Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Drove an A/T for the first time yesterday....

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 07:08 AM
SnakeBitten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 6 speed Z is my daily driver...Barely have it 2 1/2 months and I have 2400miles on it....I work in Manhattan...All over....No where else is as congested as Manhattan....Doesnt bother me one bit...MT 4 lyfe yo.....MT separates the men from the AT boysssss. Hey.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Cuore_alfa

So the Enzo is not a really Sport car? i know is a electro-hidraulic clutch (Cambio Corsa/Selessped) designed by magneti marelli, but it don`t have 3 pedals, IMO the stick trans time is over, Nissan lack in this department, both transmission suck AT an MT.

Mine is auto, and i don`t consider th Zs a really sport car, the elise is a true sport car if you ask me...
Old 11-12-2005, 07:09 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MANUAL CARS ARE SPORTS CARS!!! Automatic sports cars are for girls.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:11 AM
D350Z10

Originally Posted by Cuore_alfa
So the Enzo is not a really Sport car? i know is a electro-hidraulic clutch (Cambio Corsa/Selessped) designed by magneti marelli, but it don`t have 3 pedals, IMO the stick trans time is over, Nissan lack in this department, both transmission suck AT an MT.

Mine is auto, and i don`t consider th Zs a really sport car, the elise is a true sport car if you ask me...
Not true " F-1 shifting is ALOT DIFFERENT THAN SMT, it is exactly like manual, you have to find the gears in wont do it for you. Also all of the euro class racing"f-1" all use this method. You can't compare f-1 to smt its like comparing a ferrari to a ford pinto... simple and easy.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:20 AM
SnakeBitten

You are ...I guess because you feel that way its the way it is..Forget facts...The SMG and its like are evolutions of the MT tranny..Its not an automatic so get over it...If the Z came with SMG I would probably still have bought the MT just because I love shifting the classic sportscar way even if I would be slower than an SMG equipped Z. Im sick of whiny people that get their feeling hurt from hearing the truth. Thats why threads like this will always pop up. Fact is the MT version of a sportscar is the true sportscar...AT is a compromise for the posers and nothing is wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks. Just deal with it..

As for your last sentence...Get a clue.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:21 AM
abyss

lol so what is it another grocery getter?
Old 11-12-2005, 07:36 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is trying to describe the way people drive. We can all argue about what is behind the way it works until kingdon come.

He is trying to point out at the end of the day, the difference on the outside of both car is the clutch since the AT has steptronic or whatever you want to call it. So then the arguement is put to the clutch. So he is trying to point out that high end sports cars do not have a third pedal anymore. So what is really the difference disregarding the technology working inside the car...

Manual, you have a third pedal and a shift stick. Atuomatic, you don't have a third pedal but you still have a shifter/padal/whatever.

Personally, After reading these threads, It seems the criteria to be the "man" instead of the "*****" means that you have to put others down for their choice and call them insulting names to make yourself feel more like a stud.

Next you'll be calling people switching from typewriters to computers pussies. "I can't believe they just press ENTER to go to the next line, what pussies, we typewriter owners do the old fashion way, move the rollers back like a true man! GROAWL!

Originally Posted by D350Z10
Not true " F-1 shifting is ALOT DIFFERENT THAN SMT, it is exactly like manual, you have to find the gears in wont do it for you. Also all of the euro class racing"f-1" all use this method. You can't compare f-1 to smt its like comparing a ferrari to a ford pinto... simple and easy.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:42 AM
SnakeBitten

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Personally, After reading these threads, It seems the criteria to be the "man" instead of the "*****" means that you have to put others down for their choice and call them insulting names to make yourself feel more like a stud.

Next you'll be calling people switching from typewriters to computers pussies. "I can't believe they just press ENTER to go to the next line, what pussies, we typewriter owners do the old fashion way, move the rollers back like a true man! GROAWL!
Thank you Ricki Lake....I see the light now. Why listen to the TRUTH or deal with FACTS when I can just tell myself whatever I need to to make myself feel better about my choices....Yay..I dont have to listen to anyone or anything anymore especially if they dont agree with my outlook....I feel soooo free now...
Old 11-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
blah blah blah ... I will never regret my choice again....

Houston doesn't have half the traffic of Los Angeles on its best day and my daddy can beat up your daddy!

PS: pu$$ys shoot 9mm, real men use the .45 ACP.

Old 11-12-2005, 07:51 AM
ZlleH

Once again, you prove my point. There is a way to debate and tell the "truth" as you put it without being insulting and calling people names. Riki Lake doesn't need to tell you this, it is just common courtesy. Something you should have been taught when growing up. Not from a TV talk show hostess.

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
Thank you Ricki Lake....I see the light now. Why listen to the TRUTH or deal with FACTS when I can just tell myself whatever I need to to make myself feel better about my choices....Yay..I dont have to listen to anyone or anything anymore especially if they dont agree with my outlook....I feel soooo free now...
Old 11-12-2005, 08:06 AM
SnakeBitten

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Once again, you prove my point. There is a way to debate and tell the "truth" as you put it without being insulting and calling people names. Riki Lake doesn't need to tell you this, it is just common courtesy. Something you should have been taught when growing up. Not from a TV talk show hostess.
Get a thick skin it will cut down on your whining and getting all hurt when someone is being sarcastic or just messing with you or stating facts that dont agree with your rose colored, pc view of life. People like you want an anticeptic world devoid of any kind of wit because somebody will get huuurt. Sugarcoat the facts or you may hurt his/her feelings. Fact is MT equipped car[in whatever form, ie SMG] will always be considered the true sportscar. Autos are for the masses and MT will always be geared towards the driving enthusiasts..Even if the AT happened to be faster in a straightline the MT version will be more driver involving and offer a more rewarding experience FACT...BTW If I wanted to insult you or the 5AT Maffia I can do a hell of alot better than "Ricki Lake" insults I assure you
Old 11-12-2005, 08:47 AM
MeetJoeAsian

ooooh...i better shut my mouth now...I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean to offend you, you're too macho sice you have the guns and all...oooh, let me back down and let you take the stage....
can't use words, so ya gotta bring in the guns eh? i guess some people are like that...

Originally Posted by Paul350Z

Houston doesn't have half the traffic of Los Angeles on its best day and my daddy can beat up your daddy!

PS: pu$$ys shoot 9mm, real men use the .45 ACP.

Old 11-12-2005, 08:57 AM
hypeiv

lol worst thread ever... I am glad you like your car and got the one you wanted but you could have made that point without bashing 5at owners. I guess you need to bring other people down to make yourself feel better.

Since your such a great 6mt driver next time I am in houston I will suck you off b/c you are just so bad azz I can't stand it.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:16 AM
samery2k

^^^ i had to order an AT Z they arent bringing any manual ones i have to special order mine from the US if i want a MT--- which sucks because the cars that come to Dubai undergo like 250+ point changes (called Gulf Speccing) anyway- i'd rather have an AT Z than no Z at all
Old 11-12-2005, 09:54 AM
ZlleH

If you think treating people respectfully is sugar-coating then you have other issues to deal with. You do not need to insult the person to get your point across. When you start self-labeling yourself as a "real man" and others "pussies", it taints your arguement and just makes you look like an a$$hole instead of someone with a different view.

And you mentioned "pc view of life"? Be honest with yourself on this one. Would you really be this disrespecful in real life when debating with others? Or is it because you are in front of a keyboard that somehow you become more insulting and so "manly"? If this was in real life and you had the person right in front of you, I doubt you would be so disrespectful as in all your threads. I think it is you who is living in a keyboard world right now. You are lying to yourself if you would treat people this disrespectfully in real life. But on the chance that you do, then you are just admitting to being a real a$$hole in real life.

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
Get a thick skin it will cut down on your whining and getting all hurt when someone is being sarcastic or just messing with you or stating facts that dont agree with your rose colored, pc view of life. People like you want an anticeptic world devoid of any kind of wit because somebody will get huuurt. Sugarcoat the facts or you may hurt his/her feelings. Fact is MT equipped car[in whatever form, ie SMG] will always be considered the true sportscar. Autos are for the masses and MT will always be geared towards the driving enthusiasts..Even if the AT happened to be faster in a straightline the MT version will be more driver involving and offer a more rewarding experience FACT...BTW If I wanted to insult you or the 5AT Maffia I can do a hell of alot better than "Ricki Lake" insults I assure you
Old 11-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

I've driven sports cars since I was a kid, all MT, including Fiat Spider, Mazda RX7, Porsche 928 & 944 turbo-S. I feel that the shifting in manual shift mode in my AT is seamless and very quick. I really don't think that I could shift any faster with MT.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:13 AM
MySunset350Z

Originally Posted by typhaon
Hi.

I'm 31 yrs old.

Wanted a COOL-looking car that moved FAST.

I bought a Z.

I don't even know how to drive a MT.

However, when I cruise around town I play with the manu-matic constantly pretending I'm a RACER.

I LOVE IT - so F U ALL!!!!

lol, amen.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Mr Z

Well, this number matches what my dealer said they sold locally so wouldn't be surprised if it is true. I've never seen an AT Z in person.

Mr Z

Originally Posted by SteveZ33
9% ? Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting you read this somewhere. But I'm with you, this can't be correct. 6 or 7 of all the Z's I see are autos. Maybe because I live in Megalopolis ? (NJ between Philly & NYC) Where did you read/hear this Nissan statistic ? I'd like to check it out.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:22 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by abyss
lol so what is it another grocery getter?
i get groceries in my Z a lot more than I race it
Old 11-12-2005, 12:30 PM
RNL323
Mod My Ride

These AT vs MT threads are g@y... Grown men fighting about the best way to play with their "sticks"

Quick Reply: Drove an A/T for the first time yesterday....