Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Advice: Varrstoen vs Enkei RPF1

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 07:04 PM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic. What I've been ranting about since day one is finally the resounding opinion.

Buy the rpf's in 18" square 9.5" or 10.5" widths and call it a day.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Kuhan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enkei's would be a better choice.

Cheap wheels = cheap quality.

You'll get what you pay for.
Don't cheap out on wheels, brakes, tires, etc that deal with safety. You can cheap out on body kits, etc.

Last edited by Kuhan; 07-06-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:28 PM
ComeBack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhan
Enkei's would be a better choice.

Cheap wheels = cheap quality.

You'll get what you pay for.
Don't cheap out on wheels, brakes, tires, etc that deal with safety. You can cheap out on body kits, etc.
Haha cheap on body kits = bad fitment

cheap on performance parts = bad fitment, poor quality, and not as high of power increase

Moral of the story, pretty much in life you get what you pay for.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:35 PM
JPsZ

Definitely go with the Enkei wheels. Super light, strong and affordable. I've personally owned 2 sets of RPF1's myself, and a set of AME TM-02 which are made by Enkei and I've loved every set lol. I believe an 18x10.5+15 is around 19-20 lbs per wheel, which puts that in place with most monoblock Volk wheels, for 1/2 the price.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Blackheart

Enkei! All the way!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:35 PM
GalvatronType_R

Neither. Go with these:

Old 07-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think we should IP check the OP. Seems like someone is just trying to stir the pot. LOL

RPF1's without question.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 PM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at the two wheels. Decide which one you like that looks better. Than buy.

If you need to save weight, RPF1. It's not hard.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:42 PM
black06z

What car is the rims going on?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I just bought a set of enkei's for the track... totally worth it.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:15 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

OP, for the record the poll looks like this... GL.

Enkei rpf1 - |||||||||||||||||||||||
Varrstoen - ||
Old 07-07-2010, 06:40 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Varrstoen's are great...

If you chug **** and carry a knock off Louis purse.

...I love this guy.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:52 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by vex008
good info z-1
not doubting enkei's resume by any means.
just saying that every company had to start somewhere.
whether a good start or bad.

There is a HUGE point you are missing here as well:

Enkie never started off making REPLICA wheels or copying any other design. From the beginning, they designed their own wheels.

In fact, i would love for anyone to point me to ANY legit company that started off making only replicas of ANYTHING, and now makes their own designs and who has withstood at least 10+ years in business.

Bottom line, Varrstoen is a fly by night company and you can count on their manufacturing methods being at the bottom of the barrel. Third world manufacturing base, older therefore cheaper casting methods, cheap equipment and underpaid, underskilled workforce, etc. Id be willing to bet on it.

RPF01 all the way. If your having to even ask this question, you better get back to reading before you make any purchase.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Rav3n

LOL. Ok..ok.. I get it. Enkei FTW. Thanks everyone for your 2 cents. Your input is greatly appreciated. Now where can I get some chrome hubcap spinners??
Old 07-07-2010, 07:16 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
There is a HUGE point you are missing here as well:
Enkie never started off making REPLICA wheels or copying any other design. From the beginning, they designed their own wheels.
Thanks for the concern, but the "HUGE point" hasn't been missed, I have not made a hint that enkei made replica wheels or copied any design. Also I am not saying that varrstoen doesnt make a replica design wheel.
I for one prefer the enkei wheels, looking into getting a set of AME TM02 in the future if all goes well.
My input in the end is that the OP should get what he thinks suits him best with all things considered. Not going to tell him hes a **** sucker for getting one over the other.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 AM
PikeZ_350

OP...

Buy what YOU want. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks. Take their advice and opinions...but don't let their opinions be your final decision. I was planning on buying a set of gold Work Meisters, but one day decided that I didn't want to spend several grand on wheels, without tires. Why? Because I knew if I curbed/damaged ONE of those wheels, I'd be beyond ****ing pissed and would have to wait several months for another one to get here from Japan. I also knew that it would take several months for the wheels to get here from overseas. I HAD the money to buy the Works. I'm happy with my Varrstoens, and will not mind shelling out $300-$350 for a rim if I mess one up.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by PikeZ_350
OP...

Buy what YOU want. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks. Take their advice and opinions...but don't let their opinions be your final decision. I was planning on buying a set of gold Work Meisters, but one day decided that I didn't want to spend several grand on wheels, without tires. Why? Because I knew if I curbed/damaged ONE of those wheels, I'd be beyond ****ing pissed and would have to wait several months for another one to get here from Japan. I also knew that it would take several months for the wheels to get here from overseas. I HAD the money to buy the Works. I'm happy with my Varrstoens, and will not mind shelling out $300-$350 for a rim if I mess one up.
they always make excuses......

so you cheaped out and ended up with a wheel that looks nothing like a work meister and you justify by saying it would take too long to receive your wheels and if you drive like a moron and curb one you would be upset.

Good thing you didnt cite any real reasons not to get a replica wheel cause those would surely outweigh the "foolish" reasons not to buy an authentic.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:16 AM
PikeZ_350

Originally Posted by Cux350z
they always make excuses......

so you cheaped out and ended up with a wheel that looks nothing like a work meister and you justify by saying it would take too long to receive your wheels and if you drive like a moron and curb one you would be upset.

Good thing you didnt cite any real reasons not to get a replica wheel cause those would surely outweigh the "foolish" reasons not to buy an authentic.
Haha. Work Meisters and Volk TE37's have always been my top 2 favorite wheels. I love the styling of both. And no, that's not how I'm justifying it you fukking douche. I have OTHER PRIORITIES in my life besides my Z...I couldn't justify spend $2500-$3000 for wheels WITHOUT tires. That was the major concern. I had the money to buy them...that's not the issue. I don't drive like a moron whatsoever. I RARELY even go 10mph over the speed limit. I actually drive very conservative. Who WOULDN'T be upset if something happened to an expensive wheel like the Meister or TE? Seriously...

I was in a hit-and-run on the Interstate on my way to work on May 24th...I was going 75mph and was hit in the rear on the driver side by a truck. The truck pushed/spun me across two lanes off the highway, spun off in the grass/dirt and into a ditch. I had over 6k in damage done to my Z. The wheels did not bend, crack, or even scratch whatsoever. So common logic: If the Varrstoens could handle me sliding/spinning on and off the road at 75mph....they can handle my everyday driving.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:26 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Man GTFO....

I love my Varrstoens. I've put these things to hell already and they've held up great. GET THE VARRSTOENS...
What, exactly, is hell? Heavy-*** cast wheels are typically strong because they are so damn thick. Enjoy those boat anchors at each hub of your car.

Originally Posted by terrasmak
19x10+22 is what they have in RPF1, run that with a 275/30-19 and the same wheel in the rear with a 275/35-19 and a 15mm spacer. You will be all set.
I like those sizes, too. A 265/35/19 also works well in the front OP.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:55 AM
GeauxLadyZ

OP...

I was planning on buying a set of gold Work Meisters, but one day decided that I didn't want to spend several grand on wheels, without tires. Why? Because I knew if I curbed/damaged ONE of those wheels, I'd be beyond ****ing pissed and would have to wait several months for another one to get here from Japan. I also knew that it would take several months for the wheels to get here from overseas. ... and will not mind shelling out $300-$350 for a rim if I mess one up.

Wat?

You do realize there are wheel repair shops out there, right?

A few months back i curbed 1/2 the lip on front driver's Volk pretty bad through a very narrow snake turns drive through.

Took to a known great wheel repair shop in Houston...looks brand new, perfect match to the Volk clear on lip and for only $100.

PS, they charge $100 per wheel no matter the brand. Volk or Varrstoen. I would rethink your reasoning.

Quick Reply: Advice: Varrstoen vs Enkei RPF1