Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

First time

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Tpayne91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time

I am having my parents pick up my 09 touring 370z tomarrow. I am currently stationed overseas. Just wanted to hear some good inputs on what i can look forward to and suggested mods to look into. Thanks in advance!!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 PM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I still remember my first time...
Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Will the 370 be your first Z?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Tpayne91

Yes this will be my first Z
Old 01-06-2013, 04:50 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very exciting! You'll be chomping at the bit to get home to go take it for a spin.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:17 PM
SOZ

A little late to the party but here's what I think you can expect.

First off you'll need a big stick to get your parents out of the car or maybe just plead with them to let you drive it. Once you have access your heart will skip a beat when you get a good look at the Z and realize it's yours to drive. Pop the door open and slide into the seat and you'll find it quite comfortable as you move it forward or back and adjust the angle of the back to fit your height and preferences. That done you'll adjust the angle of the steering wheel noticing that the instrument pod moves with the wheel so the readouts are always visible. Probably by now you will have noticed too that your right hand rests comfortably on (hopefully) the 6 speed gear shifter, the clutch, brake and accelerator pedals are juuuuust right and the car fits you like a glove.

You've resisted the urge so far while getting things adjusted to fit you and the big moment arrives. You fire up the sweetest sounding V6 you're likely to hear. Hopefully your new baby will already have a custom or Nismo exhaust installed and you'll power down the window so you can hear the exhaust rumble when you blip the throttle a few times. Satisfied that all is well your heart rate will increase significantly as you snick the shifter into first gear, release the brake and head for the street. The clutch will be smooth and you'll notice pretty quickly that you have a lot of horsepower to command.

You'll slip into second gear as you accelerate away and approach your first corner where hopefully there is no stop sign and no traffic. Turning the corner you'll find the steering response is immediate and tight. A nice long straight stretch beckons and you just have to do it. You're in first gear and succumb to the urge..... pedal to the metal and you're instantly pinned back in the seat. A quick shift into second, third, fourth, fifth and each time you're pinned to the seat as the speedometer needle rolls quickly past the century mark. You're coming up on some curves so you can play Juan Fangio and barrel through taking advantage of the Z's ability to carve up the canyons. Get a bit over zealous and the traction control system will quickly get you back in control.

Back home you will notice people looking at you and wondering what in heck you're smiling about. You probably won't be able to make most of them understand. The Z will do that to you. As for mods you may or may not want to do any or your wallet will help you decide.

You're about to begin a lifelong love affair with a terrific car. That's what you can expect. Just in case you're curious I'm 75 and driving my second Z when I'm not out and about on my Harley Dyna Low Rider. Drive safe and enjoy the new ride.

Les
Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 PM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

^what he said
Old 01-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Tpayne91

I can not wait to get back and drive this car, I am quite excited. I apperciate your response, It was deff alot more than what i thought to get. I know with every car there are a few things guys always do, and i just wanted some feed back on a few Mods that alot of owners do to these cars. But again thanks for your feedback!!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:53 AM
scrapser

I remember the morning after I bought my 2006 350Z Touring. I drove it home the night before from the dealership in the dark. That night I did not sleep at all. The next morning I walked outside and there it was...a sparkling blue jewel of a car. I just stood there, about 20 feet away and stared at the new reality of my life as it slowly sank in. That was my experience.

Two days before I bought my car, I was walking past a post office in downdown DC. There was a black 350Z Track parked at the curb. A woman had just dropped her mail in one of the boxes and was getting back in the car. She started it up, I heard the familiar growl of the exhaust and watched it pull away and head off down the street. Little did I know at the time that in two days I too would be driving one.

May you have memories of your own such as these.