Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Frickin' A55hole decides to do this to me tonight:

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 07:20 AM
Dozer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, sorry to hear that you were put in that situation. That really sucks . You handled it pretty good, considering... I don't know if I would have handled it the same. But I would have definitely left a note of some sort. Dent removal will probably cost you about $60...
Old 07-01-2005, 07:21 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

I'd make an anonymous call to the cops from a phone they can't trace to you and report that you saw the car being stolen. You have the plates, and discription right?
Old 07-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have gone reptilian on his car.

I've got $5 that says it's a bad woman driver - who else would have parked so crappy, not seen it - or having seen it decided that is was too difficult to do better - and then managed to squeeze out of that little gap.

I don't park anywhere where another car would think of parking. When I instruct at UCR I'll park on the top floor of the structure or way off in a corner.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:41 AM
BigMike

I agree, women can't back up a car to save their lives. I think their **** get in the way or something . You could have looked to see if the seat was moved forward.

But seriously, you should have either waited for them to return OR left them a note say you have pictures of their car's position relative to yours and you also have their license number. Tell them they damaged your car and you want them to pay the $80 to have the ding taken out.

But its too late for all of that now. You just have to consider that the majority of people out there aren't car people and wouldn't notice a ding if it was in their skull.

I had a Civic I sold last month and someone did the same thing to me. I wasn't so much worried about the Civic as I was having to squeeze into the car. But I'll tell you one thing, I surely wasn't worried about their door when I opened the Civic to get in it. Even the bible says "an eye for an eye"
Old 07-01-2005, 07:50 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Why would any of you care to leave a note? It's like the moron talking on his cell phone doing 50 on the fast lane. You drive next to him, look at him, gesture to hang up and go faster and another one on his cell phone doing 50 shows up and so on. I wish the DMV would educate driver's of the road more other than the basics.

Paul what do you teach over at UCR? You look like a science teacher or coach.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:55 AM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

All you idiots saying he should have keyed the car deserve to get your own car keyed.

How is that even close to being fair? He inconvenienced you and put a minor ding in your door. So to get revenge, you cause thousands of dollars in damage? What kind of a b!tch ***** with another man's car anyway?

You want revenge, pull out his valve stems completely so that he has to put on his spare or get towed home. Or if you're really pissed, wait for him. Then settle things with your fists if it comes to it.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:01 AM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn bro sorry to hear that=(
I live in an apartment so I also live in fear of other parked cars leaving
me a ding on my doors.

btw, 3 days after I bought my car some moron was streetparking behind me,
got too close and hit my rear bumper and left small screw imprints!
I left so much space in front/back of my car too...some people just are morons...
Too bad I was working and couldn't catch the guy=(
Old 07-01-2005, 08:03 AM
TiPIACE

Originally Posted by Z2000Maximaguy
Dude vandalism is just wrong... I would never key someone's car just because they were a dyck. Of course, if you are going to key a car, never use your own key. Some kid at my high school went around keying a few cars and they proved it was him because there were paint curls stuck to his house key and in his pocket.
great tip......perhaps we should put it in the DIY forum 'how to key some kent's pride n joy'
Old 07-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 984 Likes on 747 Posts

but if you dont teach that person 'their' lesson, theyll just continue to dent other peoples cars, causing a ton of $ damage and not having to pay for it

after the ticket guy shows up and you chat. ask him "are there are cameras to show who parked the car like that." when he replies no then youre all clear. after he writes the ticket, leave and make sure he see you going. come back prepared and have at it.

ding the hell outta the door, key it, flatten the tires, shatter windows, cut brake lines, clog the exhaust, throw cool aid all over the interior, followed by fish oil, curry and gas. let that fukk3r know you mean business. then park and wait for the reaction of a lifetime

so in effect, youd be helping all the other people who got dinged

reason i hate people like that is that ive never had the chance to return the 'favor'. my previous car had been vandalized 3 times in the same parking lot and i got to do nothing about it but pay for repairs.
things they did: it was a 00 sebring conv
slashed my convertible top in two places all the way through the headliner
shattered my windsheild, scrathed paint
bent my anttena up, puked all over the trunk lid
but a week after i owned the car someone put a ding in my driver door, thing was i was at work at the mall, where i had to park at the end of the lot, yet someone managed to park next to me
Old 07-01-2005, 08:21 AM
lane myers

i agree with everyone that two wrongs dont make a right, and i dont think that keying his/her car is jusitified... no matter how good it would have felt.

but you have to admit - to park that close to someone is no accident, if it were an accident in my opnion, the person would have hit your car while backing in (like bumper on your fender type of deal from backing up too wide). this person clearly did this on purpose, they were probably showing off for someone as they werent supposed to be there in there the first place... h3ll they probably took pics of it too on their camera phone and laugh about now (check the lexus forums).

i'm sorry that happened to you, and i know i am going to be pissed to on my first door ding, especailly if it is in the same fashion as this. but thats part of owning a car, and thats part of living in this country, there's stupid careless dumb****s that ruin it for us all from time to time. dont sweat the small stuff, it's not worth your time or energy... but i do agree with the one comment about getting his address and sending him a bill with the photos for your dent repair.

good luck.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:33 AM
gargoyleZ

I agree with Z2000MAXIMAGUY - Vandalism is just wrong! I think you handled it pretty well, and looking from a legal stand point, you "MAY" have saved yourself some grief. Had you done that, it would be possible for someone to have witnessed your revenge and reported you. Remember, someone always sees something, but doesn't always report it (just experience talking).
This has happened to me 2 X already!! both times, I was in a corner space with "NO PARKING" (in a POLICE Parking Lot) behind me, but because these 2 women drivers were running late, they parked in the cross painted lines in their SUV's. Both times they tapped my freshly painted INGS rear bumper, leaving a chip in the paint. 1st person, I knew and she gladly and apologetically paid for the re-spray. 2nd time was a person that only had, maybe a year on, and not even off probation..she proceeded to tell me how she couldn't have hit my car, etc. BS!!! My partner is the one that saw her about 1cm off my rear! OK! so her denial prompted me to go thru her ins co and that ended up being even more of a headache. Nothing solved, ins. denied the claim, because on independent witnesses. Next step Civil Action..not worth my time..
Sorry din't mean to JACK.. RANT.
bottom line is some people care enough to appreciate a nice ride, and others don't even know what they are driving.
Sorry to hear about your DING...I have 3 throughout my vehicle too, and each time I can almost ID the person or car that did it..but I did not witness the action, so I could not prove anything.
Maybe paintless dent removal?
DMV will not release any info to you, unless you are that person. You can report it to your ins co and they can get that info, but then again deductable..You could report it as a hit and run...but again, you would have to prove that she is the one that dinged your car. The question would be "how do we know that ding wasn't there before?" (been thru that one, technicality that got the 2nd person in my story off the hook.)
good luck. sorry for the lengthy post.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:33 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

I doubt the owner cares about the car other than it being a comfortable and luxurious daily driver which will be traded in about 3 years. I think it's the first try at parking while on the cell phone. Not everyone tries more than once while parking.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Bran_BranZ33

i would have done something to his punk *** because he did that **** on purpose.
there is no reason for that. nice door kick would have done nicely. hehehe
Old 07-01-2005, 08:59 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Outlaw
man you should have dug your key into the side of his door, hood, windows, lights, wheels....Then took out a pocket knife and slashed his tires, mirrors, carved a giant (MALE GENETALIA*sp?*) on the back window and door and a **** / kkk sign in his door, and last but not least poke holes all around the shell of his car..........

Two wrongs dont make a right, but damn will it make you laugh. It will also teach that guy a lesson in life...dont ever park 8 inches from another vehicles driver side door.
Now that's gangsta'!!
Old 07-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Aggro_Al

What an a$$. Don't worry karma will come full circle.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:15 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Always have a junky 2nd car as a daily driver. Have something big n' nasty like a old 80's model Chevy Deluxe pick-up. You know, like those yellow ones with the steal chrome bumpers. Start at one end of the parking lot, pick up speed to about 20mph, and ram the side of their car. Just kidding. Thought it sounded nice though.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:18 AM
ppw350Zunit

Originally Posted by Aggro_Al
What an a$$. Don't worry karma will come full circle.
+1
Old 07-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Z'er

I can't believe some of the things I've read on this thread. I thought I would see more class on this forum. I hope you guys that talked about keying and stuff were joking. Especially if you have been keyed before and know how bad it sucks. If you haven't been keyed before and want to key others, then shame on you... I know you would probably cry if your Z got messed with, I know my stomach hurts when I see pictures of keyed Z's around here. I believe in eye for an eye, but you guys are nuts if you think that would make it even. I think you handled that pretty well Z2000Maximaguy. Vandalism is lame, if you have a serious problem with something handle it like a man.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Vertex350

How in da hell did that person get out from that side? You would think they would adjust it as soon as they saw it was parked too close to you... dumb people. I would've gave the car a dent to justify the dent to your car.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:44 AM
cupcar

The guy backed to hide the fact that he didn't have the special sticker-usually placed on the rear- to park there and hoped to get away with it.

Quick Reply: Frickin' A55hole decides to do this to me tonight: