Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Advice: Varrstoen vs Enkei RPF1

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 01:20 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PikeZ_350
Trust me....I can afford them. I work 45-50hrs a week at Teleflex Medical, a GLOBAL medical instrument manufacturer. Here's a link to our website if you still have doubt : http://www.teleflexmedical.com/
You may contact me at jpiper@teleflexmedical.com if you still need further proof. Therefore as I stated earlier.....I can afford legit TE's...that's not a problem. I work hard for my money. Mommy and Daddy don't help me. I'm 19 years old, FT college student (sophomore) and still working full time plus overtime... making more money than 25 year olds I know. My Dad is a manager of a 150,000 sq. ft. distribution center for Teleflex...i will always have work.

So please do not say that I can't afford TE's, and that deep down I REALLY want them....because I don't. You don't know me. For all either one of us know, I could make more money than you do...and I'm sure I'm younger than you

Old 07-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL_Red_G35
A. I wasn't comparing the Work 2 piece quality to the Vars wheels. It was just a readily example of a 26+lbs wheel. I could've used OEM wheels, etc. My point was to say: 26-28lbs wheels are NOT a heavy turds like many others claimed to be so because there are a lot of wheels that weigh the same.
27-28 lbs for a 1 piece wheel is heavy as hell - borderline brick. 27-28 lbs for a multipiece 19" wheel is the norm. Now, to say it doesn't make a difference to you very well may be a more apropriate statement. To say that it isn't heavy for a 1 piece wheel is far different (IMHO)

B. How can people be so sure that the SP1 and the Meisters aren't copies of each other? If the same logic argument that the "later wheels" with similar styles is "fake", then whoever is the later of that game (SP1 I think) is the "fake". Sure, it's a helluva good quality, but still "fake". You can use excuses like there are "some distinctive differences between them if you care to look/know", same reason can be said on the VARS.
You're not expected to know because you're not in the industry and don't get to stare at this stuff all day long. Not a knock on you at all, so don't take it that way. There are differences among them, some more significant than others. Very similar looking? Without a doubt. Similar to Speedlines as well (I forget the model). Same can't be said on the Var's actually - hell the ones I have seen even copied the "forged" and "monoblock" nomenclatures, as well as made in Japan label. No idea if they have a "V 2.0" of the wheel or not (nor do I care to be honest). The fact that even 1 batch of them left to customer hands that way tells me something. Like I said, you may not care - that's cool. Last I checked, neither SSR nor Work ever put out a wheel that said something it wasn't. Var did. That's lame. There is no other adjective to describe, it's just freaking lame. It is very telling that they couldn't give 2 ***** about what they put out there on the market, or what claims their products may make.

Same argument can be said for the SSR SP3. They're the "FAKE" HRE Comp93. That's a more valid example because SSR SP3 cost less than half the price of the HRE Comp93. A EXACT comparison of the VARS and Volk wheels.
SP3's gain a fair amount of concavity to them in the lower offset/pad height sizes, which Comp 93's do not achieve at all. SP3's have a much more pronounced stepped lip as well. Yes, they do look similar though aside from that. Both are similar to Blitz Technospeed Z1's circa mid 90's. AKA, some sizes are more similar looking than others.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok. this turned from one OP asking which one (Varr vs Enkei) to get, which was a good topic, which now has turned slightly OT w/ another Real vs Replica wheel debate. (and SSR vs Work wheels.. really?)

thank you for participating.

hopefully now there isn't an influx of Spam on that guy's work address.. i dunno if that was done to prove that they were a gainfully employed person, but whatevers.. i'm locking this.

please start a new thread if you want to discuss something else...

Last edited by Chebosto; 07-12-2010 at 03:24 PM.