Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ran over a dog :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 07:16 PM
mchong75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran over a dog :(

As I'm driving behind an accord, the accord suddenly slams the brakes (tire screeching) to a halt. In an effort to avoid rear ending the accord, I made a quick swerve to the next lane, when all of sudden I see two stray dogs in front of me. (HOLY COW).
One of the dogs looked right at me. We were eye to eye. I'm hoping and thinking they are going to move, luckily one ran across the sidewalk, but the other one just stood there. Before I knew it, I hit the dog (I'm nervous & scared...my heart is pounding faster & faster)...all I can hear at this point was, clunk! And the most awful noise...the dog is yapping and whimpering. At this point, I knew the dog was under the front bumper so, I reversed slowly and I can feel the front bumper going over the dog as I pulled out. I surely thought the dog sustained a major injury.
The lady in the accord and I immediately got out of the car to assist the dog but, being that it was stray and frighten, it just ran away. I have no idea how badly the dog was injured. The only sign of the injury was the back left leg, the dog limped away.

I wanted to take the dog to a vet or something. I wanted to make sure it had no serious injuries....

Keep in mind, all this happened in a few seconds. I was probably going about 35mph when I slammed on my brakes.

I feel extremely bad and all I can think of is the dog's cry. It's something I will remember forever!!!!

I ran over dead squirrels and bird before but, nothing like this.
Anyone else with a similar experience? Or run over something alive?

Last edited by mchong75; 09-19-2005 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:18 PM
whap
Banned

how sad =(
Old 09-19-2005, 07:19 PM
plumpzz

My gf saw a dog get run over exept it was another girls dog and the car wasn't paying attention. It wasn't as lucky as the dog you hit. As a stray i dont have grim hopes for that dog.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:19 PM
LugZ

Originally Posted by mchong75
As I'm driving behind an accord, the accord suddenly slams the brakes (tire screeching) to a halt. In an effort to avoid rear ending the accord, I made a quick swerve to the next lane, when all of sudden I see two stray dogs in front of me. (HOLY COW).
One of the dogs looked right at me. We were eye to eye. I'm hoping and thinking they are going to move, luckily one ran across the sidewalk, but the other one just stood there. Before I knew it, I hit the dog (I'm nervous & scared...my heart is pounding faster & faster)...all I can hear at this point was, clunk! And the most awful noise...the dog is yapping and whimpering. At this point, I knew the dog was under the front bumper so, I reversed slowly and I can feel the front bumper going over the dog as I pulled out. I surely thought the dog sustained a major injury.
The lady in the accord and I immediately got out of the car to assist the dog but, being that it was stray and frighten, it just ran away. I have no idea how badly the dog was injured. The only sign of the injury was the back left leg, the dog limped away.

I wanted to take the dog to a vet or something. I wanted to make sure it had no serious injuries....

Keep in mind, all this happened in a few seconds. I was probably going about 35mph when I slammed on my brakes.

I feel extremely bad and all I can think of is the dog's cry. It's something I will remember forever!!!!

Anyone else with a similar experience? Or run over something alive?
ya..same situation. Kinda. Neighbour's dog was barking so much so I took a bat and cranked it at its ribs. Like you said...the yelping. Never forget that moment. btw I'm a cat person. LOL!! Okay I'm a mudda fawker. yeah poor dog. But chances are..if it got up and limped away...he sucked it up and isn't hurt too too bad or else he wouldn't have got up. My neighbour's dog didn't get up. LOL!
Old 09-19-2005, 07:42 PM
BrnSilk

Your disgusting Lugz, I hope your trying to be funny.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:44 PM
mchong75

Originally Posted by LugZ
ya..same situation. Kinda. Neighbour's dog was barking so much so I took a bat and cranked it at its ribs. Like you said...the yelping. Never forget that moment. btw I'm a cat person. LOL!! Okay I'm a mudda fawker. yeah poor dog. But chances are..if it got up and limped away...he sucked it up and isn't hurt too too bad or else he wouldn't have got up. My neighbour's dog didn't get up. LOL!

Hmmmmmmmmmm
Old 09-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Fiction520

I had a civic and I hit a bird and it got stuck in my bumper. I tried to scoot it over to a gap unwedge it with a stick and the next think I know there's a popping sound and I turned the bird into a kabob. It was amazingly gross. I ended up having to remove my bumper to get it out of there.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:58 PM
nicolaycastro

Wow talk about animal cruelty... even if he is joking which I dont think he is, it is still sick.

I think you can tell alot about a person with comments like this
Old 09-19-2005, 07:59 PM
nlsqba

i did hit a raccoon a few weeks ago...

never seen this racoon again - all i know I had to get a new bumper and some other parts stupid animal costed me $1,000
Old 09-19-2005, 08:23 PM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not a pleasent experience...
About 5 years ago I saw a dog get hit by the car right in front of my eyes...
not once, but TWICE.
One car hits it, and just runs away, and the car behind it runs over it again...
The dog's neck was snapped...it was still alive too...man what I terrible
experience I had...
Old 09-19-2005, 08:25 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few years ago, I drove my old Civic over a frog on I-53N in Wisconsin. Heard a big *squish*. Apart from several million bugs, that was the only living thing I've ever killed with a car.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Sensation350Z

Fortunately I`ve never hit/run over an animal although I`ve come close on more than one occasion. I live in a gated community and it seems like the hang out spot for small birds and rabbits is directly in front of the gate that`s the exist from the community. I`ve even said to myself "if these fu**ers dont move in 3 seconds, they`re dead." But I can never bring myself to actually do it. =P
Old 09-19-2005, 09:01 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. Very touching. How about contacting the Humane Society. They may be able to locate the animal.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:46 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Sorry to hear about your experience MChong. A similar thing almost happened with me recently, but it involved a strung out bum that was jaywalking and decided to stop in front of me when he saw the car headlights... had to slam my breaks and swerved to get out of hitting him... SF is full of bums.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:15 PM
lebby-pooh

thats uncalled for man.

i hope this is a joke but im afraid it isnt.

i hate people who commit animal cruelty.

i'd love to take a bat to your dome and lay you to sleep.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:19 PM
ShadesofBlonde

you are one sick **** dude

and i sincerely hope sometime when you're out making a bunch of noise, some other sick **** takes a bat to your ribs

sorry about the dog mchang... i ran over a squirrel once not long ago. Not quite the same, but kind of disturbing nonetheless

Last edited by ShadesofBlonde; 09-19-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:30 AM
The Mike

Spring time and birds like to fly around acting goofy following eachother. Well i'm headed down the highway going about 50-60ish and the lead bird dives in front of my car but swoops out of the way. Unfortunately for the lover bird following it was a death trap for it and it hits my hood hard, bounces off it like a spring board flying perfectly over my cabin and then thuds bad again on my trunk, bounces off and then thuds to the concrete sweeping behind me as i'm still cruisin on my merry way. Strange experience at 6:30 am on an otherwise beautiful sunrise morning.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:37 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You sick ****! I'd like someone to take a bat at your ribs.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:24 AM
abyss

Coward. I'v got 2 Rot's I'd like to see you try and do that to. I had someone try to swing a 2x4 at one and he broke his chain and pinned dude to the ground, sounds like you need the same treatment.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:31 AM
nathanwl2004

yeah, a person, but that was in iraq and he was shooting at us.

didn't even scratch the humvees brush guard

Quick Reply: Ran over a dog :(