Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

' WHEELS & TIRES '!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 02:35 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I'm hoping Nissan will follow tradition and maintain a 5x114.3 (most imports have this lug pattern) and around 40-45 mm offset. I really want to run a staggered settup as on my Lexus.
My Z would run: 245/45/19 front and 275-285/35/19 rear. That should shave off some time thru the slalom. Actually it's just for looks. And believe me, no "burning rubber or peeling out" for me! For every foot of rubber you lay down that takes away @ 1,000 miles off your tires!!!
Old 07-04-2002, 04:31 AM
jrreed350togo

I like...looking good
Old 07-04-2002, 04:39 AM
AtlZ

so tell us, what kind of rims you thinkin about getting? why such a big secret? its not like everyone will go out and get them before you and say that they were the first. besides, i was interested in what others had in mind. please share your findings on what will look nice on the Z.
Old 07-04-2002, 05:48 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by AtlZ
so tell us, what kind of rims you thinkin about getting? why such a big secret? its not like everyone will go out and get them before you and say that they were the first. besides, i was interested in what others had in mind. please share your findings on what will look nice on the Z.
Well Atlz, don't take it personally, but I've experienced that very thing in the past. A little history about me: I have been a member/moderator for and on several car-enthusiasts boards. Including 4 previous Mustang Clubs 1 Vette Club, the Lexus Club and here (My350Z) are my current interests. So it makes me a little more comfortable to actually fit my wheels on before I post the pic and or talk about my particular wheels. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. But, I will state for the record in my personal opinion having owned several aftermarket wheels form 16in-20in, without question the 350Z will look best with some type of a "5-Spoke Multi-Piece wheel". Hope that helps.
Old 07-04-2002, 06:29 AM
blackSunshine
Charter Member #84

What's the quality difference between a 3-piece and a 1-piece? Lighter?Stronger? Or are they just fancier? Sorry I can't answer your question either, I wish I knew.
Old 07-04-2002, 10:07 AM
Cintel7

Damn TXSTYLE!

You are getting me excited now. I am looking for similar set up as yours also (5-spoke) and 235 (8.5) front, 275 rear (9.5).

I will probably do different offsets for the front and rear so that they both protrude out about half an inch more than stock, just so it almost flush with the fenders.

I might not go fast any more after that, but let's hope it looks fast.
Old 07-04-2002, 10:18 AM
TimZ

While 3-piece wheels certainly look "racier" and may be lighter, they are much more expensive and susceptible to problems and need periodic upkeep as opposed to the 1-piece. The many small bolts which hold the pieces of the wheel together can come loose and the seals between the wheel segments can deteriorate and need to be replaced. I have owned about three or four sets of 3-piece wheels and while you cannot dispute their racing beauty, IMHO, a forged, super-light, one-piece wheel like the Rays are the best for the street.
Old 07-04-2002, 06:22 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I prefer to keep my wheel choice secret, even though I doubt anyone will be getting the ones I'm looking at. TX knows which ones I'm talking about though. A certain 5-spoke model from Japan. I'd like to go 18x9, 18x10, but I suspect it may be 18x9, 18x9.5 at a maximum.

Here's a couple of lovely choices:
SSR Decolte

Work Equip
Old 07-04-2002, 07:21 PM
3rdpower

These look good and all but you get much better performance and weight from forged wheels don't you? I want a good balance/blend of weight/looks/performance. I already have a loaded down touring with all options - I don't need more wheel weight.
Old 07-04-2002, 07:28 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by Daytona
Yeah, I prefer to keep my wheel choice secret, even though I doubt anyone will be getting the ones I'm looking at. TX knows which ones I'm talking about though. A certain 5-spoke model from Japan. I'd like to go 18x9, 18x10, but I suspect it may be 18x9, 18x9.5 at a maximum.

Here's a couple of lovely choices:
SSR Decolte

Work Equip
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! VERY NICE CHOICES MY MAN! I see we share the same tastes indeed. I will admit, neither of them are what I'm getting, but if I did, those SSR's would be #2 on my list! Great selection! By the way, I have a buddy who has those same WORK EQUIPS on his LEXUS GS400, in chrome and 20inch!
Speaking of WORK EQUIP, How about a set of these REZAX? Pretty damn sweet for a 'mesh' wheel!
Old 07-04-2002, 08:51 PM
blackSunshine
Charter Member #84

Those ssr's are very very nice looking, guess you can't get those at the tire rack... anyone have any <b>good</b> places to look for performance wheels online?? I've been looking, but no luck so far with my search engine.

btw, we should keep this thread going, we need someone in 'the know' like ZISME to see it, so they can spill the beans about the pattern and offset.
Old 07-04-2002, 10:06 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those Rezax's are nice, they remind me of the Enkei Aegis. I really wish someone could come up with offset; I'm pretty sure the bolt spacing will be 5x114.3--
Old 07-04-2002, 10:25 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by ninepoint5
hey txstyle..........i have been on this board for awhile and i have read several of your posts.........it appears that u know your tires and rims........this will be my first addition onto my 350 when it comes in.......i have a couple of questions that i would like 2 ask u..........1st....do u think 20in will fit?.......2nd...and with the staggered setup u r thinking about doing, is there a pic that u can put on the board so i can see for myself what it looks like?........3rd r u going chrome with your wheels?..............sorry so many questions, but i feel like u know your stuff about wheels(as where i just know what looks good).........hey man i would really appreciate it......sorry its so long!!!.............thanks
Not a prob! Thanks for the compliments.
1. 20in.? My instincts tell me that would be pushin it (without having to modify the wheel openings/roll fenders!)
2. I have not 'photochopped a staggereed look yet, but give me a day or 2!
3. No chrome on my 350Z. Since mine is Silver, I have really put great effort in observing appearance of Silver Cars with CHROME wheels, particularly 'sports cars'. It is my most humble opinion that for silver cars you need a Silver paited/polished wheel with a chrome lip! BUT!!! On any other color I probably would go with good ol' CHROME!
And just so you guys know, I'm pushin' for a "WHEEL" Forum do to I believe it's a pretty hott topic!
Old 07-05-2002, 12:09 AM
3rdpower

I'm going to put the $$$ on a set of new TE-37's. Switch out the stock wheels to the new rims and use a set of all-weathers and the old rims for the winter.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:21 AM
acid burn

I measured it off of the Rays wheel image on nissandriven.com and it is pretty close to 114.3 bolt pattern.
Old 07-05-2002, 07:35 AM
SunsetZ

Hey 3rdPower, if the 040's turn out to be ok tires, how much do you think you'd like for the set you are swapping out of? I am sure mine will be worn out quickly.

Quick Reply: ' WHEELS & TIRES '!!!