Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do you carry a gun in your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 05:55 AM
GalvatronType_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carrying a gun in your car is a personal choice, there are benefits and drawbacks to it so it's up to you.

On a side note, no offense, but if you're going to give someone the bird, you ought to man up and expect a reply. Sure, that guy you're talking about probably went too far but if you don't want a crazy person on your butt, don't flip the bird in the first place.

Remember, "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."
Old 09-09-2006, 03:07 PM
zdotcom

Just the two hanging off my shoulders!
Old 09-10-2006, 05:31 PM
C4talyst

It's not difficult for people on either side of the fence to come up with reasons why you should or should not carry a gun. What it really boils down to is the kind of person you are. Are you knowledgeable of firearms. Do you have experience shooting? Any formal training?

I've been carrying concealed for five years here in Virginia. I grew up owning firearms so having one around is not a big deal for me. I know statistically I will probably never encounter a violent crime. I also know statistically if I were to, there would likely be no police around at the time.

Common sense and my past experiences tell me it's ok if I want to arm myself...that doesn't apply to everyone though...especially people who are reacting to a situation and have no firearms experience.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:42 PM
BigRez
Banned

lol i say u guys stop being ****** and fite like real men
Old 09-10-2006, 05:50 PM
C4talyst

Originally Posted by Blue Komodo
I find this a little scary.
That's because guns scare you...
Old 09-10-2006, 05:52 PM
C4talyst

Originally Posted by BigRez
I'm not afraid to fight like a "real man". I have some training in that regard as well. Being of a realistic mindset and having above average common sense, I know the value of being capable of protecting home and family.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:10 PM
C4talyst

Originally Posted by Racer Z
BUT YOU WILL GET ASSAULT WITH DEADLY WEAPON CHARGES + CHARGES FOR PULLING OUT A FIREARM IN A PUBLIC PLACE.

You'll have HEAVY FINES TO PAY and POSSIBLY JAIL TIME, DEPENDING ON THE STATE.

I live in NJ, which ISN'T a "Gun-Friendly" State, I'd hate to face a judge with the above scenario in mind....I just might be in a orange jumpsuit and handcuffs when I get to the court room.
The only true thing you said was NJ isn't a gun-friendly state. Everything you typed in all caps is nothing more than your opinion of what _could_ possibly happen. Truth is, neither you nor I know what would happen in such a situation. In all reality, if the driver had shot that guy, he could have gone home with no charges after making his statement to the police. A little less likely since I think that video was shot in California, but here in VA, I would've been sent home w/ piece in hand.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:20 PM
C4talyst

Originally Posted by usmanasif
hmm...that term seems like an oxymoron to me!
Then you don't know what the term "oxymoron" means. I suggest Dictionary.com, it's very useful. If you do actually know what that word means, you are implying anyone who owns a gun is irresponsible, which just proves your igonorance beyond any reasonable doubt.

I've met so many gun-haters who cannot think past "guns are bad". I ask them why and their answer is "guns are bad". I ask them how we can make society safer through adopting firarms policy and their answer is "guns are bad". These people are not "thinkers", which is why their opinions are not valid in any way. They are good for removing trash from my curb twice a week and pumping gas for me.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:24 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would expect no different answer from someone in CA. Do you live in SanFrancisco by chance?
Old 09-10-2006, 06:26 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C4talyst
Then you don't know what the term "oxymoron" means. I suggest Dictionary.com, it's very useful. If you do actually know what that word means, you are implying anyone who owns a gun is irresponsible, which just proves your igonorance beyond any reasonable doubt.

I've met so many gun-haters who cannot think past "guns are bad". I ask them why and their answer is "guns are bad". I ask them how we can make society safer through adopting firarms policy and their answer is "guns are bad". These people are not "thinkers", which is why their opinions are not valid in any way. They are good for removing trash from my curb twice a week and pumping gas for me.
You're an ARFCommer, aren't you?
Old 09-10-2006, 06:50 PM
zYouLater

I carry a 950,000 volt stun gun, a 44 mag. and a can off pepper spray. These are my weapons of choice and I do the choosing, based upon the situation that confronts me. I wish no one any ill will and really prefer to talk my way out of a uncomfortable situation. I'm retired U.S. Army Airborne Ranger and will defend my family, property and take what ever measures needed to do so.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Ky Z

You're an idiot.

And stop typing like your twelve years old.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:14 PM
C4talyst

Originally Posted by kcobean
You're an ARFCommer, aren't you?
Hehehe, have been for several years...love that site.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:40 PM
zYouLater

A Kentucky hillbilly has a moment of ignorance to share with us.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Ky Z

Originally Posted by zYouLater
A Kentucky hillbilly has a moment of ignorance to share with us.

Take it this was directed towards me?
Old 09-10-2006, 10:28 PM
C4talyst

Default Woman in wheelchair shoots alleged mugger

Woman in wheelchair shoots alleged mugger

NEW YORK - Margaret Johnson's wheelchair might have made her look like an easy target. But when a mugger tried to grab a chain off her neck Friday, the 56-year-old pulled out her licensed .357 pistol and shot him, police said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Johnson said she was in Harlem on her way to a shooting range when the man, identified by police as 45-year-old Deron Johnson, came up from behind and went for the chain.

"There's not much to it," she said in a brief interview. "Somebody tried to mug me, and I shot him."

Deron Johnson was taken to Harlem Hospital with a single bullet wound in the elbow, police said. He faces a robbery charge, said Lt. John Grimpel, a police spokesman.

Margaret Johnson, who lives in Harlem, has a permit for the weapon and does not face charges, Grimpel said. She also was taken to the hospital with minor injuries and later released.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/wheelchair_shooter

Hehehe...
Old 09-10-2006, 11:38 PM
the7ferret

I cannot believe that this thread is STILL GOING!
Old 09-11-2006, 06:21 PM
clos350Z

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Been thinking about putting a gun in the glove box. I always feel like I'm gonna get jacked. The other day while trying to find a parking spot at the mall I was stopped because a person was crossing the street and some moron kept honking his horn for me to go so I gave him the bird. Didn't think nothing of it until when I was about to park this moron I gave the bird to decide's to get out of the car with a crowbar (at first I thought he had a gun). He comes up to my window and starts banging on it so hard yelling at me to get out. I thought he was gonna break the window so I high tailed it out of there before any damage was done to the car.

***** scared the heck out of me and wish I had a gun with me at the time. Is it hard to get a permit to carry a concealed weapon in a car?
DUDE...I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED...I LIVE IN FLORIDA...IT WAS CAKE TO GET MY CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT....TOOK A LITTLE CLASS..THEN GOT FINGER PRINTED FOR A BACKGROUND CHECK..AS LONG AS YOU ARE PRETTY CLEAR FOR THE bg CHECK..YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROB...
Old 09-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Marbleshade

I carry a Springfield Micro-Compact (.45 ACP) on my person at all times that it is legal, so I usually have one in my car since it's on me.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:59 AM
clos350Z

GLOCK 9MM....SWEET..16 IN MAG...1 IN CHAMBER...ALWAYS AT LEAST 4 IN IT...BUT REMEMBER PEOPLE...IF IT'S GOING TO BE ON YOU...IT BETTER BE CONCEALED....MEANING NOT VISIBLE AT ALL!!! the minute someone can tell that you got a gun...you've violated the concealed part of it all and you can be in some trouble.
And you cannot shoot someone running from you...even if they stole something....at leasst if you want a chance to be aquitted. DO NOT SHOOT UNLESS YOU ARE IN FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE....Believe it or not even if you were in fear for your life and you shot someone,then the cops get there and you are telling them how mad you were that they broke into your house and you shot them....you might be screwed...gotta be str8 out of fear..Can't shoot out of anger..anyway..there is too much to this...go take a class people..get educated..i dont want any idiot carrying out there...A flick of the finger aint worth a second of my life let alone my entire life..
enough said...this thread has been shot up like a mo' fo'. END IT!

Quick Reply: Do you carry a gun in your Z?