Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Another horror story for you guys...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 10:31 AM
Turcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, I think my "dimples" might be more pronounced than other Z owners here. Like I said in my original post, there was a new Altima on the lot that had dimples on it also, but they were hardly noticeable. Mine are much deeper and are not rounded. Similar to what a nail would do if you started tapping it in. I know that by having a finer point to the impression, it would lesses the chance for error when drilling a hole, but the Altima on the lot was no where near to what mine looked like.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:34 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

California requires a front plate. I don't like it but thats the way it is. My Z came with the front plate assembly in place; I just took a big sigh.

Still think you should change your board name to "dimples"!!
Old 12-31-2002, 10:48 AM
ColecatZ

HOLY ****!!!!!

I took delivery in August and noticed today that my Antenna is external and nonretractable.....I'm filing a claim under the lemon law and forcing the dealership to take it back....

Old 12-31-2002, 10:49 AM
alphaz

Shhhhhh, nobody say anything about the
[ORANGE PEEL] . This guy could go postal on us. Silly rabbit Z's aren't for *** CLOWNS.

Last edited by alphaz; 12-31-2002 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:57 AM
drake3

I think you made a good move by apologizing. Shows maturity, also to respond here on the board without freaking out to the flames that have been lit on your back. Alot of people would have just ducked out.

Anyway. I ordered my 328Ci Sport in Oct '99 and told them NOT to put a front plate backet on it. Well, they called late Jan and I drove 3.5 hours to pick up my new car that I waited 3 months for (my first new, new car). Yup, you guess it. Nice front plate backet installed. I just took it off and put the stainless steel screws back into the bumper. The screws came with a nice black finish on them so you cannot even notice 10 feet away from the vehicle since it is Topaz Blue.

I guess if your car is going to be a "show" car and you will be entering it in alot of club competitions, well ok. But, this car, like many are mass produced and some people are treating them like they just got a Hope Diamond.

I am not lecturing anyone here, it is just sometimes I don't understand this mentality. I keep my cars in good shape, but have come to realize more and more with age that I don't have a collector's item. It is not a Gullwing Benz or a Shelby Cobra. I keep my cars in "good" shape, some friends think I am fanatical about them, but all have said to me that they have no reservations about buying a car from me.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy your Z.

Drake.
Old 12-31-2002, 11:27 AM
Turcoupe

Thanks again Drake.

I do feel a little silly over the whole thing now. The dimples are barely noticeable 10 feet from the car. Despite the fact that today...when I drove it to like 5 differnet buisnesses and friends houses to show it off, everyone pointed the dimples out to me. (I didn't tell them about them first either). I told them that they are from the factory and they thought that that was stupid just like I do.

My whole thing was that I thought I was getting something that wasn't in perfect condition. Now that I know (even thoguh it was a painful experience..lol) I am more estactic thean ever about the beauty of the Z. I love the car and I DO NOT plan to do any modifications to it (except for the white finishers that the dealer already put in for me). Now I am going outside to drive...50 miles already today and counting!

Last edited by Turcoupe; 12-31-2002 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:02 PM
rouxeny

You did a good thing by apologizing.

Everybody makes mistakes, but not everybody regrets them.

However, the dimples issue has been seriously discussed, admitedly a very long time ago.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:04 PM
Gendo Ikari

If you look at pictures of the japanese FairladyZ, almost all of them have front plates over there in Japan too. So, the dimples aren't "just" for us
Old 12-31-2002, 03:50 PM
sage

It could be worse Turcoupe.

After waiting all this time, think of how you would feel if the dealer had let you cancel the order and you didn't have your Z.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:29 PM
WayneTN

Originally posted by Turcoupe ...and it [the dimples] would make it a little easier for the idiots in the service dept to line up a bracket.
Now, that's odd because here is a previous quote:

Previously posted by Turcoupe ...I am friends with the service mananger...
Kinda makes you wonder if he is a friend or an idiot (or both). I'm confused.

Personally, I don't think the dimples make the car "imperfect". That's the way it's supposed to be made.

WayneTN
Old 01-01-2003, 01:38 AM
spf4000

Turcoupe, think about it this way--a few hundred more miles, and you will get your first rock chip, and the dimples will blend right in.

I'm glad you apologized to the dealership. That shows a lot of maturity!
Old 01-01-2003, 06:57 AM
Turcoupe

Rouxeny.....I wish I saw that post so I could have avoided all of this drama. I started surfing this forum in July, and I definitely never heard anything about dimples coming from the factory. All I heard was people freaking out when their dealer put holes in their car or did damage somehow by attaching a front bracket, so that is all I had to go on. At the dealership when I first noticed the dimples I asked the service manager if I could go on his computer to see if the dimples were supposed to be there. I told him that I was on a 350z froum and they will definitely know right away. He said no..(I think because he thought that I would come back and say that I was right....little did he know that I would have come back with my head down and an apology..lol)

Gendo...wow, now I really feel better.

Sage......you are sooooo right on that. I would definitely be miserable right now if they let me cancel the order. But, even in my temper tantrum at the dealership, I think deep down I would have stopped if they wrote me a check for my deposit and told me to f*@#off. I was really saying that to get them to agree to repair it for free.

WayneTN.... I was referring to servive personnel in general, not at my particular dealership. The service dept. at my dealership is rated No #1 in all of South Jersey Nissan dealers, so I do not doubt their skills.

Spf....You right on the money with that advice, especially since I plan on driving this car a lot (which is 10K a year to me because I have a second P.O.S. car I use for school/work).

Last edited by Turcoupe; 01-01-2003 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-01-2003, 12:17 PM
ezee

There's a good license plate for you...DIMPLES.
Old 01-01-2003, 01:35 PM
wfd157

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS OF THE CLEAR FRONT REFLECTORS??
Old 01-01-2003, 01:45 PM
Turcoupe

Do a forum search wfd157. There are a few peopel that posted pics of them installed already. They are definitely worth it for chrome silver--much improved from the amber reflectors.
Old 01-01-2003, 01:47 PM
Turcoupe

EZEE, I have one for you too....

IAMGAY
Old 01-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Turcoupe
EZEE, I have one for you too....

IAMGAY
On that note, this thread is closed...