Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Have you ever ran?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a couple weeks ago i was pulling out of my school parking lot and we have a cop that is at my school everyday all day long. he was pulling into the lot and i had my windows down. i flashed my ID at the parking gaurd who was chatting with the officer. the popo yelled out "nice car!" i said thanks. then the popo held up his radio and said, "you can out run my car but you can't out run this!"
Old 04-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Nano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
I'm a she thank you very much!! And yes you are right I do need to fix that!!
Ah, your a girl. Then you won't be obliterated, just annoyed extensively on messegaboards.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:45 PM
dan-14

from my experience, it's better to just pull over. i've been pulled over about 7 times, and have only recieved 2 tickets(got outta both in court ). i just pull over as soon as i can and be totaly honest with the police officer and they usually just give me a warning. i once got pulled over for speeding and wreckless driving or something ( i drifted around a median at a stop light,then sped off to about 80 in a 45), when the officer asked me what i was doing i told him my friend,who was in the passenger seat, let me drive his car and i was just playing around a little bit because it's a nice car, which was the truth. he said " because you were so honest, i'm just going to let you go with a warning."

by the way destiny, your lucky your a girl, you can pretty much post anything and not get flammed .

Last edited by dan-14; 04-18-2005 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

4/1...hmmmm...is that national somke out day? I don't do that stuff... I just run from the cops!!LOL I really didn't mean to run, the adrenalin was just way too high and once I was thinking clearly I was having fun!!
Are you serious?

4/1= April Fools Day...
Old 04-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

I have a story to tell you guys!!! My mom and I when to pick up my old tires and rims, we went in different vehicles because the guy at discount tires wanted to tighten my lugs! So we get the wheels and we are headed home. I'm in the Z and my mom was behind me in the truck the speed limit is 65mph, so I decide that 76-79mph is a better speed!! So I'm flying and my mom is right behind me!! Suddenly I see her slow down, and I'm thinking whats wrong, I glance to my left across the grass median and there is the cops!!! I see him put over and try to figure a way across the median!!! I'm thinking oh crap what do I do, slow down or not slow down! Suddenly my adrenalin kicks in and I speed up and I start zipping in and out of lanes!! My mom is nowhere to be seen!! Then my brain kicks in and says "Hey you are running from the cops"!! I'm thinking OMG I'm running from the cop, this is kind of exciting!! LOL I kept pushing it for about seven miles and got between a suv and a truck! I slowed down to the speed limit and kept a eye out in my rear view...no mom...no cop!! Six more miles, I make it to my exit and stop at the light, I look three cars back and there is my mom!! LOL the cops never did catch up!!! Now I understand why people run, the adrenalin is just through the roof!!! I now know the true meaning of "Can't stop, won't stop"!!! Has anyone else ever ran from the cops? :: Puts on flame suit just in case::
Was this on an interstate/highway? I would never do that on a highway...on the streets...yeah. At least on the street you can pull in somewhere and get away...on the interstate there is only one way you can get away...an exit. And I would beware next time...never know when they will call ahead. It's been happening ALOT where I live.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:45 PM
zmespeed

its all in the sig.

every thing is can be told a different way to make it seem like your inocent. this is what court is for. "im sorry i didnt see the lights, i have ADD so i was not paying attetion, plus my stereo was turned up too loud to hear the sirens. i was totaly unaware that the cop was chasing me" you get the idea.

remeber kids crownvics top out at 120mph. cops must go faster than you to catch up and as fast as you just to hold the gap. and the other police goodies go.....
plane=123kts
helicopter=112kn
350z=156mph!!!

if they cant see you how can they radio ahead when they dont know were your going. which exit should i take, then which way to turn off the exit. problby not a cop close enough to get there in time. driver identitly anyone. prove who was driving. then there are all the tecnical stuff like color of the car my dad has a car that is called "laguna green" but lookes silver . how could i get a ticket when my car is green, and the one the cop pulled over was silver. mmmmm

if all else fails you've still got your nikes

go hear then click the links shown below
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/109960-how-long-do-you-wait-to-pull-over-police.html

http://www.bellhelicopter.com/en/ai...Specs206L-4.cfm
http://skyhawk.cessna.com/spec_perf.chtml

Last edited by zmespeed; 04-18-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

zmespeed, are you positive that police model Crown Victoria's top out at 120mph though? Just because the regular models do doesn't mean crap...the police models have upgraded suspension...I wouldn't doubt them removing the speed limiter.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:21 PM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
zmespeed, are you positive that police model Crown Victoria's top out at 120mph though? Just because the regular models do doesn't mean crap...the police models have upgraded suspension...I wouldn't doubt them removing the speed limiter.
pritty sure i asked a cop once just to make sure of it.. if they got that big light bar i know they can only go 120mph but if they got that new skinny one then they might be able to go quicker...but no 156mph..hhehe
Old 04-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Cool...i'll be sure to keep that in mind when i'm running from the cops next time.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:53 AM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well she wasn't running from the cops if he didn't chase her with his lights on.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:31 AM
Vlad

I just remembered last september on vacation in Italy I was driving Alfa Romeo 156 with top speed of about 200 kph (about 125 mph). Well, that's the speed I was driving it pretty much all the time on the highways (and better cars were passing me all the time). So once, I run right into a trap with two cop cars and cop with a hand held radar shooting at the cars... I just kept going and nobody start chasing me... I have no idea if twice the speed limit is considered okay in Italy, but nobody came after me! I guess they just write a ticket to a license palte which belonged to Avis ))
Old 04-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by zmespeed
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109960
Hahaha!! Now that we all know that I am mentally capable of running we have to make our video of us running from the cops passing a box of Crispy Creams back and forth lol I can't believe I almost forgot about that!!
Old 04-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by Netko350Z
Well she wasn't running from the cops if he didn't chase her with his lights on.
Thank you...I think you are the only one that understood the fact that there were no lights!
Old 04-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
Was this on an interstate/highway? I would never do that on a highway...on the streets...yeah. At least on the street you can pull in somewhere and get away...on the interstate there is only one way you can get away...an exit. And I would beware next time...never know when they will call ahead. It's been happening ALOT where I live.
Yep... I was on the highway...I am more likely to speed on the highway because there are other cars to hide in front of and more lanes to move through traffic! On the street your excape route can easily be blocked by a slow moving granny!!
Old 04-20-2005, 08:45 PM
zmespeed

i personaly speed on country roads the most. (basicly flat out, five to the floor, petal to da metal). but i still speep modderatly on high ways 80 in a 65, average, but some times lots more. i have calmed down resently with my speeding, must be getting older and wiser.

Hahaha!! Now that we all know that I am mentally capable of running we have to make our video of us running from the cops passing a box of Crispy Creams back and forth lol I can't believe I almost forgot about that!!
i cant believe you remeberd that either. hahahaha
Old 04-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Silver_Racer

Ran once. Was going through my neighborhood, sliding around the corners. After going around one of them, a cop was comming towards me. Lights went on - My trhottle went down. Since I was so close to home, I figured by the time he turned around etc, I could be in my garage. That is exactly what happened. I am so glad I had an automatic garage door opener.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Badmonkey

Originally Posted by zmespeed
its all in the sig.

remeber kids crownvics top out at 120mph. cops must go faster than you to catch up and as fast as you just to hold the gap. and the other police goodies go.....
plane=123kts
helicopter=112kn
350z=156mph!!!

if they cant see you how can they radio ahead when they dont know were your going. which exit should i take, then which way to turn off the exit. problby not a cop close enough to get there in time. driver identitly anyone. prove who was driving. then there are all the tecnical stuff like color of the car my dad has a car that is called "laguna green" but lookes silver . how could i get a ticket when my car is green, and the one the cop pulled over was silver. mmmmm

if all else fails you've still got your nikes

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109960

http://www.bellhelicopter.com/en/ai...Specs206L-4.cfm
http://skyhawk.cessna.com/spec_perf.chtml
Our helicopters top out, straight and level at about 120 kts (138mph)

One thing to keep in mind, we go straight. If the road curves any, we can cut the corners. any traffic slows you down, not us. Remember we can see for many miles, depending on weather. Bottom line, if you can maintain 156mph, straight line, for over a long period you may be able to pull away from the aircraft, you have to slow down eventually.

I am not a cop, I fly the news, but we chase the cars with the police. Never had a car get away, we had a motorcycle get away, because he dumped the bike in an apartment parking lot and ran inside.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

If you are in a city, get away from the cops, park your car at a mall.... get a buddy to pick you up... then call the car in stolen.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by triso07
There is always someone who makes a pretentious comment like this.
So your saying its ok to endorse speeding and wreckless driving running from the police, potentially putting yourself and others in danger?
Old 04-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by Armitage
So your saying its ok to endorse speeding and wreckless driving running from the police, potentially putting yourself and others in danger?
I wasn't being wreckless.. I had it under control!! I drive like that all the time ...just a little less speed! If anyone was in danger (which there wasn't) it was me because there wasn't that many people on highway I had broke out the pack about 4 miles back!

Quick Reply: Have you ever ran?