Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

how long will I wait for my Z??? Should i buy one on the lot now?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 09:28 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default how long will I wait for my Z??? Should i buy one on the lot now?

I got some questions and hope to get feedback:

I got a red enthusist Z coming in December. The build date was confirmed and is in route. Since depositing money, I have decided I like the silverstone better. I got to see both finally side by side and for me, the silver is better but I do like both a lot.

Do you guys think I am being crazy to NOT take delivery on the red Z in december? I like the color but just like the silverstone better.

I just ordered the silverstone this week from another dealer. They think I will get it by Feb. Do you think that is accurate? I am affraid I will be waiting for a year or longer and they are feeding me BS????

Do you think i can drive the red one and sell it when i get the gray one or do you think i would lose a lot of money?

Does anyone out there going to take delivery of a silverstone and wish to swap me for the red one so I can get it quicker? Maybe it can be a win - win situation?

Thanks, Jeff
Old 11-08-2002, 10:34 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do what makes you feel right. I personally do not like red cars . . .at all. BUT, I really like the Z in Redline. While waiting I said to myself several times "If it comes in the wrong color for some reason, who cares, I am taking it." I have the silverstone. I love the color, but if one day I go out and the color has miraculously changed, oh well its still a 350Z and I will have fun driving it.

If it were me, I would take the car. . .even in Red.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:43 AM
BrainStorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone has silver. Be different. If I were buying a Z, I'd be doing everything I could NOT to get silver.

I think Pikes Peak White is very underappreciated. Deep pearl white with black interior is very classy, nice contrast. Redline is like the absolute choice for a car like this. Red = sports car. Other colors like Lemans Sunset, Daytona Blue, Brickyard and Black are for those drivers who choose not to be scared away by colors and run to the grays and silvers. Dare I say your resale value might be higher if you have one of the snazzier colors instead of being a "common" color.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:09 AM
nlauri

I just reordered mine after getting screwed by one dealer. Supposedly mine will be here in Feb. so I think that date is accurate for your silverstone as I checked with several dealers before reordering and all said 3-4mos from order if they had an open allottment for when you put your deposit down. 2 months isn't alot- hold out for color you really want. I could've had one months ago but I would not change color and not many availbale sunsets out there. Good luck!!
Old 11-13-2002, 06:56 AM
rahilio

ordered mine aug 1st 2002
received it nov 12 2002
not a bad 3 month wait
Old 11-13-2002, 07:04 AM
350zSpeedRacer

It also depends on where you ordered your car. I've had mine on order for almost two months (with no word from the dealer as of yet, but I wasn't expecting ANY service) and they told me to expect January or Feruary delivery. I'm thinking more like April.

If it's a small area with not much demand for a Z, you might get it alot quicker.

As for the color, I like redline ALOT better than the silvers. They just don't grab me the way the other colors do. And I'm not a huge fan of red cars in general, but that Redline just looks too trick!

And if you decide to sell one of them, I'm sure you'll have no problem with it. The demand for these cars is extremely high right now and there are lots of people out there who wouldn't mind not waiting!

Good luck!
Old 11-13-2002, 08:25 AM
z461

Originally posted by BrainStorm
Everyone has silver. Be different. If I were buying a Z, I'd be doing everything I could NOT to get silver.

I think Pikes Peak White is very underappreciated. Deep pearl white with black interior is very classy, nice contrast. Redline is like the absolute choice for a car like this. Red = sports car. Other colors like Lemans Sunset, Daytona Blue, Brickyard and Black are for those drivers who choose not to be scared away by colors and run to the grays and silvers. Dare I say your resale value might be higher if you have one of the snazzier colors instead of being a "common" color.
BOOOHOOOOO . There's a reason all the advertisement Z's are pretty much in silver, it looks best in that color.
Old 11-13-2002, 08:59 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default thanks for input

Color is such a personal preference. I like all colors really, just some more than others. My first choice is red for fisrt appeal but for me, I think the silverstone looks a little classier. So it is fashy vs classy in my eyes and since I plan ion owning it a long time, classy wins. Besides, I think the door handles do not blend well with the car in non-silvers....

If anyone is interested, there should be a red ent. at mossy nissan in oceanside availible and it gets here in 2 weeks!
Old 11-13-2002, 09:07 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

The way I see it, I liked lots of colors. But then I finally decided that it doesn't matter what color I have. I can still appreciate all of them. I just care about driving it.
Old 11-13-2002, 09:47 AM
Want-a-Z

If you order now, your dealer will not be able to
send your order to Nissan until the first week
in December. (The first through the eighth).
Assuming your dealer actually sends the order at
that time, you will get your car by the end of
February. (A Nissan rep told me that almost all
orders are now delivered within 90 days.)

Just make sure that the dealer has REALLY sent
the order to Nissan. (Ask for the order
confirmation number. If he can't give it to you,
then he didn't place your order yet.)

Good luck!