2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do you carry a gun in your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Monsta
And don't turn this one into another color thread. I think we have enough of those goin around since the hurricane.
You're the first one to mention it. The color had nothing to do with my point of asking it to be posted, the point was it's some crazy dude going to work on someone's car, while they are in it, with a crowbar and they are stuck in traffic.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:50 AM
DayBlueZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I carry a weapon on me at all times.
Most states have a reciprocity law with Al.
My firearm is always in the vehicle i drive.
I always have my Emerson Commander on me.
When in my Z, my firearm stays in the thingie they give you that hangs on the back of the passenger seat. It's in a great position for access.
And i agree with the old saying,
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"
Old 09-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Hogstar

Originally Posted by MRballer350z
What are the CA laws in carrying a weapon in your car? Permit required? Legal Age? Anyone know where I can find a link to view the rules and regulations?

CCW in Calif.???? Forget it. This is a Liberal state, don't you watch TV?

I carry when I feel I need to, depends where I go. It's better to carry a "SIX" than to be carried by six (something like that???). I've been doing this for over 30 years. I know when my life or property is in danger, real danger. Then and only then will I step up to that line.
Sometimes it's just better to leave. If you have a temper then study a martial art. It relieves tension and when the time comes to kick butt it's more fun. Choose your weapon. But, choose to live and fight another day.

Please donate to the Katrina victims, they are Americans after all.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:15 PM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sentry65
wassup yo yo

in mah hood we be carrying the gats wit us all over yo. Da Z is da boooooomb wit da gats foo. Put it in da cubby yo. Gat those foos down....werd up yo brotha man

Thaty was pretty ganster of you until you said "cubby"....hahaha. The gangster cubby......foo.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:32 PM
TK2005

Originally Posted by Diesel350
How the hell is carrying a gun in my car stupid? What should I do next time some crazy lunatic is banging on my car door or worse yet pulls me out and beats me with a bat? If I had a gun in my car my intention would be never to shoot someone to kill but more of a scare tactic. When someone is looking down the barrell of a gun their attitude changes real quick. I'd point the gun at him and nicely say backoff and walk away.
That is your first mistake right there. In gun safety courses they teach you that accepting a gun into your life is accepting the fact that you may kill someone someday. If you can't live with the fact that you may kill someone then you may as well not bother buying the gun. That's why I don't carry. I'll hunt and fish but that is the extent of my killing.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:28 PM
lowtempo

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

no . dont need one. guns are meant to kill people and id never do that to anyone.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:33 PM
MajorWoody

2nd Amendment of the US constitution says we have the right to keep and bear arms. So yes, I carry a gun. I'd rather have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Last edited by MajorWoody; 09-03-2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Fletch69z

Don' flip people off and you won't have to worry about them coming after you. I have a fast car so I can get away if I have too.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by Fletch69z
Don' flip people off and you won't have to worry about them coming after you. I have a fast car so I can get away if I have too.
+1. It is the root of all trouble.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:00 PM
greenkoolaid

Flipping people off is stupid. People feel because they are in their car that they are safe and can freely flip somebody the bird. How many of these same people would flip somebody off walking down the sidewalk, probably not many.

This guy taught you a lesson and you should learn it well. If you flip someone off you are picking a fight. Just because you are in your getaway car doesn't make you safe. What if he had a gun? Would you having one make you safe? Maybe not. Just don't flip people off and carrying a gun in your car so you can feel safe flipping people off is stupid.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:09 PM
LiterLeaner

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
At best carry a large container of pepper spray...fogger type.

Your best response was to not give the finger.

Although I agree with your point on NOT GIVING SOMEONE THE FINGER (Grow up and deal with your emotions)... Telling someone to carry pepperspray is one of the worst ideas yet, and fogger makes it twice as bad. Being in law enforcement, I have sprayed and been sprayed enough times to appreciate the simple rule that pepperspray is only as effective as its user and its target. Foggers tend to blow back and if you ARE NOT PREPARED to deal with 2million plus on the heat index you will be in worse shape then the person you are trying to hit. Not to mention that in a stressful situation you are more likely to fumble with the canister unless you have trained on its deployment method.

As for keeping a firearm in the vehicle, I do simply because I am not going to wish I had one if someone that I have sent away decides to settle some type of score while I am not expecting it.

I do not recommend ever pulling a firearm or keeping one as a SECURITY BLANKET because if someone is better trained there is a great chance the only thing you will do is arm your attacker.

Its all nice and well to think you can do some great move but in actual events you have a very very small timespan to react and deal with your situation.

Anyway that you look at it, the best option is to avoid the confrontation all together.

Liter
Old 09-03-2005, 03:42 PM
LugZ

Originally Posted by sentry65
wassup yo yo

in mah hood we be carrying the gats wit us all over yo. Da Z is da boooooomb wit da gats foo. Put it in da cubby yo. Gat those foos down....werd up yo brotha man

I had trouble reading this..am I the only one??
Old 09-03-2005, 04:26 PM
DayBlueZ

Originally Posted by lowtempo
no . dont need one. guns are meant to kill people and id never do that to anyone.
And you are what most law enforcement agencies refer to as a "Statistic"

I would not hesitate to kill someone who is trying to kill me. I would not hesitate to put a stop to an assailant, whatever it takes, who intended to do me or anyone, including you, bodily harm.
Don't forget, a baseball bat and a golf club can end someone’s life also. As well as knives and swords. Heck, anything can be a weapon if used in that manner.
Guns are not meant to kill people. Weapons are intended for many purposes. Yes, they can end a persons life but, not without a human on the other side of it. Guns DO NOT kill people. People kill people.
I have left one of my guns on the counter for weeks at a time and you know what, it NEVER moved, it NEVER committed a crime and it NEVER killed anyone. I even drew a line around it and made sure it didn't move.

But, this is America and you are entitled to do whatever you want. That even includes not defending your loved ones or yourself from a would be attacker. Just bow down and do whatever they want. NOONE has EVER been killed doing whatever an attacker says.

Disarming legal weapons carriers and civilians IS NOT an answer, it is the beginning of the end. Read up on that A$$Hat Hitler. That is how he started his dominance.

Also, people attack more places than on the highway. Flipping people off IS NOT the only thing that makes criminals attack. Sometimes running away IS NOT an option. Sometimes running away will get you SHOT IN THE BACK. You can not stay in a safe place your whole life. Danger is EVERYWHERE. Even the mall, schools, soccer games, McDonalds, Bus stations, trains, courtrooms and yes, even outside a police station.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Lerxst

Truely an enjoyable debate... While the thought of owning a gun seems very foreign to me, I have not lived in the US so I do not have an opinion of whether it's appropriate to carry a gun living there. From what I've read, it sounds like it is, which is unfortunate for such a developed country.

I do have a few questions/thoughts I'd like to share:

1) From what I've read, the 2nd amendment was to arm the American population against a British invasion, no? If so, is the British still a threat to US independance?

2) Guns vs knives vs etc.. With guns you can kill from a distance on a split-second whim. Knives, etc... you need to be in close proximity with a calculated intent. For me, that's a significant difference.

3) I agree disarming legal gun carriers is not the answer. The answer is to create a society where no one feels the need to carry a gun. However, paranoia has played a significant role in the development of American culture since the beginning and would be very difficult to change now... IMHO

4) I have read up on "that Hitler" fellow... From what I recall, his rise to dominance came from assassinating all of his political rivals.

5) DayBlueZ, come visit us up in Canada for a vacation from the danger. But please leave your gun at home.

Cheers... stay safe!
Old 09-03-2005, 05:47 PM
DayBlueZ

Yea, you guys have it worse than Kommiefornia.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

That means all attacking governments and people, not just the brits.

In a crowded bus terminal, an edged weapon can be just as deadly as a pistol, if not more so due to reloading time and noise that draws attention to the attacker.

Humans all have the trait to be evil within them. There is no such thing as a totally safe society. It's not paranoia, it's crime that has brought it to this.

Hitler started out with confiscating all weapons so there would not be a rise from within his own country.

If i can not protect myself and have to rely on someone else to do it, i'll stay here thx.
Come on down and we'll show you how to make big and beautiful explosions and very loud noises.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Hogstar

+1
Old 09-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Lerxst

My interpretation of Amendment II was the creation of some form of armed forces to protect the state. I don't see any mention of the protection of an individual. As well, with the army, navy, air force, etc... there is no necessity for the second ammendment... based on my interpretation.

I don't disagree with the bus terminal scenario. We can throw all sorts of examples back and forth regarding guns vs. weapons, so I'll digress so I can go hit the bar tonight...

I don't subscribe to the "evil trait" philosophy. We are shaped by the world around us (although there are a few exceptions, due mental imbalances, etc..) . Crime did bring it to this. But why is there the crime? Let's eliminate the reasoning that people have to commit crimes? Again... much too long of a philisophical debate to type out...

Good point on Hitler. However, that action was piece of a much larger puzzle. A lot more that gun restrictions would have to occur for us to head down a similar path... and I would think that we could identify it before it does.

That's my point... coming up here, you won't need to protect yourself.

I'd love to come visit... oh wait... I'll have to get my passport to cross the border cuz I might be a terrorist! Oh boy... now this is gonna start a new debate.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Someone post that link of the guy bashing that PT cruiser with a crowbar for RatBoy.
As requested: Gangsta'+Crack+Crowbar = Bad Day for a PT Cruiser
Old 09-03-2005, 09:12 PM
510dat

1) From what I've read, the 2nd amendment was to arm the American population against a British invasion, no? If so, is the British still a threat to US independance?
back when they wrote that (1789-ish), the US couldn't afford a standing army. (which was true until about 1900 or so) Therefore, the only real deterrant we had was all the locals and their rifles. In most european nations of the day, owning your own gun was a wild luxury that really wasn't possible; only the local nobility could afford to equip their forces with guns. Over here in the Wild West (or western New York, same thing then) it was a necessity for survival.

Since then the tradition has continued, and now we expect the right to carry.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:17 PM
510dat

Gangsta'+Crack+Crowbar = Bad Day for a PT Cruiser
no, I don't know what you're sayin' ****. I can't understand a word you're sayin', ****.

Quick Reply: Do you carry a gun in your Z?