Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Car is going into the shop, need some opinions..

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 05:55 AM
juliosuburban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Car is going into the shop, need some opinions..

After my car was vandalized last week, the whole body needs to be redone. I already brought it in my shop, took it all apart, bumpers, lights, mirrors, hood, everything and the body work still needs about another three days of work, because of the damage them ....left on my car. The car is right now the dark silver, but I'd like to change the color to something more eye catching. What colors would you guys suggest for a repaint?
Old 12-13-2005, 06:10 AM
Joeys_z

Bad Idea....I suggest keeping the OEM color. If you change the color you will always be able to tell it was changed.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:19 AM
juliosuburban

Not if it is done right. Also, I thought about just changing the silver a bit. Like change it to Lambo silver, which is brighter with more metallic. keep the imo's coming please
Old 12-13-2005, 06:23 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry about the vandalism. Your insurance company has most likely agreed to a partial repaint (NOT the engine bay and other areas). In this situation, a new-old color match is a necessity.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:53 AM
juliosuburban

Originally Posted by davidv
Sorry about the vandalism. Your insurance company has most likely agreed to a partial repaint (NOT the engine bay and other areas). In this situation, a new-old color match is a necessity.
Yeah, they have, but I own the shop, so its not really much of an issue. But I'd like to know if changing the color say from a silver to an orange, or red, would be a good idea. I like the silver I have now, but at the same time wanted to do something new, fresh.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:59 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Back in the day, when I was in the mini truck scene, I saw some really wicked stuff done with clears/perls. Maybe you can keep the base silver and do some orange perl in the clear? I donno, not a paint expert, but that might be cool. Looks stock silver until it catches the light just right. I think it would be hot!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:06 AM
CLETUS

so you own the body shop????? DO IT. going from silver to another color would be cake compaired to going from black or a darker color. i agree it shouldn't be crazy, the engine bay will stick out if its silver. i wouls suggest a blue pearl srayed over or even light olive green metallic sprayed over to give it a crazy hue in the sun, and your engine bay is still silver. just my opinion. you could also two tone it and leave the front or lower part silver and you would n't have to paint the e-bay.

if i had to repaint i would consider the color change. if you are thinking of selling it anytime i would leave it oem, some people dont like crazy non oem colors. either way your paint will look better than mine..........
Old 12-13-2005, 08:43 AM
juliosuburban

Well one thing is for sure, I would never sell my Z, that will be my hot rod, say 30-40 years from now. The pearls are good idea, and doing a two tone sounds interesting as well. Please keep the ideas coming, car is going to be painted on Friday. I will greatly appreciate all your opinions on some good colors. I've painted so many cars, with pearls, flakes, and many different colors, makes any color I look at, look plain. Keep them coming please...
Old 12-13-2005, 08:46 AM
cessna

How about some metalic blue flakes over the OEM silver???
Old 12-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Sven

I've always liked the white Z. Reminds me of something a Stormtrooper would drive.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:16 AM
ZZ33bOI

LAMBO SLIVER..?? any picture of that...i think i seen one before but not sure...and yes..if i own a shop i'll paint it something exotic....FERARRI RED.....?? IS350 PEARL WHITE IS VERY NICE....CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE! or if u like silver...go wit a Sliver with GUN METAL PEarL w/ gunmetal micro flakes.....not sure how tat will turn out but seems nice...