Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do you carry a gun in your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 03:21 AM
shiva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kalima275Z
As far as better society, you're talking to the people who left your society peacefully, then told you to shove your queen up your @ss, and then finally, kicked the crap out of you to ensure you stay on your tiny little island. And the funny thing is, throughout the history of your crap @ss country, the majority of your time is spent bowing to an inbred group of losers who your entire country chooses to serve even though they won't even let your water companies use fluoride in the public water........hence your fugly grills. Care for some crumpets and tea? Cheers chap.
Where did this come from?

Oh, and flouride is communist. Haven't you seen Dr. Strangelove?
Old 11-18-2005, 04:06 AM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ha!!!! I told myself never to watch anymore Stanley Kubric after I watched 2001 Space Odyssey.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shiva
Where did this come from?

Oh, and flouride is communist. Haven't you seen Dr. Strangelove?
They want to contaminate our precious bodily fluids!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Mind_yo_bizness

Don't put it in your glove box...It'll be hell to get at in a pinch....LOL
Old 12-12-2005, 03:51 PM
misterite

Default lojack

just lojack your car
Old 12-13-2005, 06:17 AM
eraz3r

Every time i fire my springfield xd-40 i wish we had conceal carry here in illinois... sadly i live in a state with some of the most draconian gun laws... funny enough, laws that were supposed to reduce gun crime and gun crime has only gone up... go figure.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:09 AM
Fear Night

I've carried one on me for a few years. As long as you're over 21 and have no felonies you should have no trouble getting your conceal carry license.

90% of the time all it will take is them to see you with a gun and they will run away. There is always that small chance that somebody is crazy enough to charge you with a knife (or crowbar, in this case) even after seeing you have a gun. This is the only situation that you are justified in using it.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:17 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eraz3r
Every time i fire my springfield xd-40 i wish we had conceal carry here in illinois... sadly i live in a state with some of the most draconian gun laws... funny enough, laws that were supposed to reduce gun crime and gun crime has only gone up... go figure.
Yep, the statistics show that if you make guns illegal, gun related crimes go up every time. When will the politicians figure out that criminals are called criminals because they don't obey the law and making CCW illegal just assures the criminals that their victims are dis-armed. So frustrating. I've been a CCW permit holder for years and carry everywhere I go that is permitted by law or policy. It's the responsible thing to do.

The XD is a nice gun though
Old 12-13-2005, 07:25 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Fear Night
I've carried one on me for a few years. As long as you're over 21 and have no felonies you should have no trouble getting your conceal carry license.

90% of the time all it will take is them to see you with a gun and they will run away. There is always that small chance that somebody is crazy enough to charge you with a knife (or crowbar, in this case) even after seeing you have a gun. This is the only situation that you are justified in using it.
Every state is different in their laws about obtaining and using a concealed weapon. Just as a brief example, most states don't have a "stand your ground" clause and require you to attempt to flee before justifying the draw of a weapon. Other states (like Virginia) don't. That said, if you choose to carry, it's important to study the law and/or take a class that is tailored towards CCW carry. Misunderstanding your rights to carry/use could land you in jail.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:35 AM
Fear Night

Originally Posted by kcobean
Every state is different in their laws about obtaining and using a concealed weapon. Just as a brief example, most states don't have a "stand your ground" clause and require you to attempt to flee before justifying the draw of a weapon. Other states (like Virginia) don't. That said, if you choose to carry, it's important to study the law and/or take a class that is tailored towards CCW carry. Misunderstanding your rights to carry/use could land you in jail.
True, didn't think about that. The first step will be to look over your state's laws. Alabama is fairly lenient as you can imagine.

Also, your CCW might not be honored if you leave your state. I do know that an AL CCW will be honored in TN and vica versa.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:40 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by paulsmansfield
They have a gun so you have a gun, they think you have a gun so they shoot you or you think they have a gun so you shoot them or you have a gun and so you antagonise a situation to a point where you need to shoot someone, what a fricked up place america is!! I know you view it as your right as an american to blow someones head to bits but surely a culture where guns are very hard to get hold of is a better society to live in.
The Founding Fathers of America have a fundamental disagreement with you.

You've never been the victim of a violent crime or you'd certainly know the value of self defense. 20 years ago in San Deigo - a very clean and fairly safe city not known for it's crime culture - I had the cause to call the police. Seems a drug deal had gone wrong and one fool was chasing another around with a baseball bat attempting to kill the preson. At the time I did not own a firearm so I dialed 9-1-1 and along with half a dozen other people explained to the police dispatchers the scene unfolding before us. The second fool was only slightly faster than the first one so the baseball bat ended up smashing the doors, walls,and one rather large plate glass window as the two ran screaming around the apartment complex. After about three or four minutes the guy managed to get away - I think they just ran out of energy actually.

20 minutes later the police showed up. In 20 minutes the first guy would have had time to beat the guy into hamburger, form patties, cook them up, served them up, and be busy doing the dishes. The police are only there to take the report afterwards and to catch the few criminals dumb enough to leave enough evidence behind. How many times do you hear of a bandit caught after thier 15th or 20th bank robbery?

I'm not willing to be a victim nor let my family be one either. Here in this country we give a limited power to the government ... not the other way around. We have retained our ability to defend ourselves not trusting some government employee to be there when the time comes to defend one's life. There will always be those who live a violent and evil life - with or without firearms - but criminals knowing that their potential victims are armed have a moment to pause for a firearm is a very great equalizer.

If Saint Peter came down to earth this afternoon and blew a magic horn and every firearm ever invented were to disappear - every muzzle loading black powder weapon to every navy cruiser 5" canon then I've got $10 that says by this time tomorrow Los Angeles will have recorded it's first drive-by spear chucking and at least a dozen liquor store robberies with a club. Guns don't cause crime and guns don't kill people ... people kill people. In America hands and feet continue to be the most popular method of assualt by a far margin yet nobody is calling for thier control. Like in England where there is now a call for control over kitchen knives (I kid you not) there are those here who would disarm America ... except for that pesky little corner stone of our very Constitution called the Second Amendment.

I can't imagine being a grown man and not being responsible for myself.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:40 AM
nameIess

Originally Posted by Diesel350
until when I was about to park this moron I gave the bird to decide's to get out of the car with a crowbar (at first I thought he had a gun). He comes up to my window and starts banging on it so hard yelling at me to get out. I thought he was gonna break the window so I high tailed it out of there before any damage was done to the car.
Thats exactly why you shouldn't keep a gun in ur car. Cuz if you did at that time, you probably would've used it...

I would recommend keeping a teaser or something. I wish they sell those here, I would've bought one and kept it in my car. At the moment I have a short ambrella that looks like a batton. Its enough to make morons go away when they come too close :P
Old 12-13-2005, 07:47 AM
Low J.
Banned

Originally Posted by nameIess
Thats exactly why you shouldn't keep a gun in ur car. Cuz if you did at that time, you probably would've used it...

And rightly so.....if he reasonably thought the guy was coming at him with a gun then shooting him makes perfect sense. I'd rather take my chances with a jury then take my chances with what might be a shotgun about to unload in my face.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:01 AM
DayBlueZ

Fear Night, we have reciprocity with most states that have CCW.
http://www.ago.state.al.us/ag_items.cfm?Issue=64

Amen, Paul350z!

Tasers are also goverened. They also can kill.
If you are carrying a taser then you are in effect trying to protect yourself. Why would you not use the most effective weapon to do so when your life is at risk?

http://www.taser.org/laws.html
Old 12-13-2005, 08:13 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
You've never been the victim of a violent crime or you'd certainly know the value of self defense. 20 years ago in San Deigo - a very clean and fairly safe city not known for it's crime culture - I had the cause to call the police. Seems a drug deal had gone wrong and one fool was chasing another around with a baseball bat attempting to kill the preson. At the time I did not own a firearm so I dialed 9-1-1 and along with half a dozen other people explained to the police dispatchers the scene unfolding before us. The second fool was only slightly faster than the first one so the baseball bat ended up smashing the doors, walls,and one rather large plate glass window as the two ran screaming around the apartment complex. After about three or four minutes the guy managed to get away - I think they just ran out of energy actually.

20 minutes later the police showed up. In 20 minutes the first guy would have had time to beat the guy into hamburger, form patties, cook them up, served them up, and be busy doing the dishes. The police are only there to take the report afterwards and to catch the few criminals dumb enough to leave enough evidence behind. How many times do you hear of a bandit caught after thier 15th or 20th bank robbery?
At the risk of sounding like I disagree with you (which is something I have yet to do), if you had injected yourself into the situation you describe above with a gun to prevent fool #1 from beating fool #2 with the bat, you would likely have been charged with a felony of some sort, and if you shot and killed fool #1, you'd likely go to jail. The purpose of owning a weapon (and more specifically carrying that weapon concealed) is to protect yourself and your loved ones from harm. It is not to act as a LEO in the absence of LE presence. Now if fools #1 and #2 had come crashing through your door and were running around in your apartment, it's open season, but "in the apartment complex" is outside your domain. Reluctantly, I think I would have stayed clear of the fools altercation regardless of my weapons status and called the police as you did.

When gun owners start taking the law into their own hands, that's when the anti-gunners will win the war to disarm America.

For what it's worth, I agree with every other point in your post.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:19 AM
beaunewcomb

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Has anyone thought that if you carry a gun in your car and someone breaks into it... they get everything in your car as well as the gun! That's like putting another gun onto the streets to be used for carjacking or who knows what else! >_<;;
IF someone breaks into my car while I'm gone and can find my gun in time, so be it. it's up to the police to get the car back at that point anyway.

If i'm in the car at the time?? Good ****ING luck getting my gun buddy.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:19 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Low J.
And rightly so.....if he reasonably thought the guy was coming at him with a gun then shooting him makes perfect sense. I'd rather take my chances with a jury then take my chances with what might be a shotgun about to unload in my face.
Per the post in question, the poster said "crowbar", not gun...this very situation has been discussed on some gun forums of which I am a member. It's almost universally agreed upon that shooting someone for beating on your window with crowbar in hand would be defined as "deadly force in defense of property", which in most states is not allowed. They also agreed that once a window is broken or a door opened, they have entered your domain and your defense is justified.

I know it's a huge gray area and it can be argued both ways. The responsible American in me says if you've lost your presence of mind enough to be beating on my window, then I have reason to believe that you intend to do serious bodily harm to me or my family, but the law often doesn't see it that way.

This is just one more argument for taking a class about defensive handgun use if you own a gun.

Peace.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:22 AM
350Z007

Originally Posted by kcobean
Per the post in question, the poster said "crowbar", not gun...this very situation has been discussed on some gun forums of which I am a member. It's almost universally agreed upon that shooting someone for beating on your window with crowbar in hand would be defined as "deadly force in defense of property", which in most states is not allowed. They also agreed that once a window is broken or a door opened, they have entered your domain and your defense is justified.

I know it's a huge gray area and it can be argued both ways. The responsible American in me says if you've lost your presence of mind enough to be beating on my window, then I have reason to believe that you intend to do serious bodily harm to me or my family, but the law often doesn't see it that way.

This is just one more argument for taking a class about defensive handgun use if you own a gun.

Peace.
Shoot em and drag em into the house. Problem solved.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:22 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by beaunewcomb
IF someone breaks into my car while I'm gone and can find my gun in time, so be it. it's up to the police to get the car back at that point anyway.

If i'm in the car at the time?? Good ****ING luck getting my gun buddy.
I agree, however the down side is that now you've put another gun into illegal hands. If that gun is used to kill someone, you, indirectly, are responsible for that persons death through your negligence in securing your weapon. That's why it is best if your state allows it to carry a concealed weapon. That way, when you leave the car, your gun leaves the car.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:25 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by 350Z007
Shoot em and drag em into the house. Problem solved.
LOL...And when the police see the blood trail leading up to the body from elsewhere, Bubba will get a new girlfriend.

Quick Reply: Do you carry a gun in your Z?