Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my roadster build

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 06:54 PM
MyLilZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my roadster build

The things I have gotten so far,Ill post more later had every thing typed out an hit the close button before I hit the post button
Attached Thumbnails my roadster build-img_0269.jpg   my roadster build-img_0268.jpg   my roadster build-img_0267.jpg   my roadster build-img_0264.jpg   my roadster build-img_0263.jpg  

my roadster build-img_0262.jpg   my roadster build-img_0256.jpg   my roadster build-img_0257.jpg   my roadster build-img_0258.jpg  
Old 10-05-2014, 02:06 AM
miloz31

Looks like a nice build What kind of powa are you expecting to put down?
Old 10-05-2014, 04:34 AM
MyLilZ

Well some of the things that aren't in the pics are the UPREV tuner, B&M shifter,fluidampr ,anodized pulleys.The paint should be arriving on Tuesday it's from the House of Kolor.Im going to do a black over blue two tone.
A short list of some of the things I'm planning on getting .
For the motor: J&E pistons ,Eagle rods,rev up oil pump,timing chain,Arp studs,kind of going back and forth on what head gaskets to get OE or cosworth,looking for suggestions on what fuel injectors to get?it will have a return fuel system.
turbo: I need to get the other side tank for the cooler for the twin set up,Tail 50mm Bov,all the pieces for the tubing ,header wrap and a UP REV maf senior .
drive line : Competition light weight flywheel ,doing research on what clutch to run,It is a 6 speed ,not really plaining on doing anything to the rear end ,full white line bushing kit,upgrade the brakes .
As for the interior just your normal gage setup,I have the black leather seats now. I also need a new top it has a rip on the pass side rear window
Plaining to build it for 600 rwhp but hope to be in the 475-525 range.Im open to any in put on thing that I have done or should change.95 % of the work will be done by me !bordering the block at work, making the oil pan and plume spacer. The only things I can't do are balance the rod/ crank assembly ,align hone the mains and the cylinders but that is cheap.
I'm sure that I will get flamed by a few of the members ,so in the end just remember it's my car not yours
Old 10-05-2014, 12:42 PM
FairladyBlue

looking forward to the progress updates..
Old 10-05-2014, 05:39 PM
adamgfn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is going to be epic.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Callmetony

are you going to be able to fit the new cooler behind your stock front bumper? If not I'll buy the bumper off you to help make up for some of the money you're dropping into this
Old 10-06-2014, 11:58 AM
TheMagicPuffin

No flaming here! Looks like this is going to be a really nice build! I hope everything turns out well! Good luck!
Old 10-07-2014, 03:47 PM
MyLilZ

Originally Posted by Callmetony
are you going to be able to fit the new cooler behind your stock front bumper? If not I'll buy the bumper off you to help make up for some of the money you're dropping into this
give me a week or two to do some trial fitting of a few things ,it's yours if I don't like the way things fit shoot me any offer
Old 10-07-2014, 04:12 PM
MyLilZ

So I didn't get a ton done in the last two day but :
Fixed the one rust spot in the rear quarter ,not to bad for a car 10 years old in Michigan.
Welded the hole for the antenna in ,going to relocate it.
Front chin lip came in Monday spent about 2 hours getting it to fit the way I wanted it to.Used a heat gun and about 6 different welding clamps and a gallon or 2 of ice water to get the curve to fit right. Then my mind kind of got away from me.I need your guys opinion on 3 things.
1: I'm thinking of filling in the pocket on top of the nose piece ?
2: thinking about filling in the pockets on the side of the front fenders and taking the 350z emblems and having them hydro dipped in fake carbon fiber and putting then just above the old Z symbol?
3n the front nose piece taking out the orange reflector's and opening up the holes about 3/4 of an inch and getting some screen to cover the holes. and putting the oil cooler behind the passenger side and the power steering cooler behind the driver side.I should be able to heat it up enough and bet them in to make a little bit of a air duct.I don't drive in stop in-go traffic much if at all with this car,less than 40 miles a week.
Oh and my paint came today
Attached Thumbnails my roadster build-img_0278.jpg   my roadster build-img_0277.jpg   my roadster build-img_0276.jpg   my roadster build-img_0275.jpg   my roadster build-img_0274.jpg  

my roadster build-img_0273.jpg   my roadster build-img_0272.jpg  
Old 10-12-2014, 12:23 PM
MyLilZ

Got the hood,fenders tail section and side skirts primed and sealed this week.Waiting on the add on side skirt wings and the rear spoiler.Hopefully the weather will corporate this week and I can get it painted before others to cold ,its been in the mid/low 50,s all week to cold to paint,cant get a good flow out.Spent most of Saturday mixing paint to get the color blue I like might add a touch more green .For the couple of members that were interested Thanks
Old 10-13-2014, 10:32 PM
HigherPrimate35

MyLilZ
Just a thought,

I also have a roadster 2005 I been wondering if I could make it really stable by deleting the rag top completely and adding a roll bar this would also delete the convertible mechanics and hopefully shread some weight that could be used to help the roadster feel better on the curves. I am looking at some hardtop options to add on to hide the roll bars but it would be removable. Any thoughts on this idea. Of course this is a rough description just thought about this while reading this post.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:23 PM
MyLilZ

Originally Posted by HigherPrimate35
MyLilZ
Just a thought,

I also have a roadster 2005 I been wondering if I could make it really stable by deleting the rag top completely and adding a roll bar this would also delete the convertible mechanics and hopefully shread some weight that could be used to help the roadster feel better on the curves. I am looking at some hardtop options to add on to hide the roll bars but it would be removable. Any thoughts on this idea. Of course this is a rough description just thought about this while reading this post.
That would all depend on what your plans are,mostly a track car or just a good handling street car.I it's kind of funny I live 6 miles from a good size road course and I have No plans on turning it in to a track car.It has crossed my mind about changing the cage to give it a higher profile in the hoop behind the seats ,but it would not look good for what I'm going after.( The plastic covers wouldn't fit any more and the other plastic panel would just look odd )If you don't mind doing some cutting on the dash you can make a removable cage that you can install and remove depending on what you are doing.Behind the seats and under all the plastic their is a half cage the is already installed.You can add a couple posts that come up from the under side of the dash/foot well floor pan area ,that run up the a pilar post. You'd have to remover the plastic interior covers . Then weld up two bars just off the corner of the frame that the seat belt mounts to(under the little plastic thing that flips up on the corners of the rear cover ). I can trembler the name of the place we use to get our cage slugs at when I use to circle track race. They are machined with a slot in them so they will hook together and you run two bolt through them so they stay together. Then you can build the cage (main hoop,hallo bar,down bars,and a petty bar if you wish). Then it can be removable with the help of a buddy and your top will still be functionable and add some stability to the car. As a side note this should be done as pre your local track rules, we used this set up as a X set up in the rear of the car because one of the tracks we ran required a double X set up in the rear if the car had the floor pan remover and cut in half at the drive shaft hump(limited late model). Hope this help some
Old 10-15-2014, 07:14 PM
HigherPrimate35

Originally Posted by MyLilZ
That would all depend on what your plans are,mostly a track car or just a good handling street car.I it's kind of funny I live 6 miles from a good size road course and I have No plans on turning it in to a track car.It has crossed my mind about changing the cage to give it a higher profile in the hoop behind the seats ,but it would not look good for what I'm going after.( The plastic covers wouldn't fit any more and the other plastic panel would just look odd )If you don't mind doing some cutting on the dash you can make a removable cage that you can install and remove depending on what you are doing.Behind the seats and under all the plastic their is a half cage the is already installed.You can add a couple posts that come up from the under side of the dash/foot well floor pan area ,that run up the a pilar post. You'd have to remover the plastic interior covers . Then weld up two bars just off the corner of the frame that the seat belt mounts to(under the little plastic thing that flips up on the corners of the rear cover ). I can trembler the name of the place we use to get our cage slugs at when I use to circle track race. They are machined with a slot in them so they will hook together and you run two bolt through them so they stay together. Then you can build the cage (main hoop,hallo bar,down bars,and a petty bar if you wish). Then it can be removable with the help of a buddy and your top will still be functionable and add some stability to the car. As a side note this should be done as pre your local track rules, we used this set up as a X set up in the rear of the car because one of the tracks we ran required a double X set up in the rear if the car had the floor pan remover and cut in half at the drive shaft hump(limited late model). Hope this help some

Hmm yea, thanks for all the good ideas. I'm currently deciding on buying a Datsun 510 and make that my track project. So I would keep the Z for around the canyons, I'm hopping upgrading suspension to coil overs would make it a better ride.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:06 PM
MyLilZ

Well what has been a really crappy month for my family is finally over (neighbor next door passed my kids looked at her like she was a grand mother,the fallowing week my mother in law passed away and the day after her funeral my uncle died )So I finally got the car painted this weekend not sure why it is purple in the picts but it is dark blue out in the sun light.it needs to be color sanded yet,I'll do that later still need to paint the inner fenders and the engine bay after I pull the motor this weekend. The only thing I can think of is when I put the second coat of clear on I added some purple kicker to the clear to bring out the blue more and under florescent lights it looks purple if it is overcast out it looks like its Yamaha blue
Attached Thumbnails my roadster build-img_0284.jpg   my roadster build-img_0282.jpg   my roadster build-img_0281.jpg   my roadster build-img_0280.jpg