Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

With Apologies to all who are complaining about their new Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 02:25 PM
MP350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default With Apologies to all who are complaining about their new Z

But I LOVE my car. It is by far the finest car I have ever owned and maybe even been in. I get the sam reaction from anyone who has ever been for a ride in my car. I have absolutely not received any negative reactions from anyone who has seen it. Even from some who had only seen pictures and were not impressed but then saw mine in person and then described it as "absolutely breathtaking" and "better looking than a porsche" (not sure if even I agree with that one, but you get my point). The only setybacks I have had with this car besides all the tremendous attention it gets have been the greasy streaks on the windows and the less than what i expected Bose system. However, after reporting both those problems to my dealer and taking the car in for its first oil change at 3500 miles last week, both of those problems have been fixed. the streaks were taken car of at the time of the oil change by simply removing the door panels and cleaning whatever it was that had the excessive grease on it, (they told me what it was, but I cant recall at this time) and the replacement amp was ordered and then installed just a couple of days later. I am happy to report that after the installation, the stereo sounds much much better, although still not at the quality of some aftermarket stereos, but hey, what do you expect from stock?? especially in a car thats most important assets (performance) are at the level of vehicles that are tens of thousands of dollars more expensive. And dont give me the Impreza WRX argument, cuz you know what? The WRX is a great car, I like them but for some reason I bought a Z instead. And I know threee WRX owners who wished they had a Z instead. And i know several people who if they had to choose, would rather have the Z instead, in fact no one that I have asked, and i have asked the oppionions of several people, said they would take a WRX over a Z. Why?? Well, I don't know the reasons are different for everyone, but I just dont get the same feeling from a WRX that I get from the Z. I just don't see them on the same level. The Z is an AWESOME car, especially when you factor in the price. It is a great all around sports car and a great value. Sorry for the long post but, i just get tired of reading all the posts of people who are unhappy with their car. I just don'e see it. And I hate the thought of someone coming on here to read about the Z because they are considering buying one and then having second thoughts because of the unfortunate circumstances of a few people. I feel for you guys who have had problems, and I hope everything works out. I hope your dealers will work with you to get your issues resolved. I just dont want to add fuel for all the haters out there. the 350Z has been nothing short of a dream come true for me.
Old 12-20-2002, 02:46 PM
sdpearso

I have a list of HUGE problems with mine!

Everywhere I go it gets greasy fingerprints all over it from people "looking" at it.

Oh yeah, and I had to double my gas budget because I can't stop driving it.

...and women won't leave me alone.

...and POS muscle cars won't leave me alone.

...and the police pull me over to look at it.

Well, the first 2 are true and I wish the 3rd was.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:42 PM
golfman

Well said...both of you.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:46 PM
OKC-Silverstone-Trac

Originally posted by sdpearso
I have a list of HUGE problems with mine!

Everywhere I go it gets greasy fingerprints all over it from people "looking" at it.

Oh yeah, and I had to double my gas budget because I can't stop driving it.

...and women won't leave me alone.

...and POS muscle cars won't leave me alone.

...and the police pull me over to look at it.

Well, the first 2 are true and I wish the 3rd was.

Same type of problems with mine

Does NISMO make a clip on Paper Towel holder to keep the drool off the car
Old 12-20-2002, 03:53 PM
stungeon
Charter Member #63

Me too. I have had mine since August and I thought that people would start ignoring the car after a month or so. But it has gotten worse. People love this car. So do I.
Old 12-20-2002, 07:21 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

driving down the road today, and this sexy silver car came towards me, and I was like wow, what is THAT! as it came closer I was like, HOLY **** ITS A NEW Z. that cars awesome. bet its really fast and handles like a dream.

then I remembered, wait a minute Im driving one. and it is fast, and it does handle.

baby wipes guys, you must have baby wipes on hand, clean the windows.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:21 AM
FrankieZZ

Default Amp Replacement

Hey MP350Z ,

Do you have the base sound system ( the single cd disk player ) ? I'm just curious . I have the base silverstone and I am having a problem on am mode now in all speakers ( cracking ) . Let me know if you have a base model . Thanks alot !!

FrankieZZ
Old 12-21-2002, 04:03 AM
Dolfan13

SDPearso, I can understand the problems you have with people gathering around your car. What you have done to it is absolutly amazing. One beautiful car you have there.

Last edited by Dolfan13; 12-21-2002 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-21-2002, 04:17 AM
MP350Z

Sorry Frankie, but I have the Bose system. I dont think I am experiencing the cracking sound on AM radio, but I rarely listen to AM radio, so who knows....
Old 12-21-2002, 08:26 AM
sdpearso

Originally posted by OKC-Silverstone-Trac
Does NISMO make a clip on Paper Towel holder to keep the drool off the car?
Actually I think that's what the car cover is for but I'm too lazy to use it.

Originally posted by Dolfan13
SDPearso, I can understand the problems you have with people gathering around your car. What you have done to it is absolutly amazing. One beautiful car you have there.
Thanks!

It's worth all the drool.
Old 12-21-2002, 03:18 PM
FrankieZZ

Default Sound System

MP350Z thanks for getting back to me on that . My problem is the strangest ever ! The cd and fm are great on the base system but it cracks in am mode . I'll have the dealer look at it when I go in to change the oil . Thanks again !

FrankieZZ
Old 12-21-2002, 05:05 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AM radio is far worse quality, and ussually is rather staticy... Ive never heard a clear AM station.

was this question too easy, or am I missing the point.

I have bose by the way, and yes the AM stations crackle a good bit. its inherent in their design.
Old 12-22-2002, 02:20 AM
FrankieZZ

Default am reception

ARES , every car I own or have owned never sounded like this . I know what you mean about reception , but something tells me it is not reception .It isn't static as much as a cracking (tinny) sound and in every speaker . Any ideas on this ? It never does it in fm or cd mode , so it's not the speakers .The strangest is it comes and goes , mostly comes ( I know you are going to think reception)Maybe it is . . I'm not a big user of am , just this one talk station I like to listen to occasionally for laughs !What do you or anyone else think ?Is it the radio (base system, single cd player) ?Thanks for any help !

FrankieZZ
Base Silverstone
Old 12-22-2002, 08:04 AM
SunsetZ

People don't choose the WRX because (I will be polite here) it is not an attractive car, where as the Z is the best looking car I have ever seen!!
Old 12-22-2002, 04:52 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

There are a few minor things I don't like, but they are minor. All in all, I love this car too. It's well worth it.