Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

The New Standard: Volk TE37SL "Super Lap"

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 10:30 PM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Does this mean TE37s are gonna flood the marketplace??? If so, i will gladly live one step in the past for some black ones with sick offsets...

On a related note... These wheels are just plain ol neat!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Bigalow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarges24
just got a batch of photos in today to help me decide between Rays black or gun metal lugs. Assuming they're of my 19's but the pic did have in fact have Forged, etc on it. Kept trying to save it but it keeps saving it as read only for some reason.
I have gun metal lugs and love them. They'll definitely be on my SLs. BTW, the Rays scrap easily.. I'm not sure if you knew that or not.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Sarges24

Originally Posted by Bigalow
I have gun metal lugs and love them. They'll definitely be on my SLs. BTW, the Rays scrap easily.. I'm not sure if you knew that or not.
now that you mention gun metal... think they do both look good but guess it depends on what color your Z is. From the looks of it Gun Metal would be a great choice for you. Think the black is good for my black Z....

yeah I wasn't aware they scratch they easily until someone else mentioned that to me elsewhere. Place I ordered these from said they'd give me a set for $140 so figured why not. I should be good though. once these go on it's not going to be very often they end up coming off hopefully... all I know is this is going to be an horrific Winter having to wait to get these babies on my Z and start driving her again.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:49 PM
deviljon

does anyone else find these rims unattractive? i feel like if another company came out with this it would be bashed to death, but since VOLK made it, it's soooo hot.

to me it looks like someone riding on a donut with that warning sticker on it still. kudos to them for trying something new i guess..
Old 11-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Sarges24

Originally Posted by deviljon
does anyone else find these rims unattractive? i feel like if another company came out with this it would be bashed to death, but since VOLK made it, it's soooo hot.

to me it looks like someone riding on a donut with that warning sticker on it still. kudos to them for trying something new i guess..
I really don't follow... these are Volk TE37s. They're just a special finish and the Super Lap Edition in which Volk was able to shave a minimal amount of weight off each wheel.... the sticker is completely optional and while I was going to wear it since it's part of the wheel I'm thinking I'm going to roll w/o. @least initially...
Old 11-23-2010, 05:40 PM
kcalvano

FYI, I heard through the grapevine that Volk doesn't offer center caps or valve stem caps as they were trying to shave every ounce they possibly could, hmmm...they should have ixnayed the red sticker as well

Last edited by kcalvano; 11-23-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:50 PM
deviljon

Originally Posted by Sarges24
I really don't follow... these are Volk TE37s. They're just a special finish and the Super Lap Edition in which Volk was able to shave a minimal amount of weight off each wheel.... the sticker is completely optional and while I was going to wear it since it's part of the wheel I'm thinking I'm going to roll w/o. @least initially...
ahh i was referring to the sticker. i didn't know it was optional.

don't get me wrong te37's are still sexy as hell in my book. just thought that spoke sticker looked really tacky.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:55 PM
kcalvano

double post

Last edited by kcalvano; 11-23-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:56 PM
kcalvano

triple post

Last edited by kcalvano; 11-23-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:56 PM
kcalvano

Yeah, the decal is optional. I'm going to run down to my local sign shop and have them print a Volk decal of appropriate color. I do hear the finish on the SL's are gorgeous.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Bigalow

Originally Posted by deviljon

They're cheaper and lighter than regular TE37s. The color is sexy and the stickers are optional.

I don't understand your beef. If you don't like them don't buy them.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:09 PM
kno

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

who sells these?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Bigalow

Originally Posted by kcalvano
FYI, I heard through the grapevine that Volk doesn't offer center caps or valve stem caps as they were trying to shave every ounce they possibly could, hmmm...they should have ixnayed the red sticker as well
They come with valve stems but not center caps. I was trying to figure out what some people are using as an alternative but I suppose theres not enough SL owners to add any advice.

I'm probably in the 1% category that actually likes the red sticker. There's something about having an eye catching red spoke that attracts me. At least people will see the whole car and say, "DAMN!" - whether its thumbs up or down..
Old 11-23-2010, 06:25 PM
kcalvano

Regarding the red decal, IMHO, it's not the color so much as the size/shape that doesn't jive.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Sarges24

They come with valve stems but not center caps. I was trying to figure out what some people are using as an alternative but I suppose theres not enough SL owners to add any advice.

I'm probably in the 1% category that actually likes the red sticker. There's something about having an eye catching red spoke that attracts me. At least people will see the whole car and say, "DAMN!" - whether its thumbs up or down..
I was talking to someone who said they knew someone who worked @ a machine shop or knew someone who did... they fabbed a set of center caps...

Personally I made the decision in buying these knowing I couldn't use center caps. I thought long and hard about it and really didn't like the idea of having the open hub but eventually settled and accepted this is a special finish along the lines of what I wanted. this is how they are this is how they'll roll. Guess the biggest problem if you were to figure something out or to find someplace that would fab some would be how do you finish it? You obviously can't replicate the pressed graphite finish. Painted another color it probably wouldn't look right, etc... personally I say just roll with them how they are. If your Z's not looking pretty back there and it's noticeable just slap a little black paint in there.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:54 PM
deviljon

They're cheaper and lighter than regular TE37s. The color is sexy and the stickers are optional.

I don't understand your beef. If you don't like them don't buy them.
read my post above, i'm only saying i don't like the decal, not the actual rim.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:55 PM
kcalvano

Completely agree with you. I'm planning on squirting black paint in there and calling it good. Plus the lack of a center cap saves about a millionth of an ounce
Old 11-26-2010, 03:22 PM
kcalvano

Fedex delivered my front SL's today. Painfully, I have to wait on the rears so I have to sit tight until next week to do the install, uhhh. I will say that the finish on these is really amazing.

Last edited by kcalvano; 11-26-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:01 PM
350Z_Al

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm in that 1% category, so we're not alone!
Old 11-26-2010, 05:06 PM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kc - what size/offset is your front?

Quick Reply: The New Standard: Volk TE37SL "Super Lap"