Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

cost for lowering

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004 | 12:00 PM
kzshin

Default cost for lowering

How much you guys usually get charge for lower your Z??????
People told me that to lower Z is actually more expensive than other cars, such as Integra, eclipse, prelude...etc. because it takes more time to take some parts out before the spring and shock can be reached. Is this true??????
Old 04-25-2004 | 02:58 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict
Premier Member

This is an easy mod to do. Shouldn't take a shop more then an hour.
Old 04-25-2004 | 10:31 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

realy? no more then an hour?

we charge $300 for install of springs or a basic coil over set up including alignment...
Old 04-25-2004 | 10:47 PM
hndumafia

Jason- what part of the warranty would I have to worry about not being covered if i changed the springs.

Rajiv (knows nothing about the warranty so i'm sorry if it's a dumb question )
Old 04-25-2004 | 11:54 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

If you change your springs... dont expect them to cover your shocks if they fail (which they willl sooner with springs, you will get about 15000 less then you would out of the stock shocks... (im on 38000 on my stock shocks.. 12000 of them on eibachs)...

if you have a "pulling to the right" issue they will not give you free alignment...

but .. if you ask me.. putting any kind of spring except OEM on the Z get rid of pulling to the right and feathering
Old 04-26-2004 | 12:12 AM
Jsn350Z

220 shipped for the springs, 125 for install at gruppe S which was one of the better prices I found. 125 bucks and took them 1.5 hours.

So Eibach springs + install = $345.00

Some of the other springs are cheaper.
Old 04-26-2004 | 02:44 AM
hndumafia

How hard is the actual install of springs say on a scale of 1 to 10? Though ive never done much work on cars (except audio) I'm decently inclined mechanically and have a couple friends who are as well and could help out, so if i were to change my springs I'd want to do it myself. I figure this would save a bundle from doing it myself instead of paying someone else. plus i know i did the work on my car and didn't cut any corners. but how difficult is it to do? i wouldn't want to take on a project that is too difficult as a starting point with working on cars.
Old 04-26-2004 | 04:10 PM
heckyl

Hey Jason, did I read this right?

but .. if you ask me.. putting any kind of spring except OEM on the Z get rid of pulling to the right and feathering

You mean different springs ( and a good alignment ) will fix this annoying feathering issue?
Old 04-26-2004 | 04:24 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by hndumafia
How hard is the actual install of springs say on a scale of 1 to 10? Though ive never done much work on cars (except audio) I'm decently inclined mechanically and have a couple friends who are as well and could help out, so if i were to change my springs I'd want to do it myself. I figure this would save a bundle from doing it myself instead of paying someone else. plus i know i did the work on my car and didn't cut any corners. but how difficult is it to do? i wouldn't want to take on a project that is too difficult as a starting point with working on cars.
I'd give yourself about 2.5- 3hours to do this. From pulling the car in to driving it away. I did mine this weekend. Difficulty, I'd say 3-4 if you have never done it before. The Z uses a very different set up from any other nissan I have done springs on (Mainly FWD Nissans). Make sure you have a breaker bar with a 17 mm socket. This saved my @ss several times this weekend. (Me and a buddy lowered my Z, his 3.5 Altima, and his Maxima this weekend). Also a torque wrench is not a bad investment. Air tools are a godsend if you have them. At least 1 set of jack stands. The rears are EXTREMELY easy to do. The fronts will take you a little while. Make sure everything is lined up when re-installing (ie: if it says out, it needs to face out) Patience is the key here. its better to take some extra time and have a friend check EVERYTHING you do than to have some fail while your on the road.