Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Hahaha Funny Story,Nissan Service?really a service?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 10:10 AM
dekidex1977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hahaha Funny Story,Nissan Service?really a service?

So i decide to take my 2 month old Track Edition to the service department,and have them check out why my shifter gets stuck between gears sometimes(from 2nd to 3rd when shifting fast at higher rpms)and for the axle ticking.

So i'm there and i tell him about my tranny problem,and while i'm having a nice conversation,i ask him....so you had many tranny's replaced on the Z's?
He says something like...

What do you mean,we never ever!!had to replace a tranny on a 350Z!these are bullet proof!
Then he continues on telling me that the automatic tranny's he had to replace a few times!...ok!?

So basically i tell so wait,you're trying to tell me you know nothing about the famous transmission issues the Z has?I know of many people who are on their 2nd or even 3rd tranny!

He tells me....
Oh are you hanging around those forums? is that where you get your info from!

So i go like...ok!no problem,so what about the tire issues!?
So he continues about how he maybe had one or two cars with the tire issues,but after an alignment everything was peachy!

So i get back to my problem,and ask him...so wait!basically you know nothing about the tranny problems,and basically you gonna drive my car around the block,and the car will drive nice,(because you do need to drive the car for a while before anything hapens,and it will only hapen one out of 3 times)and then you gonna call me the end of the day and say you found nothing,and tell me to come pick up the car:??

He says,

We never drive the cars longer than a few minutes,and if it's nothing then we close the report.

So what do i do,i ask....should i just dirve it and when it hapens,i should just pull over and call AAA and have the car towed over here so that you can see what it is?so what are you here for?You want me to fix it my self too?

He says....
Yeah you wanna do that?that's fine,and then he starts writing that in his report!!!

I tell him,yo!bring my car back!i would never leave it here,and he's like ok that's fine,he radios the porter to bring the car and i'm off!

I mean seriously!!is this how some people do business?this is ridiculous!This is by far the worst customer service i have experienced!

I went off to Santa Monica Nissan,and they knew right away what i was talkin about,and stated they replaced many transmissions before,along with many sets of tires!I guess i will leave my car there!

But isn't this ridiculous how many people complain about the Nissan Service Dept?
They need to improve a lot,other wise i have a feeling people will not consider geting anymore Nissans!
I know i won't///

BTW.
This all hapend at Miller Nissan Van Nuys!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:17 AM
tacomaboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its so wierd how different some dealers are...

one of my dealers laughed at me when I said I read on the net that a lot of people were having seat shifting problems. He said he had never hear of it and there was no TSB...
Old 07-28-2005, 11:08 AM
RED HOT Z

this is some bullshat same shat I'm dealing with NISSAN NORTH AMERICA needs to get in these forums and do some faucken research!!!

I'm tired of my car not performing the way it should and noone wanting to fix it.

I'm getting to the point where I want a new car!!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:20 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

I think some of you guys keep confusing car dealers with your mommies.

There are good ones & bad ones.......Nissan or otherwise.

It is your job to determine the good ones.

Quite whinning & do your homework.

dekidix1977 did it just right.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:53 AM
RED HOT Z

^^ yeah I took it to One of the good ones and they didnt do anything
Old 07-28-2005, 12:41 PM
cvt

i live in woodland hills and there is a miller nissan just 2 miles form my house....i drive 40 miles to performance nissan for all my service work....i know many are probably sick of people saying performance is the best but they are quite knowledgable and i wouldn't trust my car with anyone else...
Old 07-28-2005, 12:51 PM
PanoZZZ

Yeah lets do reseach and see who's the best dealer. WTF?!?!? Everyone that buys a nissan Z is new to the car. They don't know jack about customer service. What we should have in this site is a thread of all the Dealers in California, or in your area, and give them a rating. That seems like a good idea, to give the new comers an idea on where to get their service instead of saying, "Hey buddy, i'm not fixing your problem for you, but i'll laugh at you for thinking we can. HAHAHAHAHA!"

I remember when i went to look at the nissan 350Z the first year it came out 2003. The only thing the salesperson can say to me is

"You know what's cool about this car?"

i'm like, "What?"

He said, "It's rear-wheel drive, and 287hp!!!"

Then I'll say, "Wow, i'll call you when you're ready to talk mature about this."
Old 07-28-2005, 04:42 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by dekidex1977
...They need to improve a lot,other wise i have a feeling people will not consider geting anymore Nissans!
I know i won't///
this is my first and my last nissan, i found a good dealership but its absolutly rediculous that i have to drive over an hour to get to it in houston. The dealerships near me are worthless and I pretty much had the same experience as you. But i was told my transmission is a road racing transmission and its supposed to grind like that.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

which dealership is that in Houston? Could it be Sterling McCall Nissan?
Old 07-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey 1977,

I had a similar encounter with my Nissan dealer in Santa Rosa CA about 5 years ago.

I brought my truck (Under warranty) in to have them listen to the noise in the rear axle and the service guy, acted like he didn't even want to talk to me about it, like he was too busy. I had dropped the truck off earlier in the morning for them to listen to it and he said they didnt hear anything. So I more or less showed severe dissapointment and more or less by the tone of my voice forced him to get in and LISTEN to it as I drove.

Long story short I finally get him to go for a ride with me and it made the noise. Needless to say he more or less said well if it's running ok there is nothing we can do, since it runs. I was like ummm doood define RUNS OK!! It sounds like **** and is about to fall apart.

I was like so WTF am I suppose to do wait till it breaks and have it towed in? He said something like well if that's what you need to do.

I wanted to key every MF'ing car on their F%$#ing lot!

What is really sad is they changed ownership a few months ago and because of how I was treated if I do buy a Z it will not be in Santa Rosa.

That was the last time I ever set foot on that lot until a few months ago to "look" at a Z because I was too lazy to drive 20 miles to Petaluma, just to take a peek.

A few weeks later the truck came to a grinding, tire squeeling hault in the middle of an intersection. I was able to floor it grind some more shi!t to limp it all the way thru, then it Died at the corner gas station. The rear end froze up soild. I ended up paying about $1,000 out of my own pocket to have a tranny place fix the gears in the rear end.

I hope the new owners go belly up too.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:15 PM
dekidex1977

Default hello

I think this thred might turn out to be actually usefull,when reading all the negative feedback you guys post.

I think after a while when there is enough comments posted i will forward this whole thred to Miller Nissan and to other delaers that were discussed as being not co-operative,and how we the forum comunity do share our toughts and concerns,and that we are knowledgable about the product we own!

Maybe it will open up their eyes a little bit?what do you Guys think?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Mr_Q

Originally Posted by dekidex1977
BTW.
This all hapend at Miller Nissan Van Nuys!
Heh, sorry man. Wish I could've warned you. There is ONE decent guy there in service and that's all. The rest are a bunch fecal slurp'in clown F'rs.

As always, make the drive to Performance Nissan in Duarte, CA.

I went there for a simple latch replacement in my center console. I HAD gone to Miller but they anally toad F'd me over so bad I drove out to Perf Nissan once again. Shame on me.

When I arrived I had no way of getting back to work so I was planning on hanging out all day. Not Performance Nissan's fault, I worked nearly 1hr away.

Anyway, even though their service bay was SLAMMED with cars they got me out in under 3 hours. That was frick'in amazing! I actually got to work by lunch, way earlier than I was expecting.

Peformance Nissan ROCKS THE WORLD!!!

P.S. Did I miss any emoticons?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:10 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by Apexi350z
which dealership is that in Houston? Could it be Sterling McCall Nissan?
it was robins nissan on 59, i take my car to baker jackson nissan on 290 now.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:19 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about that...

Hope to see you at Performance NISSAN soon!

1434 Buena Vista St
Duarte CA 91010

Where the 210 and 605 meet...
Old 07-29-2005, 01:56 AM
Firehawk

It's not the dealership. It is the people that work there. Most dealerships have high turnover rates, so one "dealership" that was good one week can be bad the next, and vice versa. The ones that have a long term staff, especially managers that care, is the place to do business with. Also, no manufacterer is immune from this problem. Another thing is that dealerships can be bought, even thought the name does not change, and policies can be implemented to screw the customer out of money.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:25 AM
xNeo

Hey anyone from Mass, or NH that knows a good Nissan Dealership. I plan on buying an 06 so hopefully some of the problems will be solved, but I have a feeling the didn’t redesign the trany. I've had my bad luck with dealers in the past such as Grava Jeep/Mitsubishi (Medford Mass), would NEVER buy a car from there again. So I'm just looking to avoid any bad dealerships if I can.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:36 AM
TK2005

Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
it was robins nissan on 59, i take my car to baker jackson nissan on 290 now.
That's good to know. Baker Jackson Nissan on 290 is real close to me. Champion Nissan On I-10 is the closest but they pulled the same crap as the OP situation. They call me every week to see if I got my Z yet and I question them and they are like, "Transmission problem???? Must have been someone that doesn't even own a Z that told you that" or "axle-clicking???? it's rear wheel drive, not front wheel drive". I about lost my mind on that last one. Too bad Baker Jackson never has any Z's out there. They either sell fast or they never have any.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:03 AM
tware

one time I picked up the my previous Nissan after a service visit, my ticket had 'couldnt replicate problem". It was easy to hear, I insisted a drive with the tech. After about 1-2 mins of the noise, I ask if he hears that. He says no.. I'm WTF?! You dont hear that?! Seriously! Nope.. I finally get very incredulous and say if you dont want to do service my car, just tell me.. dont waste my time like this. Then the tech admitted he had a bad head cold and couldnt hear anything for the last 2 weeks. Needless to say, I got my repairs finally.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:06 AM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by TK2005
That's good to know. Baker Jackson Nissan on 290 is real close to me. Champion Nissan On I-10 is the closest but they pulled the same crap as the OP situation. They call me every week to see if I got my Z yet and I question them and they are like, "Transmission problem???? Must have been someone that doesn't even own a Z that told you that" or "axle-clicking???? it's rear wheel drive, not front wheel drive". I about lost my mind on that last one. Too bad Baker Jackson never has any Z's out there. They either sell fast or they never have any.
everytime i pull up to their service bay i see a row of about 6-8 z's waiting to be sold.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Leslie

We also have to give a kudo to Performance Nissan, we bought or Z there and do all service there as well, good fast and friendly service, no real complaints cept for the slight pull right thing that we took in twice, its a little better but still does it.

Jason I PM'ed you