Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Advice: Varrstoen vs Enkei RPF1

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 AM
PikeZ_350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Those are factory wheels... theyre supposed to be cost effective guy thats why cars dont come with TE37's, Meister's, LM's or any high end wheel so why compare apples to oranges? I believe Nismo wheels are 18/19's not tourning wheels and why compare a stock wheel to an aftermarket peice? Its really simple... dont read too much into this. He can afford both wheels... do you want wheels that are lighter, stronger, and readily avaliable or do you want an inferior wheel only b/c of the style? I mean cmon man... You can paint a peice of $hit gold... but its still a golden peice of $hit.
I could have bought legit TE37's, but instead bought the "infamous" Varrstoens. I don't track my car....so I don't give a **** that they weight 7+/- pounds heavier per wheel. How are Varrstoens not readily available? All the hate on Varrstoens makes me that much happier that I got them
Old 07-12-2010, 06:36 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 07-12-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:42 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by PikeZ_350
I could have bought legit TE37's, but instead bought the "infamous" Varrstoens. I don't track my car....so I don't give a **** that they weight 7+/- pounds heavier per wheel. How are Varrstoens not readily available? All the hate on Varrstoens makes me that much happier that I got them
Oh your cool... thats like being a gold medalist in the special olympics. I dont track my car so I guess I shouldve gotten Linea Corsas or Chikira LS1's instead of real BBS LM's... what was I thinking
Old 07-12-2010, 07:58 AM
ATL_Red_G35

FYI, those who call the Replica wheels shitty heavy turd, the Work 2 piece cast wheels weigh about the same

:P

Oh, what I don't guess is why people keep saying fake wheels?

They're replica, not fake. Definitions aren't the same.

If you deemed these fake, SSR makes fake wheels too. So are Work. lol at band nutswingers.

Last edited by ATL_Red_G35; 07-12-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:07 AM
PikeZ_350

Originally Posted by ATL_Red_G35
FYI, those who call the Replica wheels shitty heavy turd, the Work 2 piece cast wheels weigh about the same

:P

Oh, what I don't guess is why people keep saying fake wheels?

They're replica, not fake. Definitions aren't the same.

If you deemed these fake, SSR makes fake wheels too. So are Work. lol at band nutswingers.
THANK YOU!!!!!!

Ok gaiz....lets compare the SSR Professor SP1 and the Work Meister....

WHO COPIED WHO?!? This must mean that either SSR or Work's are OMGZ...REPLICAS!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 979 Likes on 742 Posts

Its sad that it has become more popular to run cheap wheels than to run a nice clean setup.

Deep down every var/rota owner wished they owned the Volk wheels they have a knockoff of. They will even say they could have bought the real deal that they just didnt (even the guy in this thread said it. Then he aid he had family priorities ect = not being able to actually afford it)

There are just too many rota/var owners and they are the ones that love to go to meets and show off to the others how tite/pimp their whips are.

I originally bought Axis wheels cause they looked good and were priced right. Deep down I liked them but wished I had Volks. I later sold them and bought a set of 18" volks that I "settled" on. I liked my new wheels, they were clean, shiny and volks but yet again not what I truly wanted. When the opportunity knocked I bought the wheels I really wanted....GT-S and I have been happy ever since.

Are volks the end all be all wheel? No. But they are nice and I trust them to perform. They are not the lightest wheels out there but they are strong and I trust the manufacturing process.

I just cannot trust buying a set of wheels for under 1k...having them shipped from the Philippines to CA and then shipped to my house all while every person who touched them made a profit and with all the other cost considered.....that would leave like $100 a wheel to manufacture them...no thanks.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any semantical distinction between replica and fake is just that. If it makes you feel better to draw a distinction, rock on. I think most would concur that in this context, they are synonyms

As for the Work 2 piece cast wheels being just as heavy. Not for nothing, but no ****. A 2 piece wheel is heavier than a 1 piece wheel 9.5 times out of 10, assuming the same size/design. No revelation there IMHO.

It really has nothing to do with swinging nuts. People want what they want & they find their own justifications for the choices they make. Sometimes it's to gain acceptance from whomever their audience may be. That is human nature. Those who truly don't care what others think wouldn't air a justification one way or the other. They would just make their choice and leave the rational between their 2 ears. I personally could not care less about what someone else chooses to put on their car. I care even less about what someone else thinks about what I choose to put on my car. I have my own goals with my car, and don't seek persmission or approval from others through my vehicle. It ain't that serious to me. It may be the way I earn a living, but ultimately my car is what it is because it is what I wanted. It isn't what others wanted, it is simply what I wanted.

SSR SP1 and Work Meisters are not copies of one another...there are actually some distinctive differences between them if you care to look/know. Do they look similar? Absolutely....very. But there are stylistic and design differences between them. Both Those differences may not be apparant to you, or may not matter, but it doesn't change the fact that they exist.

If it made you feel better to by the Varo's, then by all means, enjoy your wheels. The only people who are going to care/agree for/with whatever your justification for purchasing them vs buying the Volks are those who have made the same choice. So you're sorta preaching to the converted. In much the same way that those who want the genuine article, and who would never consider the Varo's, are set in their mode of thinking.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 07-12-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:17 AM
itSs.bObO

If ur car is clean and nice..not making looks rice then any decent rims be good to go...
Old 07-12-2010, 09:18 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Any semantical distinction between replica and fake is just that. If it makes you feel better to draw a distinction, rock on. I think most would concur that in this context, they are synonyms

As for the Work 2 piece cast wheels being just as heavy. Not for nothing, but no ****. A 2 piece wheel is heavier than a 1 piece wheel 9.5 times out of 10, assuming the same size/design. No revelation there IMHO.

It really has nothing to do with swinging nuts. People want what they want & they find their own justifications for the choices they make. Sometimes it's to gain acceptance from whomever their audience may be. That is human nature. Those who truly don't care what others think wouldn't air a justification one way or the other. They would just make their choice and leave the rational between their 2 ears. I personally could not care less about what someone else chooses to put on their car. I care even less about what someone else thinks about what I choose to put on my car. I have my own goals with my car, and don't seek persmission or approval from others through my vehicle. It ain't that serious to me. It may be the way I earn a living, but ultimately my car is what it is because it is what I wanted. It isn't what others wanted, it is simply what I wanted.

SSR SP1 and Work Meisters are not copies of one another...there are actually some distinctive differences between them if you care to look/know. Do they look similar? Absolutely....very. But there are stylistic and design differences between them. Both Those differences may not be apparant to you, or may not matter, but it doesn't change the fact that they exist.

If it made you feel better to by the Varo's, then by all means, enjoy your wheels. The only people who are going to care/agree for/with whatever your justification for purchasing them vs buying the Volks are those who have made the same choice. So you're sorta preaching to the converted. In much the same way that those who want the genuine article, and who would never consider the Varo's, are set in their mode of thinking.
^Werd.

Great post there.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:20 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by Cux350z
I originally bought Axis wheels cause they looked good and were priced right. Deep down I liked them but wished I had Volks. When the opportunity knocked I bought the wheels I really wanted....GT-S and I have been happy ever since.
My EXACT same story. Had Axis Hiros now have GTS.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I get so aggravated with these guys who get fu(king all butt hurt when you diss a sub par wheel. I can afford any track wheel I want... I bought RPF1's, does that make me a cheap ***???!!!! No and I'm not ashamed to say it either.. You couldnt afford TE37's are you less of a man... NO! Your an idiot if you argue the fact that the Varros are comparable to TE37s. I mean someone should stone you for such stupidity... SSR races in the Japanese Grand Championship race series, Yes they make SP1's but guess what... theyre avaliable multi peice you morons! They dont base theyre whole line on knock off less quality wheels as Varro does. You can pick up a used set of TE37s all scratched up and have them refinished.. theyll still wont be far off in price for a new set of Varro's. The point is very simple.. Enkei RPF1's are BETTER than Varros, Yes Varro's make an ideal offset... whoopi-Fu(Kin-doo, he can afford both.. GET THE DAMNED ENKEIS!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:17 AM
ATL_Red_G35

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
I get so aggravated with these guys who get fu(king all butt hurt when you diss a sub par wheel. I can afford any track wheel I want... I bought RPF1's, does that make me a cheap ***???!!!! No and I'm not ashamed to say it either.. You couldnt afford TE37's are you less of a man... NO! Your an idiot if you argue the fact that the Varros are comparable to TE37s. I mean someone should stone you for such stupidity... SSR races in the Japanese Grand Championship race series, Yes they make SP1's but guess what... theyre avaliable multi peice you morons! They dont base theyre whole line on knock off less quality wheels as Varro does. You can pick up a used set of TE37s all scratched up and have them refinished.. theyll still wont be far off in price for a new set of Varro's. The point is very simple.. Enkei RPF1's are BETTER than Varros, Yes Varro's make an ideal offset... whoopi-Fu(Kin-doo, he can afford both.. GET THE DAMNED ENKEIS!

A. I wasn't comparing the Work 2 piece quality to the Vars wheels. It was just a readily example of a 26+lbs wheel. I could've used OEM wheels, etc. My point was to say: 26-28lbs wheels are NOT a heavy turds like many others claimed to be so because there are a lot of wheels that weigh the same.

B. How can people be so sure that the SP1 and the Meisters aren't copies of each other? If the same logic argument that the "later wheels" with similar styles is "fake", then whoever is the later of that game (SP1 I think) is the "fake". Sure, it's a helluva good quality, but still "fake". You can use excuses like there are "some distinctive differences between them if you care to look/know", same reason can be said on the VARS.

Same argument can be said for the SSR SP3. They're the "FAKE" HRE Comp93. That's a more valid example because SSR SP3 cost less than half the price of the HRE Comp93. A EXACT comparison of the VARS and Volk wheels.

There, hence my argument is that you CANNOT simply call a wheel FAKE because it's a similar style or replica of the others.

If you deem the VARS wheels as FAKE, then don't get butt hurted if people call your SSR SP1 or SSR PS3 fake as well.

Do I own any of the VARS wheels? No (at least not yet).

I've had Racing Hart, Maya, Volk, Work, and now currently owning a set of Vellano VSU which can buy 2 sets of any Volk wheels.

Money was never my problem to concern with. I just buy the wheels I like with my own reasoning.

However, my whole argument was just to be fair and not just "brand converted" to blindly make unfair and unjust calls to other wheel brands like I see in this thread.

Last edited by ATL_Red_G35; 07-12-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:21 AM
PikeZ_350

Originally Posted by Cux350z
Its sad that it has become more popular to run cheap wheels than to run a nice clean setup.

Deep down every var/rota owner wished they owned the Volk wheels they have a knockoff of. They will even say they could have bought the real deal that they just didnt (even the guy in this thread said it. Then he aid he had family priorities ect = not being able to actually afford it)

There are just too many rota/var owners and they are the ones that love to go to meets and show off to the others how tite/pimp their whips are.

I originally bought Axis wheels cause they looked good and were priced right. Deep down I liked them but wished I had Volks. I later sold them and bought a set of 18" volks that I "settled" on. I liked my new wheels, they were clean, shiny and volks but yet again not what I truly wanted. When the opportunity knocked I bought the wheels I really wanted....GT-S and I have been happy ever since.

Are volks the end all be all wheel? No. But they are nice and I trust them to perform. They are not the lightest wheels out there but they are strong and I trust the manufacturing process.

I just cannot trust buying a set of wheels for under 1k...having them shipped from the Philippines to CA and then shipped to my house all while every person who touched them made a profit and with all the other cost considered.....that would leave like $100 a wheel to manufacture them...no thanks.
Trust me....I can afford them. I work 45-50hrs a week at Teleflex Medical, a GLOBAL medical instrument manufacturer. Here's a link to our website if you still have doubt : http://www.teleflexmedical.com/
You may contact me at jpiper@teleflexmedical.com if you still need further proof. Therefore as I stated earlier.....I can afford legit TE's...that's not a problem. I work hard for my money. Mommy and Daddy don't help me. I'm 19 years old, FT college student (sophomore) and still working full time plus overtime... making more money than 25 year olds I know. My Dad is a manager of a 150,000 sq. ft. distribution center for Teleflex...i will always have work.

So please do not say that I can't afford TE's, and that deep down I REALLY want them....because I don't. You don't know me. For all either one of us know, I could make more money than you do...and I'm sure I'm younger than you
Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 AM
ATL_Red_G35

Trust me....I can afford them. I work 45-50hrs a week at Teleflex Medical, a GLOBAL medical instrument manufacturer. Here's a link to our website if you still have doubt : http://www.teleflexmedical.com/
You may contact me at jpiper@teleflexmedical.com if you still need further proof. Therefore as I stated earlier.....I can afford legit TE's...that's not a problem. I work hard for my money. Mommy and Daddy don't help me. I'm 19 years old, FT college student (sophomore) and still working full time plus overtime... making more money than 25 year olds I know. My Dad is a manager of a 150,000 sq. ft. distribution center for Teleflex...i will always have work.

So please do not say that I can't afford TE's, and that deep down I REALLY want them....because I don't. You don't know me. For all either one of us know, I could make more money than you do...and I'm sure I'm younger than you

Don't need to prove anything dude. There are open minded people and there aren't.

I don't diss people with replica wheels thinking I'm better because I have wheels and BBK that cost $16K all together. I don't judge the books by their covers.

I've seen bunch of show-offs with expensive wheels that's still making payments on them. lol.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:38 AM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

I work 45-50hrs a week at Teleflex Medical
Mommy and Daddy don't help me.
My Dad is a manager of a 150,000 sq. ft. distribution center for Teleflex...i will always have work.
Kind of contradicted yourself there
Old 07-12-2010, 11:08 AM
PikeZ_350

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
Kind of contradicted yourself there
Absolutely not. My Dad is the manager of the distribution center....I work at a different facility two miles down the road. I see my Dad MAYBE 30 minutes a week..that's on & off the clock. What I meant by Mommy and Daddy helping me was that they do not give me A PENNY for any of my mods or my car.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:10 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL_Red_G35
Don't need to prove anything dude. There are open minded people and there aren't.

I don't diss people with replica wheels thinking I'm better because I have wheels and BBK that cost $16K all together. I don't judge the books by their covers.

I've seen bunch of show-offs with expensive wheels that's still making payments on them. lol.
Your wheels and brakes cost $16,000?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 AM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

Ooooh gotcha. When do we get to see a non-teaser picture of your car?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:22 AM
PikeZ_350

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
Ooooh gotcha. When do we get to see a non-teaser picture of your car?
After a couple parts come in on Wednesday.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 979 Likes on 742 Posts

So lets sum this up:

you pay your own rent or mortgage? live at home?
you pay for your own college?
you work 40-50hrs a week while going to college?
your dad had 0 help in getting you your job?
you pay for food, insurance, healthcare ect 100%, parents do not pay a thing?
you paid for your car?
community college? major?

Its not all about the money junior.

I believe there is a thread for you on here...something about 17 yr olds?

Rock whatever wheel you want. I don't care if you end up stranded with a bent/cracked wheel. I really don't.

Quick Reply: Advice: Varrstoen vs Enkei RPF1