Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do you carry a gun in your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do you carry a gun in your Z?

Been thinking about putting a gun in the glove box. I always feel like I'm gonna get jacked. The other day while trying to find a parking spot at the mall I was stopped because a person was crossing the street and some moron kept honking his horn for me to go so I gave him the bird. Didn't think nothing of it until when I was about to park this moron I gave the bird to decide's to get out of the car with a crowbar (at first I thought he had a gun). He comes up to my window and starts banging on it so hard yelling at me to get out. I thought he was gonna break the window so I high tailed it out of there before any damage was done to the car.

***** scared the heck out of me and wish I had a gun with me at the time. Is it hard to get a permit to carry a concealed weapon in a car?
Old 09-02-2005, 06:52 PM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

In Georgia you do not need a license to carry in your car. Your car is an extension of your home. It is VERY easy to get a license to carry. It is just a form you fill out at your county office.

http://www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/georgia
Old 09-02-2005, 06:54 PM
ZRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Check with your local enforcement in Atlanta. There are procedures you have to follow to get a permit.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:09 PM
chemicalviper

thats ridiculous ... you guys are nuts.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:20 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Carrying a gun is stupid. If you use it the very BEST result is your going to be arrested & have to pay an attorney thousands of dollars & hope he can convince authorities you acted properly in killing/wounding someone. I dont about the rest of y'all but I've got better things to do with my time and money.

At best carry a large container of pepper spray...fogger type.

As soon as you respond emotionally to some idiotic moron, you just passed contol of a situation to that person. Why would anyone do that? Your best response was to not give the finger.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:27 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wassup yo yo

in mah hood we be carrying the gats wit us all over yo. Da Z is da boooooomb wit da gats foo. Put it in da cubby yo. Gat those foos down....werd up yo brotha man

Old 09-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Low J.
Banned

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
Carrying a gun is stupid. If you use it the very BEST result is your going to be arrested & have to pay an attorney thousands of dollars & hope he can convince authorities you acted properly in killing/wounding someone. I dont about the rest of y'all but I've got better things to do with my time and money.

No, carrying a gun is very very smart. Use common sense and know the law and you'll have the peace of mind of having protection for you and yours when you need it. If that guy did try to use deadly force on you (a crowbar) you could use it back on him and be within your rights. I always carry in my Z.....I have the cupholder insert removed from the compartment under the center armrest and that's where I store my gun. It fits 4 CD cases and a compact 9mm quite nicely. Definitely get a gun and some training and join the ranks of responsible armed citizens.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:33 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

No but I gave it serious thought. Car thieves want your car. I’m not about to get in a shoot out for a car: its not worth my life.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Lerxst

Not a chance. However, there's an extremely low chance of carjacking here and I never flip anyone off as there aren't any other redline track Zs in the city... too easy to identify and scratch the heck out of later.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:50 PM
ZlleH

Has anyone thought that if you carry a gun in your car and someone breaks into it... they get everything in your car as well as the gun! That's like putting another gun onto the streets to be used for carjacking or who knows what else! >_<;;
Old 09-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Navygold

As soon as you respond emotionally to some idiotic moron, you just passed contol of a situation to that person. Why would anyone do that? Your best response was to not give the finger.
Um, guy...have you been seeing what's going on New Orleans? I don't live there, but I'm a few short hours away, and because of my job, I'll always live on the coast. Having a gun is not always stupid in every case. Sorry, I digress.

I agree, using a firearm to protect your property is stupid. Granted, the Bill of Rights gives us the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (which has been shown to mean property). Anyway, I still think it's a bad idea. I don't want someone's death on my mind for the rest of my life because that person wanted my stuff.

Now, going back to this New Orleans silliness. People are being shot at for no good reason. Doctors, police, fireman...just being shot because, well, I have no idea why. The homes of the haves are being invaded by the havenots, and violently. Guess what...I'm a have. I'm not going to sit around while someone wants to kill me for having food and water. I'll share it, no problem, but if you break down my door and start firing rounds, I'm going to have something to say about it.

That doesn't really address the original situation, though, does it? In this particular case, I would have to agree with you. THIS guy having a gun would be a bad idea. Someone who can't control his temper enough to realize that giving someone the finger in a parking lot is a bad idea probably shouldn't own a gun.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:59 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maryland you can only get a gun permit if you, Have 3 threat like reports ON FILE, carry LOTS of money, or if you're high up in the gov chain. Sure they vote NO to guns however they cary their own.

www.marylandshallissue.org

anyhwo,

I transport guns often, but will not take a chance to "carry" a gun. If you're the type of person to give someone the bird becuase they honked at you I for one do not want to see you with a gun. What would have happened if you did have a gun? Sounds like a news story waiting to happen.

Guns are great when used for the right reasons, theres a time and a place for a gun. IMO a mad guy in a parking lot with a crow bar is not one unless you have no other way out.

Bottom line a gun should never be used unless you truly believe your life or your families life is in danger.

This is coming from a gun nut.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:11 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Navygold, NO is in anarchy. In that situation I would carry in a heartbeat IF I had no other choice but to be there.

My "stupid" comment was meant for normal everyday life situations but I did not make that clear.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:18 PM
The Mike

Too many of the wrong people have guns. It's about time that some of the right people carry guns too for protection from the a-holes running around threatening lives because they are whacked out of their mind. So yeah, I agree that you should get a permit and carry one for your protection and in the instance of somebody beating your window and carrying a crowbar that seems like "fear for one's life" to me... you should of pulled it out and if he backed down call the cops *citizen's arrest* and file charges on his ***. If he didn't back down put a cap in him. Wait for the cops and resolve the issue legally. Weren't there others in the parking lot who would coaberate your story?

Edit: Eh.. I know "coaberate" isn't the right word... damn dictionary.com if you don't know the right spelling you can't find the word in the first place.

Last edited by The Mike; 09-02-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:40 PM
CelticPride2

What he said...carrying a gun all the time "just in case" just sounds like a means of unnecessarily inviting trouble to happen.

"I will not carry a gun, Frank. When I got thrown into this war I had a clear understanding with the Pentagon: no guns. I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia, I'll even 'hari-kari' if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun!"

--Hawkeye Pierce
Old 09-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Low J.
Banned

Originally Posted by CelticPride2
What he said...carrying a gun all the time "just in case" just sounds like a means of unnecessarily inviting trouble to happen.
Only if you're in imbalanced idiotic hothead. Responsible gun owners like myself to everything to avoid trouble. Nobody should even know you're carrying unless you're going to use it to defend a life and there's no way to avoid it. Using it be tough or to threaten is moronic.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:57 PM
boma

I don't carry gun, but I carry a small can of pepper spray in my driver's side door cubby. It'll work for those bums that want my money. haha.

I'm not sure about owning a gun yet myself, but my good friend's mom had to shoot someone that broke into their house (my friend was only a kid at the time). The guy didn't live, but him, his mom, and his sister were fine. The funny thing is that I never hear anything about guns, when I talk to his mom. I can tell she's a responsible gun owner.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:04 PM
jmcmorante

Hmmm........Never thought about discussing this in the forums but all I will say is that you would be suprised how much defense equipment I carry in my vehicles, specially the Z. I'm from South America and have been introduced since an early age to someones own protection from persoanl experience due to my families invovement in politics down in Peru and Colombia.

Lets just say that I myself get scared of having to get into a confrontation because the reality is that if I use any of my defensive equipment or methids I may end up in more trouble than the agressor.

Hmm. Interesting subject.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've carried illegally in California for 20 years and legally in Washington for four more. California has a maximum $200 fine for first time violation of CCW - you'll get hit with $301 for running a red light.

I do not recommend just tossing a firearm into a car and driving around looking for a reason to pull it out. In your crowbar issue you set yourself up for failure by flipping the guy off and then not noticing that he was coming at you. Given the choice between a .45 and a 3200 pound car I'll take the car every time.

I was in the military for nearly 24 years and have trained endlessly in weapon use. I've studied more than a few books on the issue of self defense and the use of a firearm in doing so. Most state require that you be in fear for your life prior to shooting someone. In a carjacking I would argue that I would be in fear for my life as normally the felon is going to commit the grand theft with a deadly weapon of some sort. Shooting some guy driving off with your car after you left it running in front of the KFC isn't legal - except in Texas after dark

I have never once had the occasion to use my firearm while CCW. Around the BLM camp site I've had two cases where having a firearm might have just saved me from getting robbed/beaten by a group of two men the first time, and four the second time.

While I CCW I find that I'm the most mellow of people. I am also the most aware and cautious of men too. There are plenty of places where CCW would be not smart as you'd a high risk of a bad decision - bars and clubs come to mind pretty quickly.

Last holiday I was out driving the Z when two under educated and over alcohol-ed drivers in a truck decided to run the stop sign and cut me off while. I saw them coming and started braking down from my legal 45 mph down to 35 mph. I would have t-boned them perfectly if I hadn't had slowed down and then come to a complete stop as they ran the sign. They took offense to my horn blasting and slammed it into reverse to chase me going back wards - toward cars coming at them driving the right way in their lane.

Once they turned around they started chasing me and my wife. It was pretty crowded in the Z with the four of us - me, the wife, and Smith & Wesson. Rather than confront the mullet wearing toothless fools who were holding their beer bottles out the window trying to get close enough to throw them at me I drove to the nearest entrance to the local military base where if they had followed me they could deal with the MP's and their M-16's.

If anyone is interested in getting some technical advice on firearms I would highly recommend this web site: AR-15.com as it's the largest gun related board on the planet.

Firearms are not for cowboys or fools - nor are they limited to just gangbangers and dopers.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Navygold

Rat...I think one or both of us is misunderstanding the other. I agree with you. Carrying every day, all the time is going over the line. I wouldn't do it. I guarantee you, though, that when the next natural hurricane hits Pensacola (it's been a few weeks, I think we're due soon), I will have a firearm on me when I leave the house.

And this is coming from a guy who until last week saw no good reason to own a gun. On that note...

I told my GF about my decision and she started freaking out. Among her concerns were "what about safety training and learning to shoot?" She seemed pretty surprised to learn that I, being a member of the ARMED forces, had actually shot many types of firearms. Now if only I could get my hands on that M-60 I shot...that would be nice for when a mob is outside my house peppering my walls with gunfire trying to keep me from getting to my plane so I can fly in and help people.

j/k...an M-60 has no place anywhere near an urban or suburban environment...too much penetration too far away.

Speaking of which...if you guys are all concerned about home protection and don't intend to pack heat when you go to the mall, don't go all gangsta and get a pistol. Again, too much penetration (of walls and such), especially if you live in an apartment. Get a shotgun instead. Hell, the sound alone of racking the pump action would be enough to make most home intruders **** their pants.

Quick Reply: Do you carry a gun in your Z?