Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[Houston]: Attention houston, please read this, very important!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:52 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Attention houston, please read this, very important!!!

ATTENTION: VERY IMPORTANT, YOUR LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT:

As some of you may know, me and some others have been recommending a shop called "Street Dreams Unlimited". THis is because we had work done there and for us, the work came out well.

Recently, within the past few months, one of the owners of shop who does most of the work has done the following, all within a very short period of time:

1. Left ALL the wheel lugs hand loose on my car, barely even on, but i only got down the street before i noticed and had him tighten. He then overtightened them i found out not too long ago.

2. Left ALL the lug nuts loose on another member's car here. Thankfully he noticed at a gas station and had them take care of it.

3. This past week, he DID NOT tighten a bolt/nut on another member's rear (this has not been proven, but seems to be the case) camber arms when he installed them, result:

The guy's wheel fell sideways on freeway and he crashed into the center wall, went airborne, and flipped three times thereby TOTALING HIS CAR. Thankfully, he is ok and walked away from the crash, but there is no doubt that this bolt/nut was never tightened (he has pics from the crash site) by this shop owner/worker at Street Dreams Unlimited.

EDIT: To be 100% fair to the shop and all involved, it has not been proven that this was the cause of the accident, but the driver thinks it was, others who have been told the facts think it was, and an eye witness to the accident said he 100% for sure saw the wheel collapse on itself, then the car loose control and go into the divider.

Also, the bolts on both ends of the arm where NOT stripped, broken, or anything, and the arm itself was not broken, so manufacturer fault can not be the case here. The only way it failed was if it literally came unscrewed because it was never tightened, or not tightened enough. These are the facts, so you decide for yourself. I have been told all of this by the driver, himself.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO STREET DREAMS UNLIMITED UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED!!

Im hoping to get this out as early as possible, and for those that i have recommended, i deeply apologize, i had no knowledge of most of this until today.

I am in the process of going back through the shop thread to edit any post of mine where i recommended this shop,

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 04-05-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:59 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Also, btw, this particular guy who totaled his car was NOT recommended by me, or anyone else on this forum, he knew of the shop through other means.

Im doing this to prevent anything further from happening, if one of you guys bit the dust bc of me, dont know if i could live with it!!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:41 PM
ZKansasZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, that is scary, Mike.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:55 PM
350junkie

Thanks for getting the word out there! I was wondering if these guys were shady like that.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Brett@AwesomeZ
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
The guy's wheel fell sideways on freeway and he crashed into the center wall, went airborne, and flipped three times thereby TOTALING HIS CAR. Thankfully, he is ok and walked away from the crash, but there is no doubt that this bolt/nut was never tightened (he has pics from the crash site) by this shop owner/worker at Street Dreams Unlimited.
holy crap, glad to hear he at least walked away from the wreck.

Is it that hard to torque stuff down? Really?
Wheels, suspension parts, brakes, this stuff should ALWAYS be torqued to spec.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:34 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Old 04-05-2010, 03:00 PM
FATPUBUS

I almost went to this shop just for a pulley install and to roll my fenders bit ultimately decided to do it myself and get tats on my arms finished up instead...maybe that was a good choice.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

*note to self- don't EVER go there*
Old 04-05-2010, 04:47 PM
GeauxLadyZ

I edited original content to be fair to all parties involved.

I have nothing personal against this shop or owners/workers, im just trying to look out for the safety of the guys on this forum and those who may go by my previous recommendations.