Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

fender roll

Old 05-31-2017, 04:40 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by carbuffguy
Finally... really busy right now and had some wheel stud and brake issues to tend to first. But anyway for those interested in tire/wheel fitment...

Enkei GTC01 10" x 18" 22mm offset - front and back
Bridgestone RE71r 275/35 18 square
S-Tune suspension
No fender roll
No wheel spacers
No rubbing
-2 camber front - w/Z1 FUCAs
-1.7 camber rear (OEM -no after market camber arms or toe bolts)

*For comparison I will post pictures w/19" wheels on when I get them back on
So, howz it feel to have the least attention getting car in the place? Hahaha. Trust me, I know that feeling personally.... big shot in my own environment, everywhere else, "Excuse me, sir, but who do you think you are coming in here? Who did you steal those creds from!?"

But ya, thanks for the tour and enjoy them new tahrs!
Old 05-31-2017, 03:35 PM
carbuffguy

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

ah shucks Mic, sympathy for me See, you truly are "gentleman Mic"

And btw, I now have 2 pages of posts - my personal best! haha

I blame Spike100, he should be all over this, after egging me on.

Anyway, maybe it will answer some fitment questions for someone and stop at least one fitment question.

Last edited by carbuffguy; 05-31-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:43 PM
carbuffguy

Originally Posted by MicVelo
So, howz it feel to have the least attention getting car in the place? Hahaha. Trust me, I know that feeling personally.... big shot in my own environment, everywhere else, "Excuse me, sir, but who do you think you are coming in here? Who did you steal those creds from!?"

But ya, thanks for the tour and enjoy them new tahrs!
Well, they liked my tires
Old 05-31-2017, 04:12 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

And YES... It will help people evaluating fitment.

ah shucks Mic, sympathy for me See, you truly are "gentleman Mic"

And btw, I now have 2 pages of posts - my personal best! haha

I blame Spike100, he should be all over this, after egging me on.

Anyway, maybe it will answer some fitment questions for someone and stop at least one fitment question.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:23 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Spike100
And YES... It will help people evaluating fitment.
I agree.

IF they bother to read and not look for a spoon with a hand attached.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:38 AM
carbuffguy

I agree.

IF they bother to read and not look for a spoon with a hand attached.
Well, I did my share of bugging for fitment

It is tough when you cant try them on like a pair or shoes and of course it's a fair bit of coin, so I can relate to some apprehension.

Instead of being a ******, I should be thanking the guys who helped me.

Dkmura, Mic, Spike100, terrasmak, 03threefiftyz
The following users liked this post:
Spike100 (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 07:27 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Well, I did my share of bugging for fitment

It is tough when you cant try them on like a pair or shoes and of course it's a fair bit of coin, so I can relate to some apprehension.

Instead of being a ******, I should be thanking the guys who helped me.

Dkmura, Mic, Spike100, terrasmak, 03threefiftyz
Don't get me wrong, Mike, I realize that I am as much of a rookie in other of life's endeavors, hobbies or what not; and I have absolutely NO issue in sharing my experiences with anything that I have at least something positive to contribute. (I get more PMs asking about tire/wheel fitment on a weekly basis than I get eMails from my best friends!! And I'm MORE than happy to lend a hand. I like to think so anyways.)

However, with all of the vast resources of information at one's fingertips, you can always tell when someone has done absolutely ZERO research.... not even a simple google search or a fitment check using a web tool. Can anyone remember the days before the web? Hours and hours of research, talking to people, sometimes putting trust in unvetted sources, etc? I sure do.

Tires/wheels ARE a big investment and I can certainly relate to the trepidation one feels laying out hard earned greenbacks for stuff that might not be the perfect fit.

But really, a quick picture search and 10 minutes of reading leads to a LOT of information about such things (any thing, be it Z or unrelated); then when someone shows up and says, "Hey, got me a 350Z, I want to mod it, what's the best < fill in the blank >?" without so much as a reading of a FAQ, well, that's just L-A-Z-Y.

EDIT: I rest my case.... https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...re-tuning.html Not two hours after I penned the above....

Last edited by MicVelo; 06-01-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Mic, You describe exactly why this site (my350z.com) and Moderators like you (MicVelo) are so valuable by providing so much information.

If someone wants to go past "stock," this is where they need to be reading.

The search features on my350z.com are significantly improved during the last 18 months.

Don't get me wrong, Mike, I realize that I am as much of a rookie in other of life's endeavors, hobbies or what not; and I have absolutely NO issue in sharing my experiences with anything that I have at least something positive to contribute. (I get more PMs asking about tire/wheel fitment on a weekly basis than I get eMails from my best friends!! And I'm MORE than happy to lend a hand. I like to think so anyways.)

However, with all of the vast resources of information at one's fingertips, you can always tell when someone has done absolutely ZERO research.... not even a simple google search or a fitment check using a web tool. Can anyone remember the days before the web? Hours and hours of research, talking to people, sometimes putting trust in unvetted sources, etc? I sure do.

Tires/wheels ARE a big investment and I can certainly relate to the trepidation one feels laying out hard earned greenbacks for stuff that might not be the perfect fit.

But really, a quick picture search and 10 minutes of reading leads to a LOT of information about such things (any thing, be it Z or unrelated); then when someone shows up and says, "Hey, got me a 350Z, I want to mod it, what's the best < fill in the blank >?" without so much as a reading of a FAQ, well, that's just L-A-Z-Y.

EDIT: I rest my case.... https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...re-tuning.html Not two hours after I penned the above....

Last edited by Spike100; 06-01-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:38 PM
carbuffguy

haha as always, timing is everything!

i will say though, during my epic tire/wheel investigation, I was frustrated with the large amount of contradictory info and at some point you don't know who to believe...so i looked up people who consistently posted reliable info. I think by posting intelligent info you and others have made yourself a target (you can end all that very easily). You know I'm not new to the car world, but some Z specific info is required and for that I'm very happy I found this site and made some cyber buds.

Now about that top secret breather mod that can net me 35 whp?...
Old 06-01-2017, 08:12 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Now about that top secret breather mod that can net me 35 whp?...
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I told you I would tell you about that in PM!! Right there along with the radio gearing secrets and headlamp oil friction modifiers that allow for 195.6mph speeds. But now you let the cat out da bag and the dogs will be inundating my box!! Dammit.

Search this Thread