2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast and Furious 3

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 02:43 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This movie hasn't even come out yet and it's already negatively affected me.

My roomate was scheduled to go look and purchase a 240sx at a local dealership. He's wanted one for so long and it was going to be a nice project.

Dealer calls an hour before their scheduled appointment. "Sorry someone from Universal came and gave us an offer we couldn't refuse for their Fast and Furious movie."
Old 09-25-2005, 02:53 AM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by whap
the best way to make a good movie about import cars. is to keep it real

honestly when an asian person has the chance to direct a movie
he should try to help the asian brothers out. but noooo he sold out to mainstream and how people view asians as only ching chong kung fu flicks

if i saw that justin lin guy. id beat the bricks off him
btw he sucks and that movie he directe sucked too
Even though I agree with you on how mainstream likes to portray Asians, I can give a flying shiet how many of us appear in the "Slow and Serious". (Hell, the third installment will have a whole country of asian folks with it's setting in Tokyo )

The import culture has always, and OBVIOUSLY, been a predominantly "asian" scene so they don't have to "entice" anymore Asian kids into this subculture. It's become such a big American subculture, that Rob Cohen and Universal wanted to diversify so they could make the most money from everyone.

I remember when the first one came out, all sorts of suburban caucasian kids in my neighborhood abandoned their pickup-truck aspirations to lower and add fart-can pipes on their mom's civics or accords. It had that kind of impact.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:35 AM
whap
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^

not a good impact

more crashes , more speed racers , lot more rich kids spending mommy and daddy money then dying after street racing.

also the cops attention is the attention i do not want

and if the import scene is .. was predominantly asian. why arent the actors asian?? cant even have 2 ?

who cares if the setting is in toyko?
its a damn black rapper playin the main roles come on now
not being racist in anyway but the way hollywood is...they are soooo racist !
Old 09-25-2005, 05:44 PM
oren

the actors arent asian casue 15 yr old kids that think they are black dont wanna watch asians, otherwise they'd be watching initial D. lets not forget the ppl behind this film dont care about accuracy, they care about cash.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:56 PM
taurran

Yeah, I was hoping to buy a 240sx within the next few years. Looks like I might as well buy a used porsche now...
Old 09-26-2005, 07:35 AM
Kanyon71

Originally Posted by whap
^

not a good impact

more crashes , more speed racers , lot more rich kids spending mommy and daddy money then dying after street racing.

also the cops attention is the attention i do not want

and if the import scene is .. was predominantly asian. why arent the actors asian?? cant even have 2 ?

who cares if the setting is in toyko?
its a damn black rapper playin the main roles come on now
not being racist in anyway but the way hollywood is...they are soooo racist !
I thought the guy who drove the s2000, his cousin and their wole crew was asian? I know his whole crew didn't have major parts but him and his cousin where in the movie just about the same amount.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:43 AM
babbagandu

Originally Posted by tonywenzel
Anyone else completely upset by the fact they may use our car as the lead car? I mean this movie series is a huge embarrassment to the REAL car culture that exists out there. The hollywood interpretation of the drift scene is almost guaranteed to give the actual thing a bad name and on top of that have our Z associated with it.

I am disgusted.

i was thinking the exact same thing. i hope this is not true. imagine everbody going to see the movie and seeing a riced out lime green Z with 20" chrome rims, a huge body kit, red neons, flame vinyls, a 10" wide muffler and a 15 foot wing in the back.

Last edited by babbagandu; 09-26-2005 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:08 AM
AdrenalineFX51

Great, now I'm going to get the "Oh you just got that car because it was in the Fast and the Furious."

It isn't like there is a big difference in 05s and 06s (to the untrained eye at least.) Gotta slap 2005 somewhere on my car now so they know. =/
Old 09-26-2005, 11:17 AM
mavtais

Not only did they shoot Nitrous Oxide into their engines, but they also shot NOS into their heads. That's why they get the blurring lights and tracers. "Whoa!"

Hollywood should go with the 2006 Eclipse, so as not to deface a true sports car. Keichi Tsuchiya should not allow 3 Fast 3 Furious to cover his domain of expertise!!!! Kei always makes fun of big body kits and ridiculous wings. This is blasphemy!
Old 09-26-2005, 11:27 AM
frenzy757

back the first page, the first movie certainly did not hurt the image of the supra and rx7 at all....since most ricers cant afford them i dont think we will see many riced out supras or Rx7s. Same goes with the Evo and Skyline in the second movie...eclipses were already riced out before that movie so that didnt matter. 350z are also kinda pricey, pricey enough that the super ricers probably cant get it (hopefully)....cant say the same for the 240sx, we will probably see more of those on the streets all body kitted *sp out with loud *** mufflers. Oh well time will tell, but i dont think the 350z is ruined.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:44 AM
mavtais

But drifting should not be ruined! Because of the first two movies, there have been some terrible car accidents in Fresno California due to dumb-asses drag racing. Innocent people died in many of those accidents. Just don't want another reason to creep around corners and intersections.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:05 PM
NightRida

Wow, I cant beleive the response this stupid topic of the 3rd fast and furious movie has received! Maybe this movie might do good afterwards? Most of the audience might be the Z crowd!
Peace!
Old 09-26-2005, 09:14 PM
InSaNeZ

Maybe I am being too optimistic, but I think it might not be as bad as everyone thinks. Of course don't drive ur Zs to the theater because a lot of idiots will be roaming the streets afterwards.
It'll be interesting to see the street scene after that movie hits.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:00 PM
FLZ_Boy

Originally Posted by InSaNeZ
Maybe I am being too optimistic, but I think it might not be as bad as everyone thinks. Of course don't drive ur Zs to the theater because a lot of idiots will be roaming the streets afterwards.
It'll be interesting to see the street scene after that movie hits.
I doubt there will be alot more Z's on the road considering the price is out of reach for most young kids. Even used Z's are not that cheap.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:06 PM
oren

ull be surprised, when an items hot (popular not stolen) ppl will do anything to get it, whether it be spending savings or begging mommy and daddy, these kids will find a way.