Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Have you ever ran?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 07:11 PM
zmespeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think i i see them turn around ill just do a u'y and go the other way. then if they turn back around i will too. then it will be like a friken nascar race. and the cop would look like the pace car. haha
Old 04-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by zmespeed
i think i i see them turn around ill just do a u'y and go the other way. then if they turn back around i will too. then it will be like a friken nascar race. and the cop would look like the pace car. haha
Hahahaha I would have never thought about that!! lol Can you get that on tape!!!
Old 04-24-2005, 07:04 PM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
Hahahaha I would have never thought about that!! lol Can you get that on tape!!!
ill try. it would be cool if there were like red necks in trucks in the same chase.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by zmespeed
ill try. it would be cool if there were like red necks in trucks in the same chase.
LOL I can find a couple of those for your video!!
Old 04-27-2005, 09:54 AM
rolling

My moms Z R was stolen, and they out ran the cops and lost them, the thievs ditched the car on side of the road (not damaged) ********* caught a week later.

the logic of stealing a ZR in an area where they are very rare, might as well say "here i am come get me!!" hehe
Old 04-27-2005, 10:23 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by rolling
My moms Z R was stolen, and they out ran the cops and lost them, the thievs ditched the car on side of the road (not damaged) ********* caught a week later.

the logic of stealing a ZR in an area where they are very rare, might as well say "here i am come get me!!" hehe
How did they manage to steal the Z? Did you leave the keys in the ignition?
Old 04-27-2005, 10:31 AM
amallari

The only time I voided a cop was when he was on the side of the road and had his radar gun out. I was going 100mph in the Maxima. I was kind of upset with my godson who broke his razor scooter and we had to return it. I was press for time, and so I was going fast. At the last moment he tried to stop me and almost hit him because he was in the fast lane trying to stop me. I felt bad so I pulled over for about 2-3 minutes so he can catch up. No show, proceeded to the store and went home. The Z I would just pull over than get a speeding ticket, rather than running from the cops. I have friends that run from the cops on their sportbikes during the night. That's dangerous!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 12:23 PM
rolling

Originally Posted by taurran
How did they manage to steal the Z? Did you leave the keys in the ignition?
no i said my MOMS ZR was stolen.... a they broke into the house, found the keys and simply drove out of the garage..
Old 04-27-2005, 09:56 PM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by amallari
At the last moment he tried to stop me and almost hit him because he was in the fast lane trying to stop me. !
i knew a guy once that had this kinda thing happen to him. he was doing about 140 somthing in a super suped up civic and the cop pulled out in front of him to do a road block. then when he could not stop in time and had to swerve to miss the cop the cop tried to get him for avoidiing a ploces blockaid. well the company this well not so kids dad owens has some lawyers and they acuataly got the ticket canceled and the cop was suspened with out pay for 90 days. the cop did do a couple of elegal things like clock him from over 1000ft and somthing about the blockade was not legal, and probably a few more things.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:23 AM
NorCal350

how about the fact that he could have killed the kid doing a road bock if he was doing 140, and himself **** thats just plain stupid, did he try and stop the kid earlier (not condoning doing 140)
Old 04-28-2005, 04:05 PM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by NorCal350
how about the fact that he could have killed the kid doing a road bock if he was doing 140, and himself **** thats just plain stupid, did he try and stop the kid earlier (not condoning doing 140)
no i dont think so, i think he was just gunning down that part of the high way, and figured that if the kid was going that fast that he would not be able to catch up after he went by. so i guess he just pulled out on to the road to stop him.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:00 PM
drumbandit

Running from the cops is really retarded. I hope you get caught the next time.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by drumbandit
Running from the cops is really retarded. I hope you get caught the next time.
Wow someone really has a stick in a unmentionable place!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:18 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like on a normal 45 road, ive flew by a cop that was sitting at the U-Turn station gunning people... and was some traffic, and i was being impatient going through it... so i prob passed going about 70... nothing TOO bad... but then the second i went past him in the left lane, and he was sitting there to make a uturn into my direction... his lights went on.. but he couldnt make a uturn right away cause of other cars behind me... so i sped up as much as i could, and then took off and found a neighborhood, went through the roads, then randomly parked in some driveway, and just sat there for a good 5+mins.. then took backroads home .
Old 04-30-2005, 06:06 AM
dh21187

I've been a cop for more than 15 years now and I can tell you it's not worth it to run. Some people do get away but a lot of it is recorded on the digital dash cams. If enough is there to ID you you are going to have a serious problem. I know there are a lot of young people out here who will bash me over this just because I am a cop, but it isn't worth the risk.
There was a chase last Friday in our town which ended pretty badly. The 3 people in the car running crashed into a mother who had her 2 year old child in the car. The chase was called off, but the bad guys didn't know this and continued running 90+ on small town roads. They lost control and struck the woman's car at 90+ plus and both cars went through a guardrail, went airborne, and crashed into trees after going down an embankment and into the woods. Multiple level 1 traumas resulted, except to the bad guy driver of course. He ran away leaving his fellow criminals in the car to die basically. He didn't get away and is now resting comfortably in jail with the rest of his crew who are in the jail's hospital wing. This 7 time loser had just gotten out of jail 2 weeks earlier and he didn't want to back. He won't be getting out anythime soon this time and will hopefully fall under the three strikes law and spend the rest of his life behind bars.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:34 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well noone here technically "ran" from the cops like you are saying... They just didnt wait and stick around to see if the cop was going for them... Iam sure if the cop came up behind them, turned his lights on and said pull over.. they would have.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:46 PM
harrieyu

Originally Posted by dh21187
I've been a cop for more than 15 years now and I can tell you it's not worth it to run. Some people do get away but a lot of it is recorded on the digital dash cams. If enough is there to ID you you are going to have a serious problem. I know there are a lot of young people out here who will bash me over this just because I am a cop, but it isn't worth the risk.
There was a chase last Friday in our town which ended pretty badly. The 3 people in the car running crashed into a mother who had her 2 year old child in the car. The chase was called off, but the bad guys didn't know this and continued running 90+ on small town roads. They lost control and struck the woman's car at 90+ plus and both cars went through a guardrail, went airborne, and crashed into trees after going down an embankment and into the woods. Multiple level 1 traumas resulted, except to the bad guy driver of course. He ran away leaving his fellow criminals in the car to die basically. He didn't get away and is now resting comfortably in jail with the rest of his crew who are in the jail's hospital wing. This 7 time loser had just gotten out of jail 2 weeks earlier and he didn't want to back. He won't be getting out anythime soon this time and will hopefully fall under the three strikes law and spend the rest of his life behind bars.
hi..i live in new city and i remember that a week or two ago. all of new heampstead road was blocked off for hours. i live on cairngorm thats right off joan so i had to detour to get to my house. i just remember hearing sirens constantly the whole day. i almost got used to the sound of it becasue it was going off all day. scary that i live so close to that.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Tenac1ousZ

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
I have a story to tell you guys!!! My mom and I when to pick up my old tires and rims, we went in different vehicles because the guy at discount tires wanted to tighten my lugs! So we get the wheels and we are headed home. I'm in the Z and my mom was behind me in the truck the speed limit is 65mph, so I decide that 76-79mph is a better speed!! So I'm flying and my mom is right behind me!! Suddenly I see her slow down, and I'm thinking whats wrong, I glance to my left across the grass median and there is the cops!!! I see him put over and try to figure a way across the median!!! I'm thinking oh crap what do I do, slow down or not slow down! Suddenly my adrenalin kicks in and I speed up and I start zipping in and out of lanes!! My mom is nowhere to be seen!! Then my brain kicks in and says "Hey you are running from the cops"!! I'm thinking OMG I'm running from the cop, this is kind of exciting!! LOL I kept pushing it for about seven miles and got between a suv and a truck! I slowed down to the speed limit and kept a eye out in my rear view...no mom...no cop!! Six more miles, I make it to my exit and stop at the light, I look three cars back and there is my mom!! LOL the cops never did catch up!!! Now I understand why people run, the adrenalin is just through the roof!!! I now know the true meaning of "Can't stop, won't stop"!!! Has anyone else ever ran from the cops? :: Puts on flame suit just in case::
My legal obligation statement: Running from law enforcement personnel is illegal, dangerous, and, worst of all, morally wrong; I would never do such a thing.

As for my opinion, LOL (you know I don't want you to die Destiny, but it's funny picturing you do this...haha).

Just visualizing the fat Grown Victoria frantically slowing down enough to make a safe U-turn as your Z was already going 70+ on the opposite direction is funny, because it had no chance to catch up! The only way that it would be able to catch up is if it has one of these turbo features: http://poststuff5.entensity.net/0429...turboboost.wmv

Imagine the cop yelling out, "Tarrbo Boost!" as he tries to catch up with your Z.....

But in all seriousness, I've read/seen other people do worst things, such as street racing to the extreme, that not only put their life but other innocent lives on the road at risk as well -- I'm talking about going in and out of lanes and getting inches from other car's bumpers, at the same time doing 80-100mph in a 45 zone, all while the passenger is giving a blow job. I think that is dangerous driving.

But in your situation, I'm glad that you were on the highway and not on city streets, where there are red lights and a lot more people, thus, more chances of you hitting another car.

And as far as illegally running, you weren't in a high-speed police chase, as the police didn't have his lights on (assuming it's true ) and never gave you the signal to pull over in the first place (the only signal was to run like Forest Gump when you saw him make a U-turn....but hey, he could've been making that U-turn for numerous reasons: He might have passed his favorite doughnut shop and needed to make a quick turn-around, as his glucose level is getting dangerously low.... )

I'm glad to hear that at least you knew you were going fast and thought about it while you were doing, because it's a lot worst when you speed and don't know or realize you are flying.

The thing that I'm surprised at -- and am also glad about -- is the fact that your mom didn't kill you when you got home.....

But in the end, you don't have a speeding ticket, your butt is still nice and round because your mom didn't smack the hell out of it with a stick, the police got his doughnut -- I would say cool

Last edited by Tenac1ousZ; 04-30-2005 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by Tenac1ousZ
My legal obligation statement: Running from law enforcement personnel is illegal, dangerous, and, worst of all, morally wrong; I would never do such a thing.

As for my opinion, LOL (you know I don't want you to die Destiny, but it's funny picturing you do this...haha).

Just visualizing the fat Grown Victoria frantically slowing down enough to make a safe U-turn as your Z was already going 70+ on the opposite direction is funny, because it had no chance to catch up! The only way that it would be able to catch up is if it has one of these turbo features: http://poststuff5.entensity.net/0429...turboboost.wmv

Imagine the cop yelling out, "Tarrbo Boost!" as he tries to catch up with your Z.....

But in all seriousness, I've read/seen other people do worst things, such as street racing to the extreme, that not only put their life but other innocent lives on the road at risk as well -- I'm talking about going in and out of lanes and getting inches from other car's bumpers, at the same time doing 80-100mph in a 45 zone, all while the passenger is giving a blow job. I think that is dangerous driving.

But in your situation, I'm glad that you were on the highway and not on city streets, where there are red lights and a lot more people, thus, more chances of you hitting another car.

And as far as illegally running, you weren't in a high-speed police chase, as the police didn't have his lights on (assuming it's true ) and never gave you the signal to pull over in the first place (the only signal was to run like Forest Gump when you saw him make a U-turn....but hey, he could've been making that U-turn for numerous reasons: He might have passed his favorite doughnut shop and needed to make a quick turn-around, as his glucose level is getting dangerously low.... )

I'm glad to hear that at least you knew you were going fast and thought about it while you were doing, because it's a lot worst when you speed and don't know or realize you are flying.

The thing that I'm surprised at -- and am also glad about -- is the fact that your mom didn't kill you when you got home.....

But in the end, you don't have a speeding ticket, your butt is still nice and round because your mom didn't smack the hell out of it with a stick, the police got his doughnut -- I would say cool
ROFLMAO
When I was driving the only thing I could think was "tarrbo boost!!" lmao When I was going from lane to lane I was using my turn signals and there was lots of space between me and everyone else. By the way I wasn't the only one on the highway speeding... I was just the only one that didn't slow down when I saw the cop! Seriously..... Was everyone ok that was in the crash!! I hope so!