Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Have you ever ran?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Destiny350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever ran?

I have a story to tell you guys!!! My mom and I when to pick up my old tires and rims, we went in different vehicles because the guy at discount tires wanted to tighten my lugs! So we get the wheels and we are headed home. I'm in the Z and my mom was behind me in the truck the speed limit is 65mph, so I decide that 76-79mph is a better speed!! So I'm flying and my mom is right behind me!! Suddenly I see her slow down, and I'm thinking whats wrong, I glance to my left across the grass median and there is the cops!!! I see him put over and try to figure a way across the median!!! I'm thinking oh crap what do I do, slow down or not slow down! Suddenly my adrenalin kicks in and I speed up and I start zipping in and out of lanes!! My mom is nowhere to be seen!! Then my brain kicks in and says "Hey you are running from the cops"!! I'm thinking OMG I'm running from the cop, this is kind of exciting!! LOL I kept pushing it for about seven miles and got between a suv and a truck! I slowed down to the speed limit and kept a eye out in my rear view...no mom...no cop!! Six more miles, I make it to my exit and stop at the light, I look three cars back and there is my mom!! LOL the cops never did catch up!!! Now I understand why people run, the adrenalin is just through the roof!!! I now know the true meaning of "Can't stop, won't stop"!!! Has anyone else ever ran from the cops? :: Puts on flame suit just in case::

Last edited by Destiny350Z; 04-18-2005 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Low J.
Banned

ummmmmm....no....(checks the date to make sure it's still not 4/1)
Old 04-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by Low J.
ummmmmm....no....(checks the date to make sure it's still not 4/1)
4/1...hmmmm...is that national somke out day? I don't do that stuff... I just run from the cops!!LOL I really didn't mean to run, the adrenalin was just way too high and once I was thinking clearly I was having fun!!
Old 04-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Qbrozen

i'll admit it. i've done it. not in the Z, though.

3 times that I can recall. Once was when he was trying to pull out of his hiding spot on the highway, but couldn't get a break in traffic, so i nailed it and as i got over a hill, there was an exit. Another time was when this darn kid with his friends was messing with me late at night on an empty highway, so i took it up to 110 with him right behind me. We blew past a cop on the median. He slowed down immediately and pulled over (guess he thought the cop would go easier on him). I took the chance since the cop might be occupied with that kid and accelerated up to 125 till the next exit. The 3rd time, again, the cop couldn't get out due to traffic, but I couldn't get away due to traffic, so he caught up to me. Wound up being nice about it and only gave me a ticket for not having updated the address on my license (of course, he had no idea i would have sped my butt out of there if I could have found a break in traffic).

hey, we were all young once, ya know? I typically drive speeds nowadays that the cops don't even bother me.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:23 AM
ANXIOUZ

Serious? Man, no way I'd run. It would go from a measely traffic violation (which you might get out of) to a felony and chance of losing your dirver's license and car.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Mantis3024

I've never ran or had a reason to run from the cops. My friend did once when I was riding shotgun in his vr4. He was doing well over 110 in a 40 racing an s2000 and his radar went off and saw lights behind him. Turned off his lights, flipped the brake light kill switch, turned into a neighborhood, pulled up some driveway. He told me to get ready to get out and run but the cop whizzed by.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:26 AM
arlingtonz

on time me and a friend were trying to get back to school and we were pusing my integra around 90+, a cop going south bound on 95 (as we were north bound) sees me and hits the lights and tries to squeze through the emergency center sections. Well he almost rolls his car coming around, makes a minivan swerve into the pulloff lane, and then when he snaps his car back he almost plow into the median. I fiugre he is probably pretty pissed, luckily there was an exit so i took it go off immdiately and got to the gas station started pumping gas...he blew right passed us as he lost me for just a second....there was a rush, however I feel ashamed how I may have been responsible for others potential injury
Old 04-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Qbrozen

Originally Posted by maximZ
Serious? Man, no way I'd run. It would go from a measely traffic violation (which you might get out of) to a felony and chance of losing your dirver's license and car.
Well, its not like I visibly ran. I mean, maybe to other folks driving by, but I only did these things when out of cop's sight. Its not like he would be right behind me and I wouldn't pull over or something.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:29 AM
Qbrozen

Originally Posted by arlingtonz
however I feel ashamed how I may have been responsible for others potential injury
well, unless I'm reading it wrong, you did nothing other than speeding (and 90 is typical traffic here in jersey), it was the spastic cop who almost killed himself and others trying to give you a ticket.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Alonjar

mmmm... probably not the best idea... lol. but then again, I've done the same thing. I wasnt weaving through traffic though. Blew by a radar cop, saw him trying to pull out but he got held up by traffic, so I just punched it and hopped off the next exit, drove home on back roads. I certainly didnt get a rush though, I just didnt want a ticket.

Technically, you dont have to stop unless you see the lights come on. If the lights are on, then you're evading.

I wouldnt make a habbit of this. You got real lucky. Normally the cop would have either flew up on your ***, or called ahead and had a cop waiting for you a few miles up the road. Also keep in mind they tend to remember things like people running from them, and if you drive that road every day, theres always the chance they will recognize you. The Z isnt exactly a car that blends in with the crowd.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Destiny350Z

Hahaha no lights....guess I wasn't evading!! No I don't drive that road too often so I think I'm safe!! The only thing I could think about was not getting a ticket...and I figured if I slowed down that would make me look guilty so I kept going!! LoL ok I sped up!! I wasn't indangering peoples lifes by zipping in and out of lanes... I was doing it safely!! And trying to hide at the sametime!! I won't make a habbit of it, the adrenalin was great though!!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:12 AM
triso07

IMO it’s not running from the cops until they are clearly behind you with their lights on. I’ve “avoided” a ticket once or twice myself.

There have been times where I sped past a cop and all of the sudden the sirens came on, and they were speeding up behind me only to pull the guy in front of me over, you never know. It’s all fair game until its clear that they want you … if at that point you make a decision to run … you are running from the cops.

You’re good.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:16 AM
Vlad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I knew I had a chanse I'd run. Traffic cops are parasites of our society so I wouldn't feel guilty at all
Old 04-18-2005, 09:19 AM
apexi97tsi

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
4/1...hmmmm...is that national somke out day? I don't do that stuff... I just run from the cops!!LOL I really didn't mean to run, the adrenalin was just way too high and once I was thinking clearly I was having fun!!
HAHhahaahHA.. I think what Low J. meant was 4/1 as in April fools.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by Vlad
If I knew I had a chanse I'd run. Traffic cops are parasites of our society so I wouldn't feel guilty at all
I when I saw him trying to cross the median I was so gone!!! D@mn cops always sucking the fun out of everything!!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by apexi97tsi
HAHhahaahHA.. I think what Low J. meant was 4/1 as in April fools.
oh.. . lol no April fools jokes here!!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Zexy

What are you stupid??

Hopefully you get pulled over and arrested one day retard. Not worth getting caught after and getting taken to jail. Then it's you who starts crying when thay handcuff you and taken in the back seat of a trooper car.

Last edited by Zexy; 04-18-2005 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:40 AM
triso07

There is always someone who makes a pretentious comment like this.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:43 AM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never ran.

Man I was thinking you'd be wishing the cops got your before your mom got a hold of you.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:43 AM
RED HOT Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have twice and the only reason was one more ticket means no more license.

So here it goes it was christmas eve and it was 11:55pm and I was a bout three miles from wal-mart where I was in formed there was one last X-BOX so I was like F**K it I can make it. So I was behind this POS ford doing 35 on a 45 so I went into the shoulder doing about 65 past a red light (it had just turned red) When I'm passing I look to the left and whats making a left turn a cop. dammit. So I start slowing down and I realize bye bye license so what do I do down shift and bye bye all I can see are sirens in my rearview mirror. I turn into a couple of streets and I was gone. The adrenaline you get is unbelievable and all this happened while my girl is laughing her *** off I thought I was going to get hit or something. No X_BOX by the way.

The other was down the 60 at about 3am I was probably doing 120 in my beamer when off to the shoulder I see a cop turn on its sirens and take off no way in hell is he catching up to 120 so I went for it.

Quick Reply: Have you ever ran?