Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Sponsorship!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 04:40 AM
ZBoater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is one of the reasons I dont like coming to this forum that often. If you read the first post it was very respectful and clear and well written, asking for advice. That is what people come here for. Then read all the freaking LMAO and such posts just making fun and ripping the guy - FOR ASKING A QUESTION??? Guys, we all were new at something once, and we all learned, and that is exactly what this forum is for. So he is getting testy with some of you for being such smart a$$es. Can't blame him. I would have gotten testy much sooner....
Old 04-29-2005, 05:04 AM
del105
15 f125

Originally Posted by russell13
How much was your first car? cause im pretty sure for paying my own way a 350z isnt a bad start so I must have something on the ball! But hey you 20,30,40 year old men have fun ripping on me since I am driving the same car as you!
I'm just going to step out on a limb and guess that daddy is already sponsoring you with a free place to live, and free food. He probably also pays for other things such as car insurance and maintenance. I'm very happy you are "paying" for your car yourself. So what do you do for a job? You have peaked my curiousity.

Personally I didn't give a **** about cars when I was 18, I was paying my way through college.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:18 AM
russell13

hey thanks to sly Z and Zboater for seeing my side of the table. And yea I live at home... Im 18? 95% of my friends who are my age live at home. And no the z is insured under my name has to be we have 4 cars, mommy has a land rover not a altima! , but thanks for asking. and no i dont have a peice of property... yet, but I have invested money into stocks,bonds, and a retirement fund. Yet again thanks for asking. and of coarse my dad had to co-sign for my 350z, what kinda person with sign a 17 year old kid at the time for a brand new 350z? Im not trying to rip on people like most people on the forum, Im just kinda wondering why people have to act like such as$holes? Oh and SlamMan since your gonna try to rip on me! How old are you? What business's do you own? What are your average yearly earnings? oh and isnt it cool that you have so much time to go look on my previous threads? You have that much time on your hands? Wow arent you a really busy guy, Why arent you spending more time with your busineses? Guess your not the big man your trying to portray yourself to be!
Old 04-29-2005, 05:20 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tekneq
russell. im sorry
+2
Old 04-29-2005, 05:41 AM
Chicken

russell13, you're going from naive to pathetic quickly. Just a tip: If you think 20, 30, 40 year olds are jealous of an 18 year old with a base Z that lives at home, you're sadly mistaken. I can assure you of this.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:12 AM
SlamMan

Originally Posted by Chicken
russell13, you're going from naive to pathetic quickly. Just a tip: If you think 20, 30, 40 year olds are jealous of an 18 year old with a base Z that lives at home, you're sadly mistaken. I can assure you of this.
No ****.

26, part owner in printing business, enough to pay the mortgage.

You have 15 posts, I think I can fit that into my busy schedule.

Originally Posted by russel13
Guess your not the big man your trying to portray yourself to be!
Isn't it ironic that you say that to me when it's you who isn't the man you portray your self to be?
Old 04-29-2005, 06:18 AM
ZBoater

You know, it seems odd to me that as older as some of us are in terms of age, our behavior in responding to Russell doesn't reflect that.... This thread has lost all usefulness. Someone asked about getting sponsored, there a couple of useful replies (useful in laying out the facts, not necesarilly getting sponsorship) and a lot of crap. If there was ever a candidate for being locked....
Old 04-29-2005, 06:35 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

well first off, could you fit the amount of appearances that are usually required by sponsors in to your HS schedule?

And figure to start investing lots of money before anyone will even look at you, hell usually when you start to get sponsors, your car will almost be complete. then you will have to change it to add on the sponsor's parts.

I had invested over $25,000 into my MR2. had placed in the top 3 in multiple large drag events (with an autocross car- gotta love bracket racing, but still had one of the top 10 fastest MR2's at the time in the country) and raced autocross/track events almost every other weekend. It wasn't until i started doing really well that people started asking about sponsorship deals.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:36 AM
jdt-

might want to spell check first russell
Old 04-29-2005, 07:24 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

wow to think i asked everybody to lighten up on you russell. you could have been the bigger person and just ignored the post that didn't really help you. granted no one wants to be belittled, but your response to some of the posters is just wrong. your attitude will not go far in the aftermarket industry. which i might say are heavily part of this forum. you just label yourself as an imature, ignorant kid that may not be able to follow through with any sponsorship obligations.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:46 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ZBoater
This thread has lost all usefulness.
Originally Posted by ZBoater
If there was ever a candidate for being locked....
Two of the rare things that I agree with here...