Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Rim opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 06:40 AM
Npipezz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rim opinions

Looking for a new set of rims for under 1000. Having a hard time finding something I like for under that price, any recommendations? Also what offset should I go with?
2003 touring 6 speed
Old 04-30-2017, 06:46 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Not getting a quality set of wheels for that price. I'd suggest looking for a used set of OEM Rays for the best value.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:57 AM
rearranged

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Wheels
The following 2 users liked this post by rearranged:
Get Your Wheels (05-03-2017), MicVelo (05-02-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 01:23 PM
Bak3rme

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

no good rimz under 1k. but i'm sure you can plasti-dip urs to create a cooler look

Old 04-30-2017, 08:40 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

I would save a little bit more money, nice wheels really start at a bit more. Like $1200 can get something ok
Old 05-01-2017, 05:29 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,062 Likes on 750 Posts

With that budget, stalk the classifieds and maybe you'll find something you like.

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-tires-369/
Old 05-01-2017, 05:34 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

sub 1k wheels... his next thread will be... "haaaaaalp, i bent a rim when i hit a pot hole"
Old 05-01-2017, 06:03 AM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

FALSE!!!!!
His next post will be, "bro, I just got these twinnies from car ID. What offset should the be?". Then, he'll follow that up with "what size tires should I get to be flush?". That will be followed by the ever popular "How much should I lower my car/lowering options for 350Z" with the sub-thread of "I can't lower my car that much because I live in an area where nobody can lower their car". Then, there will be a lot of "your car won't be efficient and track things" comments.

It should be a good time.
The following users liked this post:
travlee (05-01-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 06:54 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,062 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by driftsucky
FALSE!!!!!
His next post will be, "bro, I just got these twinnies from car ID. What offset should the be?". Then, he'll follow that up with "what size tires should I get to be flush?". That will be followed by the ever popular "How much should I lower my car/lowering options for 350Z" with the sub-thread of "I can't lower my car that much because I live in an area where nobody can lower their car". Then, there will be a lot of "your car won't be efficient and track things" comments.

It should be a good time.
Don't forget about the obligatory "what mods should I do to make 400hp? not trying to boost or go FI. just looking for bolt-ons under $500."
driftsucky (05-03-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 04:58 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by Npipezz
Looking for a new set of rims for under 1000. Having a hard time finding something I like for under that price, any recommendations? Also what offset should I go with?
2003 touring 6 speed
Despite what all have said, there are some decent quality wheels under a grand. They may not be forged nor as lightweight as an RPF1 or other big name forged wheels; but better than, say, a 24.5# OEM wheel (which the Touring wheels are).

Check out Enkei wheels in the Tuning lineup:

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resu...oModClar=Coupe

The wheels in the Tuning line are all in the low 20lb range and they are all (I'm pretty sure the whole lineup) made using Enkei's MAT process so they should be sufficiently strong for anything but the most demanding track/rally type conditions.

Other option is to keep it all Nissan....

Track V.1 wheels are the best here (but aren't that wide at 8 front, 8.5 rear) but they are super strong (forged) and they're very light at a hair over 18lbs each. Awesome wheels if you don't mind limiting your tire sizes to just over stock.

Track V.1/Grand Touring wheels from later Z33. Same dimensions as Nismo V3 so I'll include that in this section. Also very strong, front wheel is pretty light, rear not so much but they work well. These will fit a good amount of rubber on them as they are sized 18x9F & 19x10R (yes, double staggered). Prices on these have come down a fair amount and while going price seems to be around $1500 (some with tires), I've seen a few sets for right around $1000 of late.

Have fun!
Old 05-03-2017, 08:33 AM
Npipezz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I expected people would be dicks lol. It was a simple question, I didn't need a sarcastic response. If I had other questions I would've asked.. I just wanted opinions. I slowly realized this forum is a joke and people really have no use for it. If you want this community to be known for snotty remarks and dick heads then that's fine lol
Old 05-03-2017, 08:36 AM
travlee
Master

As I expected people would be dicks lol. It was a simple question, I didn't need a sarcastic response. If I had other questions I would've asked.. I just wanted opinions. I slowly realized this forum is a joke and people really have no use for it. If you want this community to be known for snotty remarks and dick heads then that's fine lol
someone needs thicker skin

Rim opinions-9l2gdwa.jpg
Bak3rme (05-04-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 10:45 AM
shaq77fan

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I haven't been on here long and pretty much keep to myself. When I have a question I usually go straight to a certain member...lol..thanks Mic for the strong advice all the time. Anyways, lately a lot of newbies have been bad mouthing this forum, IE dicks, *********, ********, you know the rest. The problem is not necessarily aimed at the noob personally. I think members that have been on here a long time are sick of the double posts, a question that has been answered 35 times in the last 5 years, or for someone to choose for them "what color do I paint my Z", "what kind of wheels should I buy?", "how low should I lower my Z?"...how do members know? Everyone is different and has different opinions. Bottom line, your car, your choice. I have a guy in my area that had a really good looking Z, he has since replaced the suspension (lifted) and has huge sand tires on it that he takes out to the dunes (pictures available upon request)...do I like it, not really, but it is his. Don't take things so personally. When asking a question, think about all the possible answers you will receive, good and bad. A lot of members here know their **** and know it well. These cars have been around for so long that there isn't much left to discuss. I appreciate all the help I have gotten...my Z is still a work in progress with help from this forum of course, but I search before I ask. Resume your day. Thank you.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:49 AM
travlee
Master

18x9.5 +15 all around.... or 18x9.5+15 front 18x10.5 +20s in rear.... but that will prob be out of your 1k budget. there, all you get from me

Old 05-03-2017, 11:24 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I take a bit of umbrage for the lumping together of good and "evil". (Y'all know who you is. Hahahaha!) There are good recommendations here (as well as a few "oh snaps") in this thread and yet, you get all jacked up about the "snidery" that inevitably creeps into damn near every thread. And I'm not talking about just here on this forum. It's EVERYWHERE. Welcome to the web, pal.

If you were expecting the snide remarks and then get butthurt from them, don't even bother posting or reading ANY forum. Seriously. (And people that know me here and on other forums know that it takes a fair amount to get under my skin.) It's insinuations you make that give me cause to ask myself, "Why do I bother?" But then I remember all the people here I call friends and appreciate those that share their experience.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:28 PM
tampa_joey

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

and frankly- my 2 cents- wheels for your car are a very personal thing- if i was in the market for wheels/information- instead of asking a broad question such as what can i get cheap, and what offset, instead- ask - what brands should i avoid that are cheap ?

my experience in getting the "new" set of wheels i got to replace the 7-spoke 17 inch OEM wheels, involved a lot of internal debate-
7 spoke vs 6 vs 5?
stay 17 go 18 or do the 19s?
stay stock silver metal color or go black or black with colored accents?
things that finally affected my final decision-
color of my car and its accents,
the fact that i wanted to add a BBK
i wanted lighter and yet reliable wheels
and yet- i did not want to go too crazy in the "looks" department as i don't want folks to look at the car and assume i'm a bobble headed fast n furious bro'.
and most of all i wanted - cheap.

and so- after much agonizing (lol-reading) over many many posts, pictures of wheels online and so on-
i happened across a great deal on 18 inch V1 Rays Track wheels from someone on this site- 700 for set of 4 in damn decent condition.
and those allowed me to install the BBK that i bought before i bought the wheels-lol- nothing like putting the brakes before the wheels...
so yeah- i agree with the old war horses here- you should have expected a lil snark for such an open ended question with nothing for anyone to begin to guess what you were looking for other than cheap.

and because i am so pleased with my new (old) wheels and brakes- i will post the mandatory ego shot of them and my car

ps- i hope you were just having a grouchy day and that you find a set of wheels that will make you happy and do what you are looking for out of them
Old 05-03-2017, 02:37 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by tampa_joey
and because i am so pleased with my new (old) wheels and brakes- i will post the mandatory ego shot of them and my car
Oh damm, NOW I find out everybody can see my big head through all the pics I post. Why didn't anyone tell me that before, hunh?!?!? Waaaaaaaaahhh waaahhhhhhhhh waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

tampa_joey (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 02:49 PM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Oooooooooooooh, we ho'in outchea now?

I didn't spend over a grand on ANY of those wheels....wellllll...the middle set was...wait...actually..no..cuz in the middle the front and rear are actually different and neither set cost over 900. The last set are obviously different but I bought them as 2 pairs.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:48 AM
VenomGT9

Received 90 Likes on 68 Posts

all fugly