Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

[b]whats So Great About The Track Model?!?!?!?![/b]

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 06:51 PM
ryce4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [b]whats So Great About The Track Model?!?!?!?![/b]

I was looking to buy a track 350z but when i looked at the option it had. It was just like an enthusiast. what's so great about the track model anyway beside the increase in HP from 287 to 300 and the change of the brake pad to brembo. As far as the aditional option goes, it doesn't have power seat, no seat heater, and not even a bose system but yet it cost more than a touring. Wouldn't the touring be more bang for your bucks since it had more option than the track and it's cheaper. ALso the track i was looking at, the original sticker tag on it said the HP was 287 not 300 but it had the brembo brake. Is that wrong or what? The track i'm looking at is a 03' with 13,000miles for $24,400.. Does that sound like a steal? Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by ryce4u; 03-16-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Only '05 Track models and 35th Anniversey models have the new engine. Track's also come with the upgraded Brembo Brakes and Ray's Engineering rims, which only weigh around 18.6 lbs each.

If your comparing the Enthusiast versus the Track, here is what the Track has that the Enthusiast doesn't:

Higher-output engine (300hp/260tq)
Brembo Big Brake Kit
18" Ray's Engineering Lightweight Rims (17" rims on Enthusiast)
TCS and VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Controller)
Front chin / Front and Rear underbody diffusors / Rear Spoiler

Last edited by Armitage; 03-16-2005 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Tekwon-V

300hp is for the anniversary model track.

also, it's not just a "brake pad" to brembo. It's a braking system consisting of upgraded calipers, rotors AND pads. The '03 Track model you are looking at will also have the Rays forged wheels. it will also have a rear diffuser, aero "package" consisting of a black plastic chin spoiler and a rear spoiler.

i think i go it all. if i missed something, i am sure other members will fill you in.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Tekwon-V
300hp is for the anniversary model track.

also, it's not just a "brake pad" to brembo. It's a braking system consisting of upgraded calipers, rotors AND pads. The '03 Track model you are looking at will also have the Rays forged wheels. it will also have a rear diffuser, aero "package" consisting of a black plastic chin spoiler and a rear spoiler.

i think i go it all. if i missed something, i am sure other members will fill you in.
Did you ever own and Prelude and if so, were you ever on HondaPrelude.com or PreludeOnline.com? Your screen name sounds REALLY familar.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:24 PM
ryce4u

Here's the link for the track i been looking at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
If you would compare the track to the touring. The touring has all the option like leather ect. and the track doesn't. so thats a trade off right? Which one would u guys go with between track and touring.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ryce4u
Here's the link for the track i been looking at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
If you would compare the track to the touring. The touring has all the option like leather ect. and the track doesn't. so thats a trade off right? Which one would u guys go with between track and touring.
I chose the track because of the higher output engine, the lighter rims, and the bigger brakes. I will be tracking and auto-xing my Z and personally I am not a fan of leather and I heard the Bose sound system sucked. I'll be redoing the entire system to my liking anyway.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:57 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if the track model is in great condition, it's a steel IMO

a 2003 track model compared to a 2003 enthusiast model has the following that the enthusiast doesn't:

brembo brakes

rays wheels with 8.5" rear wheel compared to 8" on enthusiast. Track wheels are also 18lbs compared to 27lbs on the enthusiast and I think the rear wheels are 245mm wide instead of 235mm

some sound deadening material removed

VDC

front and rear spoiler (aerodynamic package)
Old 03-16-2005, 09:05 PM
FLZ_Boy

Originally Posted by sentry65
if the track model is in great condition, it's a steel IMO

a 2003 track model compared to a 2003 enthusiast model has the following that the enthusiast doesn't:

brembo brakes

rays wheels with 8.5" rear wheel compared to 8" on enthusiast. Track wheels are also 18lbs compared to 27lbs on the enthusiast and I think the rear wheels are 245mm wide instead of 235mm

some sound deadening material removed

VDC

front and rear spoiler (aerodynamic package)
Actually, the enthusiast rims are 17" and 24lbs. Still a bit heavier, but 1" smaller. Defintely, less rubber.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:12 PM
ryce4u

When comparing the touring to the track. It's kinda like comparing a luxery car becuase of the leather, power seat, heated seat. ect to a true sport car(track) becuase that car is basically a barebone sport car. DOes the brake pad of the track still have the excessive brake pad dust like the rest of the Z? THe brake pad of the 350z touring is already excellent, I wonder how the brake pad of the track will feel since it's bigger SENTRY65, i sent a link of the 350z track.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:18 PM
jlvvega

I one extra thing missing. worry free tire presure sensors they will let you know when your tire pressure is lower than 28psi a warning will come out.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:24 PM
thawk408

Also, I think for the 03 and 04 tracks they came with EBD(electronic brake distribution) and the other models did not. For 05 they made this standard on all models. This is what my memory tells me, but I could be wrong. I just remeber that the tracks had some extra electronic controller on the brakes.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:50 AM
NoahzBurnt

When i bought my car,
People said the touring is for those who want the feel of a 50K sports car,
The track is a good building block for nicely set-up Auto-Xer.

I guess I agree somewhat. If I knew I was going to mod the hell out of my car I would have bought a base and spent the extra 15K on mods like a better LSD, seats, 4.3 Stroker, KIT and rims....assuming I got good deals on all the above.

I went with a touring for 39,280....and you know man....
I don't really use the heated seats 'cause I think the LEXOL(that the leather needs every other week) is gonna boil off onto my clothing....the leather cracks....the power seats have no memory(I can turn a damn ****)

I basically bought the touring for the TPS, the color and the leather....but if I was doing it all over again.....BASE maybe ENTHUSIAST!!!!!

As i get off my soap box....that is a great deal for a track....but if you are going to leave the car as is...the touring is a seriously good bang for the buck!
Old 03-17-2005, 06:51 AM
ANXIOUZ

Originally Posted by ryce4u
That's a nice car in that link. I have an 03 Track and love it.

Ask yourself this: would you prefer more accessories (better stereo, seats, etc.) or more sporty-ness (Brembo brakes, rear spoiler, lighter rims)?

I personally dig the Track. I like when someone sees the Brembo's and rear spoiler, they immediately know that it's a Track. With the other models....there's really no easy way to tell the difference (from the outside) between a Touring or Enthusiast. You can look at tires/rims but most people swap them out anyway.

However, you'll be equally please with a Track or Touring. Both are fine cars.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:56 AM
rxtrom

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
...As i get off my soap box....that is a great deal for a track....but if you are going to leave the car as is...the touring is a seriously good bang for the buck!
Does anyone else agree with that? I might do some modding in the future, but nothing for a while. like 3 yrs or so

Is the touring a better deal?
Old 03-17-2005, 07:08 AM
ANXIOUZ

Yes. Both cars mod the same but you get more "stuff" with the Touring.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:34 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the touring has 18in wheels for the manual, and 17in for the auto - yeah i know, it's weird. Oh and the auto doesn't have VDC, just TCS, while the manual does have VDC.

the bose and factory leather aren't all that great - they're nice i guess. The leather seats are much slippery than cloth. The bose sounds better than stock, but if you want something better, you're going to have to rip out the entire system probably

heated mirrors - do you really need them if it doesn't snow there?

heated seats - eh nice, but come on
motorized seats - eh what was so wrong with manual seats? - it's all heavier crap

The brembos don't have much brake dust. I used to have a 2004.5 enthusiast and the brake dust on the stock pads was HORRIBLE. Now that I have an 03 track, the brake dust isn't so bad on stock pads. You'll eventually want to upgrade to something like hawk pads regardless though.

a touring auto Z w/ frost interior and track Z are about as opposite as you can get. There's some older lady here at my work who drives one of those - in contrast to my track model which is much more hardcore.

I totally agree with getting a base and modding it if you know you're going to mod it. I got the track model used with 1468 miles on it for just under 30k about 7 months ago. I figured the brakes and wheels alone were worth the $4-5k over a base model. That and I knew I was going to get a ECU flash which at the time wasn't available on the 2004.5's

Last edited by sentry65; 03-17-2005 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only reason I want a Touring or Track model, well, Touring because it is nicer (I like the wheels a LOT more than the Enthusiast/Base wheels), and Track because it performs better. FEI (for everyone's information), currently there are ONLY 3 redline track models in the USA. All of which are on the west coast. So if you are trying to find a red Track model you are basically screwed if you don't live on the west coast and your dealer wants to trade cars.

I'm going to see if the dealer can swap wheels from the Touring to the Enthusiast (the touring is black) for some extra money.