Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Traffic observations. Sound familiar?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 10:29 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic observations. Sound familiar?

I've had the car for 120 miles so far, and these are some odd behaviors I've seen so far regarding other drivers:

(1) About 5 mini-vans have driven up next to me for around 10 or 20 seconds, then floored it to speed on by. (I don't know what's going on with this one. If anyone could figure it out, you'd take a load off my mind.)

(2) Another mini-van locked its brakes one time, and I think it's because the driver was looking at my car instead of the one in front of him. I'd be sorry if that happened, because mini-van people seem like good people.

(3) Cars actually let me into traffic ahead of them. In fact, I don't think I've had any exception to this yet!! And 2 Mustang drivers waved me in when I wasn't even edging up. Now this used to happen when I had a Sundance Duster, because people treat you like the dumb kid in class, and are always nice. But in my Eclipse, I'd have to wait forever for someone to let me in. My theory is that the Eclipse looks mean and snooty, wheres the Z looks strong but happy (<--- see avatar).

(4) People speed up and get in front of me. Then they're busy looking in their rear view, and suddenly hit the brakes when they finally notice traffic in front of them is stopped. I've seen this maneuver 3 times.

(5) 300ZX's park right next to you, even when you park out in the middle of nowhere. This makes sense, because I'd park next to a 300ZX if I saw it.
Old 11-07-2002, 10:37 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always try and park next to a nice car. SC430s sometimes, if nothing else Ill tke a nissan in general, hoping for some respect within the brand.

as for people doing odd manuevers, Id say 75% of the time their men, and ussually in an SUV of some sort, I can hear them thinking, THATS what I wanted, not his suburban tank.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:07 AM
AfroCreame

Yea, I've noticed similar things. People letting you in front of them, or creeping up slowly past you so they can get a good look As far as parking, the best way is to just park on a middle line and take up 2 spaces. I hate when people do that, but if it's a nice car I don't see any problem with it. My wife has a 03 G35 Sedan and someone hit her front passenger fender with their door and left a dent, then last week a shopping car was rammed into the other fender at the exact same spot...lotsa ******** outt here...
Old 11-08-2002, 11:26 AM
vin1024

Originally posted by AfroCreame
Yea, I've noticed similar things. People letting you in front of them, or creeping up slowly past you so they can get a good look As far as parking, the best way is to just park on a middle line and take up 2 spaces. I hate when people do that, but if it's a nice car I don't see any problem with it. My wife has a 03 G35 Sedan and someone hit her front passenger fender with their door and left a dent, then last week a shopping car was rammed into the other fender at the exact same spot...lotsa ******** outt here...
taking up two spaces is a good way to **** someone off and get your car keyed. there are a lot of nasty people out there...just find an end spot...
Old 11-08-2002, 11:37 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Traffic observations. Sound familiar?

Originally posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
I've had the car for 120 miles so far, and these are some odd behaviors I've seen so far regarding other drivers:

(1) About 5 mini-vans have driven up next to me for around 10 or 20 seconds, then floored it to speed on by. (I don't know what's going on with this one. If anyone could figure it out, you'd take a load off my mind.)
Emasculated men who are whipped into oblivion. These guys are FURIOUS that everyone but them is enjoying life in the vehicles of their choice while they rot in a mini-van. 35 y.o. pasty, chubby, white men are the worst offenders. Those nutbags will race anything, anywhere. I love to DESTROY their fragile egos.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:47 PM
Electro Z

Default Neat way to end the week

Drove off the hiway after getting popped by a flying rock ( it cracked into the top edge of the windshild.. not leaving a mark, whew ) and I pull up to a stop light.. look to my right and there sits a silver z with a pritty lady driving.. we eye lock at the same time and we give each other thumbs up and big smiles.. we roll our windows down and yell.. across.. we LOVE it.. or some such ... and them off she goes with me chasing after.. damn that was a nice *ss.... the Z's *ss .. how the heck could I see her *ss!

First time I have seen the rear of the Z in motion...

Looks like she lives near me too...

100 miles to go...

EZ
Attached Thumbnails Traffic observations.  Sound familiar?-dsc00009small.jpg  
Old 11-08-2002, 07:16 PM
unho

Originally posted by vin1024
taking up two spaces is a good way to **** someone off and get your car keyed. there are a lot of nasty people out there...just find an end spot...
I park my accord 2 spaces away from the corner at work so i can park my Z between the wall and my accord.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:17 PM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

Originally posted by unho
I park my accord 2 spaces away from the corner at work so i can park my Z between the wall and my accord.
That actually sounds like a good idea...

Whenever I see another Z I always park beside it if I can...and in many cases they park beside me....

Most people have been extreamy curious of the car yet very careful not to even touch it, let alone damage it.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:34 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

: My wife has a 03 G35 Sedan and someone hit her front passenger fender with their door and left a dent, then last week a shopping car was rammed into the other fender at the exact same spot...lotsa ******** outt here...

That sucks!!

Yeah I wouldn't take up two spaces. I try to find corner spots, or I just leave. I mean, I don't care about shopping or work or anything that much.