Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Factory to Dealer Incentives

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 05:08 AM
lamaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory to Dealer Incentives

Many times SOME dealers (not all) will have some hush hush deal with Nissan where Nissan gives them a couple extra bucks on the side for selling a Z. Does anybody here have access to this information for a particular dealer?

I've noticed that some out there have been able to buy a Z with a "rebate". I've been searching the national rebates and have found nothing for the past couple of months. I"m keeping my fingers crossed that come August they will be giving some quiet incentives to dealers to get rid of their left over 2005 models.

Does anybody know how to get their hands on this information? I've heard about http://www.fightingchance.com, anybody have some experience with the information sold by this company?

Also I've seen Consumer Reports have a similar service, but it just looks like the same information that is readily available on the web.
http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detailv2.jsp?CONTENT<>cnt_id=17343&FOLDER<>folder_id=17047&b mUID=1119987933176

ThankZ,
-LamaZ
Old 06-29-2005, 07:25 AM
EnthusiastZ

Leftover 2004 Z's have $2000 cash back. The 05's have nothing.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:00 AM
lamaz

The 05's have nothing.
Not yet, but soon...when the 06 models come out.

I really don't trust the 03 - 04 models because of the reported incedents of feathering. I would prefer an '05. What I have yet to decide is 06 vs 05.

06:
+ More power (300HP)
+ Leather trims on doors
+ Euro Tail Lights
+ "Updated" Interior
- Less torque?
- F*n ugly headlights (easy fix by fogging out or something)
- F*n ugly change to lip
Old 06-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Zinmyfuture

Ten plus years experience in the auto leasing business have taught me a great deal. Even if a dealer sells any vehicle "at invoice" they are receiving up to a few thousand dollars from the manufacturer per vehicle they sell. This is known as "holdback".

Don't believe it when a salesperson tells you that the dealership is losing money by selling at or below invoice.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:18 AM
lamaz

My point exactly. I've done my homework. I've already got all of the other information that goes into the "true" price of a car...including the holdback.

Here is a link for the info on the 350Z holdback (Grand Touring Roadster):
http://www.intellichoice.com/reports...icing/type/new

So basically 3%.

I've done the math, but I know that some dealers get some extra "hidden" stuff that nobody knows except for the dealer and some exclusive group of people.

I recomend that anybody shopping for a new car first go to:
http://www.carbuyingtips.com and READ before they get had.

Anyways, back to the point of this thread. Anybody have an insider on these numbers?

Cost of Car = TotalInvoice - Holdback - FactoryToDealerIncentives - FloorplanInterest

I've got the TotalInvoice and Holdback. All I need is to find out what mysterious FactoryToDealerIncentives are active. We already know that the 2004 models have $2000 to help out the dealer. What/when would a 2005 incentive show up?.

-LamaZ
Old 06-29-2005, 11:40 AM
EnthusiastZ

The 05 cash incentive will most likely show up in early 06. Nissan will first offer a low interest rate later this year.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:42 PM
JPsZ

06 will actually have LED taillights, not euro tail lights...
Old 06-30-2005, 05:36 AM
lamaz

06 will actually have LED taillights, not euro tail lights...
OK, I stand corrected. The tailights might not be made in europe, but some people consider LED tailights to be "euro style".

Anyways, as mentioned by EnthusiastZ...the 2004s have incentives. I found a website that will give some info, but it contrasts the info provided in this thread. My guess is that the edmunds website is not up to date....then again I've been known to be wrong (just ask my wife, to her I'm ALWAYS wrong ).

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/incent...ex.html#nissan
http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/Re...s.1.1.*#nissan

The kind of information I was hoping for in this thread is something like:
"XYZ Nissan of <fill in a state> has a deal with Nissan where they get an extra $1000.00 from the factory (on top of Holdback and FloorplanInterest) valid until yesterday"

-LamaZ

Last edited by lamaz; 06-30-2005 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:14 AM
cupcar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to put too fine a point to it but doesn't

Cost of Car= Invoice - Holdback Allowance - Factory to Dealer Incentives + Floorplan Interest.

Isn't "Floorplan Interest" what the dealer pays a bank to loan them the money to floor the cars or a theoretical number that equals the interest lost had the dealer invested the money elsewhere instead of into a car that sat on the lot for the time it did.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:53 AM
lamaz

Originally Posted by cupcar
Cost of Car= Invoice - Holdback Allowance - Factory to Dealer Incentives + Floorplan Interest.
I do believe that you are mistaken. From the information I have read, I understand that the dealer actually gives money back to the dealer to cover the Floorplan Iterest....hence the equation should have it as a '-'.

Here is a link to where I got my info, BTW you did make me do a double check:
http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car4.htm

Under the first section titled: 'How To Read A Factory Invoice'

"...the dealer gets the holdback and floor plan back from the factory after they sell the car..."

Originally Posted by cupcar
Isn't "Floorplan Interest" what the dealer pays a bank to loan them the money to floor the cars or a theoretical number that equals the interest lost had the dealer invested the money elsewhere instead of into a car that sat on the lot for the time it did.
Correct, hence that is why the manufacturer gives some more money back to the dealer (to cover this).
Old 06-30-2005, 06:56 AM
nlsqba

Originally Posted by EnthusiastZ
The 05 cash incentive will most likely show up in early 06. Nissan will first offer a low interest rate later this year.

The thing is there is not a big difference in total cost between low interest rate or a cash bonus . I did the math when I was buying my 04 - there was either 3% or 2k bonus...
Old 06-30-2005, 07:08 AM
cupcar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see, the manufacturer actualy reimburses the dealer for their flooring cost. Hmm, I wonder what the percentage is.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:27 PM
arejohn

Floor plan interest is a nit when compared to other costs the dealer has and it is not appropriate to include it in car cost. It is an expense.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:58 PM
LATEZ

this is true
veh purching price vary from dlr to dlr depending on amount of veh purchase and sold by the dlr. this vary region to region. also service index and consumer affairs index may affect ea dlrs purchase level. a better servcing dlr may be offer 10 z where a poor servicing dlr may only be offer 5 zs
Old 07-01-2005, 06:35 AM
lamaz

OK, how did this thread get skewed into the "How to negotiate car buying, with specific focus on Floor Plan Interest" thread?

I give up on trying to get some insider information on the Factory to Dealer incentives for some dealers. It looks like I'll have to pay the people from www.fightingchance.com and I'll let people here know how good the info is and if it in fact worth the $16.95.

-A defeated LamaZ

Last edited by lamaz; 07-01-2005 at 07:42 AM.