Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeling worn out

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 10:27 AM
chaofun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feeling worn out

Has anyone seen the Top Gear video of the 350z that has Jeremy Clarkson capping on the Z? While a lot of the stuff he says seems to be exaggerated, I think he is a little right about the Z wearing you out when you drive it. Does anyone else feel worn out after the Z for a while? I don't know what it is, but I just feel like the 350z is more tiring to drive for long periods of time than other cars.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:44 AM
EdgeOfSanity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it doesnt wear me out
Old 07-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Vertex350

I've had my '05 for four months and racked up 11k miles. I have to say it's one of the most fun cars I've ever owned. You may feel worn out because you're not used to it yet. Either that or you didn't take your vitamins that morning hehehe.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:24 AM
chaofun

Don't get me wrong: I think the Z is an awesome car to drive. It is really fun. It's not that hard to drive either, with its fairly light clutch and a pretty good shifter.

But there's something about the Z that makes me feel tired after a long drive.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:29 AM
stopgo

I swapped an '03 touring coupe for an '05 roadster last week and my girlfriend and I immediately took it up to L.I. New York (about 250 miles one-way). We were both pleasantly suprised at just how much more comfortable the new car was compared to the coupe. Especially considering that she has some serious back problems which the old Z was very good at exacerbating. The new Z didn't give her a lick of trouble. The same trip in the old car would have required many rest stops.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Machupo

Originally Posted by chaofun
Has anyone seen the Top Gear video of the 350z that has Jeremy Clarkson capping on the Z? While a lot of the stuff he says seems to be exaggerated, I think he is a little right about the Z wearing you out when you drive it. Does anyone else feel worn out after the Z for a while? I don't know what it is, but I just feel like the 350z is more tiring to drive for long periods of time than other cars.
I did a trip from washington DC to leesville, LA only stopping twice for gas and class 1 downloads... had plenty of energy when I arrived to have a bit of a party

that being said, the faster I drive the more energy it takes to maintain that hyperaware status that driving over 100 absolutely requires. maybe you should just slow down and enjoy it? (yeah right!!!)
Old 07-15-2005, 12:23 PM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

My daughter said that I have ruined "ever riding on a roller coaster again". "It will just never be scary anymore".

I think I wear my passengers out.

(Replacing the stock tires with Michelin Pilot Sports made a HUGE difference...highly recommended! )

Last edited by JCat; 07-15-2005 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:33 PM
FCallender

We prefer the Z to our BMW Touring, which is a luxoboat and, of course, holds more. The steering is easy because it likes to stay centered and the motor is quiet in OD. It gets a little less mileage than the Touring but does fine on regular. Storage for two is adequate and we carry a cooler in front of the rear strut brace. It has more leg and hip room than the E36 M3 with lots of cubbies for small gear.
Oh, and I did put Tokico adjustable shocks on which I run at 6. Just enough rebound to let the car absorb small bumps without losing its firm ride The tires are now RE O50's which seem quieter and softer riding than the OEM tires.. Did a 20 hour round trip to KC last week and arrived fresh coming and going. As a test I just let the AC run on auto and, after the big initial rush, it settled down and did well.
I call it a very competent Grand Tourer for two and we are in our early sixties.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Watkins

I know what you mean, I think it has something to do with the fact that unlike in a regular car, you really can't slouch, or move around in the seat, so you are essentially stuck in the seat for however long your trip is in one position, couple that with heavy steering, and well, it wears me out, but around town, or at the track I love the the tightness of the car.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:41 PM
tacomaboy

I have done 2 hour drives in the Z and to me, its actually quite comfortable... so I have to disagree, I dont get tired of driving at all.

My daily commute is almost 60 miles mostly highway. I used to hate it in my Accord, I now love it.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:46 PM
TK2005

Don't get me wrong: I think the Z is an awesome car to drive. It is really fun. It's not that hard to drive either, with its fairly light clutch and a pretty good shifter.

Could it be possible the long drive is making you tired and not the Z?
Old 07-15-2005, 02:29 PM
PDX_Racer

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

The longer the drive, the more energized I feel.

It sure helps when I have a bad day to take a drive in the Z -- it never fails to put a smile on my face. Maybe it's just that you can't have a bad drive when you're driving a bright yellow car.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:55 PM
ZRA

Cool

Try adjusting your seat, forward, back, and adjust the seat back angle and lumbar if you have one. You would be surprized what a mis-adjusted seat could do to you on long trips. Try it.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:02 PM
chaofun

Originally Posted by Watkins
I know what you mean, I think it has something to do with the fact that unlike in a regular car, you really can't slouch, or move around in the seat, so you are essentially stuck in the seat for however long your trip is in one position, couple that with heavy steering, and well, it wears me out, but around town, or at the track I love the the tightness of the car.
Yaaa. I love the tightness of the car too.