Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Peoples Reaction to your Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 08:03 AM
hypeiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All my friends that are guys player hate on it and trash it all the time. I guess they just want to knock me down a peg
Old 11-10-2005, 08:06 AM
Fletch69z

Oops, sorry for the double post. Only hit submit once!!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:12 AM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
2) Some old guy at the gas station told me how it broke his heart when his (ex)wife made him sell his old 280Z and how he still remembers driving it. As a matter of fact I've heard several stories of wives forcing their husbands to buy a more "practical" car...
LOL that reminds me of when I first had my car. I was stopped at a light and I was looking in my rear view mirror into the car behind me (I normally can't do that b/c of all the damn trucks in this area). There was a guy in his 40's and his wife and they were talking. Then I saw him look at her and point to my car and say something. She made a discusted look and shook her head from side to side like she was saying no. The guy then turned back with his head down and sunk back into his seat.

He could have been talking about something totally random but I have a good idea I know what that conversation was about.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:33 AM
NeoRacer_106

Whenever say there's a woman chatting on their Cell phones on the sidewalk, they'd see the Z coming and deliberatly turn away as I'd pass, its happened like 3 times. I dont think women (in SEATTLE) like the idea of a guy driving something that takes attention away from THEM, meaning they wont give it up to look at YOU and would rather turn away, or pretend to be "lookin" at something else..I've seen them turn to look at blank walls, the sky, the ground..anything but look at YOU in the car...
Observed Human Behaviour..

Last edited by NeoRacer_106; 11-10-2005 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:45 AM
maxipad96

Police Reactions: I'll bet that could do a lot faster than the 20mph I clocked you going over the speed limit.

My Reaction: Yes sir it probably could.

Girls Reactions: Either absolutely love the car or absolutely despise the car.

Girlfriends Reaction: Absolutely despises the car. Maybe she feels it takes attention from her, draws more attention to myself or that I spend too much time/$$ on it.

Probably all of the above.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:02 AM
mchong75

Originally Posted by SupersayianNeo
Subaru WRB STi/Gold
WRB? = WRX maybe?
Old 11-10-2005, 09:35 AM
djnc

people stare a lot...i love when i'm coming out of a store going to the parking lot and i see a group of people all around my car...then i hit the keyless entry and they back off and act like they were going about their own business...people have a lot of respect for the Z...i'll take it
Old 11-10-2005, 09:50 AM
NeoRacer_106

There was one time I was heading back to my car in a mall lot, parked infront was some beat up old thing and I noticed a couple walking in roughly the same direction as me, I got in and noticed the girl went straight for the passenger door of this wreck kinda waiting..the guy was dawdling like he was ashamed of his car and the girl glaring at him till finally he had to open the door for her lol
Old 11-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Flee0588

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

For some reason, people still havent gotten used to the Z yet. I mean, I get stares all the time at red lights and people yelling "nice car!" while driving down a neighborhood. These two kids that live on my street are always coming up to me when I park my car and start talking to me. Well, Im not complaining, but if the car is still an eye-catcher, that means its getting cop's attentions too.

My friends absolutely love my car. They feel as though its the most pure sports car out of our crew. My friend's wrx is considered a rice-box, even though its damn fast. My friend's cobra is considered a car that came with the engine. Im not going to lie, the stang has a pretty ****y interior and transmission. My other friend's gst eclipse is considered a bad car, simply because reliability. Im not going to lie, the chicks love it. My girlfriend though? She doesnt seem to notice it. She thinks its too loud and is always scared im going to die whenever I tell her im going to a race.

You gotta love the car.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Joeys_z

Originally Posted by mchong75
WRB? = WRX maybe?
No it's the color....World Rally Blue I miss my subie!?!?!?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:30 AM
maxipad96

+1 w/ the GF that thinks its too loud.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:33 AM
mahont

Ahh ... the Z ...

Many reactions ... always positive

Girls love it and want me to give them rides.
Guys say its sweet and ask me tons of questions about it.
I live outside of St. Louis and I don't see too many Z's so people are always staring at me, and I mean always. At stoplights everyone is looking at me and in parking lots people drive by and stare at it. One time an old man in a beat up truck was next to me at a light and asked if my Z was " a Z car" and I replied yes. He then told me that about a million years ago he had a Z car and absolutely loved it and now he's driving this sh***y truck. The Z gets tons of attention whenever I'm driving it, not to mention me being young and driving it probably attracts some attention as well.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Blue_Z

I don't get any special attention where I live.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:02 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan Stiles
I don't hardly get any reactions here in SoCal, Z's are so common out here. The only cars that get that kind of treatment are Ferarris and Bentleys.. I guess that's what i get for living in Orange County.
And even the high-end exotics sometimes get common-place depending where you're at in SoCal...Newport *Ahem cough*

People wonder why tuning and personlizing cars is so huge out here. (...or the southern east coast)
Old 11-10-2005, 11:19 AM
yeperra

This old lady 70+ in a big Buick drives into the gas station next to my UY350Z. She comes over and looks at the car and says, what kind of a car is that, so I say it's a Nissan 350Z then she says, oh my, I wish I was your age again! It made my day!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:30 AM
mahont

That reminds me of another time ....

at a gas station a guy 40+ stepped out of his Jeep Wrangler and looked at my car and my window was down and he said word for word "What the f*** is that thing?"

I thought it was pretty funny.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:18 PM
baobabie

Havent had the car for too long, but just the other day at the gas station some guy was like 'is that ur car?," almost in disbelief and after I reply "yeah..." he goes, "oh really?! I thought it was ur bf's car or something" =P guess there aren't as many female Zlovers/owners.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:32 PM
djnc

Originally Posted by baobabie
Havent had the car for too long, but just the other day at the gas station some guy was like 'is that ur car?," almost in disbelief and after I reply "yeah..." he goes, "oh really?! I thought it was ur bf's car or something" =P guess there aren't as many female Zlovers/owners.
there really aren't too many...in my Z club, there are no female Z owners and only one G35c owner out of like 400-something people
Old 11-10-2005, 12:58 PM
buffmanjeff

Originally Posted by kewlii
about two months ago, I let a girl I met at a bar drove the Z to my house. When we got home, she told me she already had mutilple orgasms while drive the Z. Thus she didn't want any more booties that night...sucked to be me that night.
Thats the funniest story ever because no joke the exact opposite happened to me the 2nd night i had it. Met a girl at applebees who was so into my car...3 hours later, well the rest is history. I praise my car everyday since. Trust me fellas, the car has magic.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by buffmanjeff
Thats the funniest story ever because no joke the exact opposite happened to me the 2nd night i had it. Met a girl at applebees who was so into my car...3 hours later, well the rest is history. I praise my car everyday since. Trust me fellas, the car has magic.
mmm
yall living da hi-life

Quick Reply: Peoples Reaction to your Z