest.....it's the figure skating of autosport. On a side note.....the tires above look stretched to me.

I personally am not into drifting, but there's no denying it's huge now and it will not go away, it's a focal point of any big import show nowadays, you just gotta have a drifting contest.

and my tires stretched? yo you serious ?

on the front 8.5' rim with 245/35/20 and the rear 10' rim with 285/35/20........ if you guys think that's stretched, then I'm out of words
Old 04-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wheres the love y'all??
Old 04-28-2010, 02:23 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Adon
I personally am not into drifting, but there's no denying it's huge now and it will not go away, it's a focal point of any big import show nowadays, you just gotta have a drifting contest.

on the front 8.5' rim with 245/35/20 and the rear 10' rim with 285/35/20........ if you guys think that's stretched, then I'm out of words
I switched screens...must be the other monitor....my apologies. There is a reason a lot of tracks don't allow drifting on their premises....they dirty up the track with debris and 99% suck at it.......thus bang up walls and tire barriers because they can't keep the tires on pavement to save their lives.

Last edited by 03threefiftyz; 04-28-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Adon

^ I see the same thing, the only good drifting I see locally are proper drift teams, way too many noobs fckin up the track.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:07 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

To knock it out the park with my last sentence, let me remind you guys of something, there is a HellaFlush movement going on that's much bigger than anything happenin in your thread here, last I checked I never seen any kind of Fat Tire community that's doing anything.... well this sentence alone kills any "fad" argument you wanna throw our way.

can't we all be friends and quit bashin each others styles please ?
fck we're all car enthusiasts at the end of the day, we all own the same cars and love them and take care of them the same so why the hatred.
Hmm, we are tracking our cars with big tires for max grip. You (plural) are drifting (or looking like drifters) with skinny tires for minimum grip. Both are hobbies, I suppose, but one is the fastest way around the track and one is to look cool. I let the skinny tire guys give me the point-by, so there is no reason to self-proclaim myself as cool.

245 on an 8.5 and 285 on a 10 are standard to slightly small for those wheels (though the wheels are small also). I'd say it doesn't belong in either thread, but maybe the 20" wheels are cool thread.

Happy drifting, err, poking!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Adon

^ lol, now I got u raggin on my cuz of my wheel size...

we can't help it, our G's got fat asses, we definitely need lipped 20's for the right look, 19's are perfect size for non tracked 350z's though.

here's an example of what I'm talkin about, 19s front and 20's rear... look how tiny the 19's look

Quick Reply: Official Aggressive Wheels & Fat Tires Thread