Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

brake boosting a TT 350z.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 10:32 AM
terps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your a smart man kp, makes sense
Old 07-21-2008, 10:08 AM
KPierson
Banned

I hate to bring up an old thread, but I've gotten two reports in the past 3 weeks or so about people having issues with this module. There were only a handful of these distributed due to some other issues, but now two different people have reported a "throttle delay" associated with this module.

One tester has all but confirmed the module was the reason, the other tester hasn't verified anything yet. So, if you were a tester of the KPtech brake boost module and your car hestiates for a few seconds when you go WOT I would remove the module and see if the problem goes away. I haven't yet figured out exactly what the problem is, but we are working on a "work around" for those people who have this issue. We will NOT be offering this product to anyone else though, due to the unpredictability discovered when putting this module on different vehicles/trims.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:20 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KPierson
I if you were a tester of the KPtech brake boost module and your car hestiates for a few seconds when you go WOT I would remove the module and see if the problem goes away.
If you pull out the module, don't forget to use a jumper on the harness so that brake signal still gets to the ECU!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Blwn_By_Twins

Can you just install a st switch inline with the 101 wire to brake the signal to the ecu for bb then switch back for normal driving? Wasn't sure if this would be ok or if it needed to be grounded or not. Or if it would cause any problems.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:54 PM
KPierson
Banned

If you just install a switch it will throw a code after driving so many miles.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:27 AM
MardiGrasMax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the code modify any performance characteristics like a fail safe or limp mode?
Old 07-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Blwn_By_Twins

If you just use the switch for a quick BB or burn out and then switch it back you'll be fine. I don't think the code would cause any performance problems, but IDK. I haven't gotten a lot of driving in with it yet, but I took it out played for a few mins and then switched it back and never got a code.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:21 PM
KPierson
Banned

It won't cause any performance issues but it will cause the cruise control system to fault out until you clear the code.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:57 PM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i'm facing an issue with my car and i was referred to this thread..

my issue : https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...ent-issue.html

Basically, it's an intermittent issue with throttle response.. out of the blue rpm won't raise higher than 1,250.. the car revs fine on Neutral or Park, but not when on Drive. sometimes i don't use the car for 2 days and when i start the car again i get the issue for couple of days, and sometimes when the problem is not present it drives fine and WOT fine even for couple of days..

anyways, one of the suggestions was to cut the wire going to 101 pin in the ECU (and was direct to this thread) because the ECU might be reading that the brakes are applied thus cutting off throttle.. i've read all pages but still couldn't make out what i should be doing with which wire. i'm not an electrician, but i'm DIY'er and i think i can do it if i get the proper instructions.

any help plz?

thanks
Old 05-08-2012, 07:18 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Literally you can just cut the wire on pin 101. Before you cut it, stick a meter/test light on it and make sure it's actually the brake wire. Also tape off the ends to prevent shorts.

My guess on the brake booster module is is somehow bleeding current into the ECU thru pin 101 appearing as a false brake signal.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:17 PM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Originally Posted by djamps
Literally you can just cut the wire on pin 101. Before you cut it, stick a meter/test light on it and make sure it's actually the brake wire. Also tape off the ends to prevent shorts.

My guess on the brake booster module is is somehow bleeding current into the ECU thru pin 101 appearing as a false brake signal.
got it..

so basically if this was the culprit to my issue, i'll need a new ecu, isn't it?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:45 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

possibly ew module for the brake booster(is it seperate or part of the bcm?) honestly with how many people have pin 101 cut with no issues might as well do it. unless you plan to sell the car down the road, then mayby just fix it =/
Old 02-12-2017, 12:31 AM
Albie Welch

Default Pin 101

Originally Posted by phunk
Has anyone here tried disconnecting ECU pin 101 and then went out and tried to brake boost?

I been meaning to try this, somewhere in the manual it told me that if the ECU doesnt see the stoplamp signal on pin 101 for a certain time frame, it will trip a CEL. I was thinking of installing a pushbutton disconnect for this ECU pin for when I want to brake boost and do burnouts - that **** aint easy when your ECU is closing the throttle (that it does when it sees brake and gas at the same time).

Haha, have any of you tried brake boosting how the car sits? It just stops like normal almost as if your not on the gas at all = FTL.

BTW those who dont know WTF im talking about, it says in the service manual that pin 101 is used to show the ECU when you are pushing the brakes - and the ECU will close the throttle even if your on the gas pedal when it sees the stoplamp signal on this pin. This means no brake boosting, and makes it a pain in the *** to do good burnouts if your not in the waterbox.

hey can anyone tell me if this is the same on a 05 g35 ? Have been trying to find out for the few weeks now please help 😀