Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Some have asked......lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:23 AM
1z4u2c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some have asked......lawsuit

Here's the link for those of you that are finally seeing the light..
Oh and remember wether you are for or against this suit it does not matter!
let me explain, by virtue of your purchase you "can" be a class member.
You don't have to accept a coupon for an oil change(while the lawyers get millions). You can sue them yourself or try to "lemon law" your own vehicle.
also check out the .pdf complaint
oh, btw for you smart @sses out there that will complain about this being "old news", it's important and "new" for some people....
http://www.sheller.com/Practice.asp?PracticeID=145

Last edited by 1z4u2c; 04-28-2005 at 09:27 AM. Reason: address not working
Old 04-28-2005, 10:11 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bull manure. Nothing with the Zzzz rises to the level of a class action.

People, particularly the attorneys, wanting something for nothing.

Slimbag ambulance chasers. They give good attorneys a bad name.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:22 AM
hfm

I've had my engine and transmission replaced under warranty. Nissan service has been nothing short of exceptional for me. And, there is a TSB and fix offered for those with tire wear problems. I think this kind of class action suit will create potential liability for Nissan that is unnecessary and will only serve to increase their costs of operations. Those costs will be passed onto the consumer.

Nissan has been having some record breaking sales over the past few years and are doing well. But, unnecessary litigation can only hurt consumers. So, I'd say don't get involved with something like this unless you have a legitimate problem that isn't being addressed by Nissan.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:43 AM
digitalwanderer

As long as Nissan keeps taking such good care of me I see no need to be an ******* about it. (My Z is my fourth Nissan in the last 12 years and they have been GREAT about all of them.)
Old 04-28-2005, 11:05 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The problem, at least for me, is that Nissan refuses to honor the TSB, even for an alignment, the 2'nd time around. Although the TSB specifically says that the warranty for front end alignment is extended to 2 years/24,000 miles, they refused to do anything for me at 20,900 miles. They DID replace and align at around 12,000 miles, right after the TSB came out, no questions asked. And the bigger problem is the lack of consistency from dealer to dealer on how they take care of you. Some owners get 2 or 3 replacements and some get none? WTF?
Old 04-28-2005, 12:21 PM
kamz

I'm pretty happy with my Z so I sure don't want to take down the company that gave us this bundle of joy. Law firm just looking to make money.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:04 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Yeah, I really can't complain. They've changed my transmission (and gave me a new clutch), fixed the window grease perfectly, and gave me two new front tires and alignment free of charge. The service guy was a bit defensive and overly confrontational, but I guess they have to deal with a lot of stuff.

>> And the bigger problem is the lack of consistency from dealer to dealer on how they take care of you. Some owners get 2 or 3 replacements and some get none? WTF?

That is really annoying. Just tell everyone here your experiences with certain dealers, so it will cost them business and bring business to the better dealers.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:10 PM
PerfZ

Wasn't the dealers fault, it was the Regional Manager for NNA who declined me. Dealer has to get approval or eat the cost. But still doesn't answer the question of the inconsistencies. And 2 weeks after writing a complaint letter to Consumer Affairs, have not heard a word back, not that I'm surprised.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:31 PM
bstfugtfomrfn

Nothing with the Zzzz rises to the level of a class action.
Whats the level of a class action?

Those costs will be passed onto the consumer.
Lawsuit or no, the costs are already the burden of the consumer. Instead of a one-time upfront cost to re-engineer the front suspension, consumers of 2003-4 Z's must endure a life time of costs on tires.

Not being argumentative, just playing devils advocate.

~AJ
Old 04-28-2005, 06:43 PM
phile

Originally Posted by bstfugtfomrfn

Lawsuit or no, the costs are already the burden of the consumer. Instead of a one-time upfront cost to re-engineer the front suspension, consumers of 2003-4 Z's must endure a life time of costs on tires.

Not being argumentative, just playing devils advocate.

~AJ
good rationale, makes sense.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:08 PM
dh21187

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
Bull manure. Nothing with the Zzzz rises to the level of a class action.

People, particularly the attorneys, wanting something for nothing.

Slimbag ambulance chasers. They give good attorneys a bad name.
You have got to be kidding me....

1-Tires replaced at 9k and alignment correction attempted 4 times now without success. Dealer refuses now to try anymore because NNA will no longer pay for it as they say it never happened in the first place.
2-Car will completely change lanes in about 2 seconds and will go off of the road if not quickly corrected.
3-Dealer refused to replace right suspension compression rod despite TSB from NNA that claims it will fix the problem.
4-Been calling NNA for two weeks with no reply.
5-Navigation door stopped working, right passenger door wouldn't open, tachometer stops working occasionally, clutch chatter sounds like rocks in an empty paint bucket while idling, gas filler door stopped opening, car just up an died on the highway last week, passenger seat moves forward and gets stuck sometimes when soft top opened/closed, shifting into 5th gear doesn't always happen, car occassionally backfires into injection block, and that's just what I can remember.
6-Service guys only fixed, gas filler door, navigation door, and passenger door and damaged it while doing so.
7-They infer I'm making the rest of it up because I don't like the car and don't want it. If they took the heads out of their a55es long enough they might actually realize the car is a piece of **** and should have never left the assembly line.

Miranda Carter, ext 3843, of Nissan just denies everything and refuses to send a Regional guy to even talk to me to verify anything, just lies right to me and says it ain't happening and no one has these problems. I hope Nissan is sued out of business over these cars.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:27 AM
King Tut

Originally Posted by bstfugtfomrfn
People dying and parts falling off the car. Not wear items such as tires wearing quickly. If the tires were blowing up you could do a class action. I agree this class action suit is a joke and will only ever line the pockets of the lawyers running it. Their probably making money off selling your information as well.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:45 AM
LSUturbotiger

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
They give good attorneys a bad name.
There are good attorneys?
Old 04-29-2005, 06:27 AM
PerfZ

dh, it sounds like you got the worst car to ever come off the line, and might have a strong case to make them buy it back. My only gripe is the feathering issue, car does not pull, can put up with the balky fuel door as it opens after 3 or 4 presses of the button, has never failed to run and run well, etc etc. I think we are comparing apples to oranges here, and I wish you the best of luck in making Nissan take it back. Me, I just want new tires and fix for the future.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:34 AM
phile

My problems so far: Grease streaks, windshieldwiper motor wore down to bare metal somehow, tire feathering, trunk button needs to be pressed twice to open (and the second press I need to lift up on it), synchros replaced in tranny, seats are fuzzing up (so cheap).

I havn't gotten the trunk latch fixed yet. I never bothered with the grease streaks because they are infrequent, and I havn'tmentioned the seats yet. For everything else, Nissan took care of me. That's all well and good, but what happens when my tires feather again? Will they replace them a second time around? What if they don't, is that ethical?

It seems like alot of you guys think it's totally ok for tires to unevenly wear out at 5K miles, and have nissan not take care of it. I don't understand that line of thinking. According to tort law it is a manufacturer defect. ALL of these problems are manufacturer defects, and manufacturers are ALWAYS responsible/liable for defects due to improper engineering.

I love the guys who are worried about the costs being passed onto the consumers. THEY ALREADY DO THIS, OTHERWISE THEY WOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS. I would be willing to bet that many of you people who are making these assumptions do not run your own business. I do. And I know if there are major price hikes, I only eat the cost if I believe it will cause a decline in business. Otherwise I pass off my higher costs onto the consumer in the form of minor price hikes across the board.

Last edited by phile; 04-29-2005 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:11 AM
1z4u2c

Default Amen

[QUOTE=phile]
It seems like alot of you guys think it's totally ok for tires to unevenly wear out at 5K miles, and have nissan not take care of it. I don't understand that line of thinking. According to tort law it is a manufacturer defect. ALL of these problems are manufacturer defects, and manufacturers are ALWAYS responsible/liable for defects due to improper engineering.[QUOTE]
I believe most of these forum trolls don't own a z and just get off on posting.(they like to touch themselves while typing)
You're quote above sums it up exactly!
Old 04-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Camel

Originally Posted by 1z4u2c
I believe most of these forum trolls don't own a z and just get off on posting.(they like to touch themselves while typing)
So, let me get this straight. "Most of us" don't own Z's and are trolls... and you expect us to take your posts seriously when you include things like "(they like to touch themselves while typing)". No wonder your Nissan dealer doesn't want to help you.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:51 AM
1z4u2c

Cool ouch

Originally Posted by Camel
So, let me get this straight. "Most of us" don't own Z's and are trolls... and you expect us to take your posts seriously when you include things like "(they like to touch themselves while typing)". No wonder your Nissan dealer doesn't want to help you.
if the shoe fits.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:01 AM
King Tut

Originally Posted by 1z4u2c
That must be me. I love getting called a troll by a guy with 26 posts. Great thread you started here:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....2&page=1&pp=20

Not all of us become members of sites just to complain about the car we decided to buy. Some of us enjoy our 350Zs and can live with tire wear.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Qbrozen

Originally Posted by King Tut
That must be me. I love getting called a troll by a guy with 26 posts. Great thread you started here:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....2&page=1&pp=20

Not all of us become members of sites just to complain about the car we decided to buy. Some of us enjoy our 350Zs and can live with tire wear.

My thinking exactly. 26 posts and everyone else is the troll, right? yeah, good one. by the way, instead of starting new threads like that last one, how about using the 70+ threads already dedicated to the same problem:
https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?searchid=99922