Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

GTM Performance Engineering 350Z HR SUPERCHARGER KIT PRESS RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 01:57 PM
acharney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
-Superchargers require back pressure. usually HFC and headers are not a good choice with a supercharger system, they can cause a drop of boost. The stage one kit is designed to accomplish 500 BHP which equal 410 WHP, So far we have made close to those numbers with all factory exhaust and cats components, We are going to be testing with a better exhaust so expect the numbers to be higher .
Sam
Hey Sam,
I'm pretty excited about this kit, it looks great! I have a question though relating to what you wrote above. Since I already have Stillen headers and Crawford HFC and Fast Intentions TD exhaust, what does that mean if I were to go with the stage 1 supercharger kit? Would that mean I should expect less WHP (less than 410) because of not enough back pressure? Would it be advised to go back to stock cats and headers?

Another question I wonder about is how gas mileage is affected? Not that it really matters to much to any of us...

Adam

Last edited by acharney; 09-13-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:30 AM
dbsears

Backpressure is only part of the equation. Spending $7k then having to run the stock cats and manifold seems quite an oxymoron. MANY cars other than Z's run superchargers with much success with no cats at all. Expelling gases is a very important part of the equation for proper power and lower EGT's. Running a high cpsi OEM cat really is dangerous with boost as you can melt them quite easily...

Sure a supercharger differs from a Turbo BUT only so much back pressure is needed. Definately waiting for some more results with a more efficient exhaust on the test car. I thought the VHR was the only car running into backpressure problems and that was in regards to the VVEL and valve overlap and not the exhaust itself?
Old 09-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Q8y_drifter

Originally Posted by dbsears
I thought the VHR was the only car running into backpressure problems and that was in regards to the VVEL and valve overlap and not the exhaust itself?
my thoughts exactly. I was hoping with adjustable cam timing via Uprev Osiris we wouldn't have to worry about this issue.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:02 AM
willow350

CARB it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then, I'll get it.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Nismo#24

Backpressure is only part of the equation. Spending $7k then having to run the stock cats and manifold seems quite an oxymoron. MANY cars other than Z's run superchargers with much success with no cats at all. Expelling gases is a very important part of the equation for proper power and lower EGT's. Running a high cpsi OEM cat really is dangerous with boost as you can melt them quite easily...

Sure a supercharger differs from a Turbo BUT only so much back pressure is needed. Definately waiting for some more results with a more efficient exhaust on the test car. I thought the VHR was the only car running into backpressure problems and that was in regards to the VVEL and valve overlap and not the exhaust itself?
This. From my understanding superchargers really dont require THAT much backpressure. I know several guys that are running a S/C with straight true dual with cat delete. I dont believe that you would have to run restrictive cats with a SC kit, but I'm no expert.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:11 AM
kakashishin

+1. I want a little more clarity on whether the hp number will be affected because I have high flow cats, headers, and a true dual exhaust.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:55 PM
nismoz1260

An even better question when will the kit be ready for shipment?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:33 PM
germanguy818

i have been waiting for a SC kit like this ever since i bought the Z! im super excited and will have my car paid off by the end of the year! i am running megan racing TP's and the Greddy evo 2 exhaust. i am definately in for the stage 1 kit! when will it be available? also OP, where are you located? any local shops near LosAngeles area i could stop by and get general info/prices and dates?
Old 09-20-2010, 12:55 AM
phataus

Originally Posted by nismoz1260
An even better question when will the kit be ready for shipment?
I ordered my turn key kit last week and should be getting a call from Sam mid this week on when it will be at my house ;p So I would say now!?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:33 AM
nismoz1260

I wouldn't hold your breath I ordered and paid for mine in March... I'm thinking we still have another week of tuning left. plus the installation instructions could take even longer. I'm hoping for an early October delivery...at least I'm at the front of the line.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:46 AM
phataus

Originally Posted by nismoz1260
I wouldn't hold your breath I ordered and paid for mine in March... I'm thinking we still have another week of tuning left. plus the installation instructions could take even longer. I'm hoping for an early October delivery...at least I'm at the front of the line.
PM sent
Old 09-20-2010, 12:27 PM
R350Zz33

waitng for stage 12
Old 09-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Nismo#24

Originally Posted by R350Zz33
waitng for stage 12
Stage 12? I heard the release date for stage 12 is Oct 16th, 2043. Got it on preorder?
Old 09-20-2010, 07:49 PM
R350Zz33

Originally Posted by Nismo#24
Stage 12? I heard the release date for stage 12 is Oct 16th, 2043. Got it on preorder?
you know it i herd it includes booster rockets containing solid rocket fuel
Old 09-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the latest Dyno Graphs with two cars one MT and AT with different exhaust modifications . As you see the kit is performing very well and had exceeded our expectations.

Name:  STOCKHPVSSCHP.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  GTMSCWITHHFCANDCATBACK.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  60.4 KB

Name:  GTMSCVSSTOCK.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  67.2 KB

Name:  BOOSTCURVE.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  62.1 KB

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 09-22-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by Nismo1534
Sam, add some photos of the front with the fascia put back on! Also, as others have said, videos with the car in motion, acceleration, etc would be greatly appreciated. Finally, does anything need to be significantly fabricated/modified for the kit to fit, or is it simple relocation here and there and maybe a few holes drilled?
More videos are coming up real soon, you wont be disappointed. as for installing the kit it is very straight forward bolt on kit .

Sam
Old 09-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Q8y_drifter

This is great So about 430whp with SC and catback? If the G sedan breaks 400whp i'll be super happy
Old 09-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by acharney
Hey Sam,
I'm pretty excited about this kit, it looks great! I have a question though relating to what you wrote above. Since I already have Stillen headers and Crawford HFC and Fast Intentions TD exhaust, what does that mean if I were to go with the stage 1 supercharger kit? Would that mean I should expect less WHP (less than 410) because of not enough back pressure? Would it be advised to go back to stock cats and headers?

Another question I wonder about is how gas mileage is affected? Not that it really matters to much to any of us...

Adam
With The set up you have, you will sacrifice some torque but you still will be able to get 400 + RWHP no problem . Gas millage is directly effected by your foot meaning i can drive a supercharger car and still have the same or better gas millage as stock .

Sam
Old 09-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

No one said you have to run factory cats with the set up. I'm a believer it is all bout torque, having a little restriction in the exhaust will defiantly optimize the torque output on the car .

Sam
Old 09-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Also we ill be offering the GTR manifold for the 350ZHr as well .

Sam

Name:  P1130206.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  102.2 KB

Name:  P1130205.jpg
Views: 1586
Size:  101.6 KB

Quick Reply: GTM Performance Engineering 350Z HR SUPERCHARGER KIT PRESS RELEASE