Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a General Hate towards Teenages who own Zs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pope_usaf
Well, not everyone is a Z owner... for instance... I own one.. and so do your parents......... Do you own a Z?

lol... thats t3h hurt for the lucky kids who got it from their parents...
well then tomorrow they'll ask their dad to transfer the title to their name lol
hahahhaah~
Old 01-29-2006, 12:17 PM
FreeBaGeL

Thinking that only old grumpy people are the ones that think someone is spoiled is mistake #1. Generally, anyone that works hard to get something they want only to see someone else get handed it on a silver platter is going to have an opinion about it, whether they're 20 or 80.

Mistake #2 is thinking that your age is the biggest thing most people are thinking about. I think for most it has more to do with being handed 30k than it does being 18 years old. If you're smart enough to realize that you have no expenses at 15-18 and work hard at a low-paying job to save up money to buy a new car, more power to ya.

I am 22, so I'm no grumpy old man, and sure I don't exactly have a huge amount of admiration for someone that has the car handed to them by mommy and daddy, I still don't right them off so long as they act respectable about it. When someone comes into this thread saying stuff like "they just jealous that they didnt have sweet babe car at my age lol ahaha hehehe roflcopter", that's when you get the "snob" label slapped onto your forehead.

People that work hard to make their living just have a kind of unspoken respect for other people that do the same, it's just the way the world works. And those same people generally are fine with people who have everything handed to them as long as that person knows it and isn't just some snob that thinks life is a cakewalk because mom and dad will do everything for you.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:17 PM
ClaytonC01

its the simple fact that young drivers/drivers without much experience shouldnt be handed the keys to a sports car with more than enough power to kill themselves or others, look at most young drivers, theyll get a free car and beat it to death and drive like maniacs, a person that pays for their own car, insurance, and upkeep treat the car alot better and have respect for it.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:18 PM
JCA0688

This topic isn't going anywhere. You people who bought you're vehicle are always going to have this "higher than thou" attitude to us who had our parents buy ours. So I'm not gonna continue to argue this rediculous issue. Lata.

Oh, and me not having my name on the title is no big deal to me. As long as I get to drive my car and enjoy it, I'm happy. I respect my car and treat it with care. Just because I don't have my name on the title doesn't mean anything to me.

Last edited by JCA0688; 01-29-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Built2shredZ

I think most people think its a mistake to allow teenagers with next to no driving experience to own a powerful car.

With teenagers the following is usally true

1) They think they will live forever
2) Always over estimate there driving skill
3) Don't think about consequences of there actions

Now throw in a 300 HP RWD sports car you have a receipe for dissaster...

Now I know there is always an exception to the rule, and on the flip side you can have someone in there late 20's who has the same 3 problems mentioned above. But in general teenagers are not good drivers due to lack of experience. And learning on a powerful car is not the best of ideas.

That said I don't blame the kids who get the sports car, but the parents for there poor parenting decision. Not only do they put there kids at risk but also everyone else on the road...
Old 01-29-2006, 12:21 PM
pope

Originally Posted by JCA0688
This topic isn't going anywhere. You people who bought you're vehicle are always going to have this "higher than thou" attitude to us who had our parents buy ours. So I'm not gonna continue to argue this rediculous issue. Lata.

didnt you start this rediculous thread??? you thought it was gonna go somewhere positive???
Old 01-29-2006, 12:23 PM
JCA0688

Originally Posted by pope_usaf
didnt you start this rediculous thread??? you thought it was gonna go somewhere positive???
I just asked for maybe a simple yes or no. K, bye.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:27 PM
pope

well then heres your simple answer... yes.... bye
Old 01-29-2006, 12:31 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL
Thinking that only old grumpy people are the ones that think someone is spoiled is mistake #1. Generally, anyone that works hard to get something they want only to see someone else get handed it on a silver platter is going to have an opinion about it, whether they're 20 or 80.

Mistake #2 is thinking that your age is the biggest thing most people are thinking about. I think for most it has more to do with being handed 30k than it does being 18 years old. If you're smart enough to realize that you have no expenses at 15-18 and work hard at a low-paying job to save up money to buy a new car, more power to ya.

I am 22, so I'm no grumpy old man, and sure I don't exactly have a huge amount of admiration for someone that has the car handed to them by mommy and daddy, I still don't right them off so long as they act respectable about it. When someone comes into this thread saying stuff like "they just jealous that they didnt have sweet babe car at my age lol ahaha hehehe roflcopter", that's when you get the "snob" label slapped onto your forehead.

People that work hard to make their living just have a kind of unspoken respect for other people that do the same, it's just the way the world works. And those same people generally are fine with people who have everything handed to them as long as that person knows it and isn't just some snob that thinks life is a cakewalk because mom and dad will do everything for you.

you're right.. i'm one of those people that actually worked for my Z so i agree that people shouldn't just be given things as they will take it for granted. but the things is, most of these people don't want to accept the fact that some kids have these machines, whether they worked for it or not. and thas y i was being sarcastic.. didn't mean to come out as a snob.. if i did i'm sorry. just wanted to prove my point
Old 01-29-2006, 12:32 PM
J3rzeyFlip
Banned

who cares if ur parents actually bought u the car!... They prolly bought the car for u and in return, u finish college. Thats a even trade. I got my Z when i was 19/end of senior yr HS. I saved up for the down payment and my parents pays for insurance.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:32 PM
FreeBaGeL

Uhh.....here's your original post:

I don't really understand the meaning behind it, just curious as to why its such a big deal. We're all Z owners.
So since when exactly is "why is it such a big deal" a yes or no question?
Old 01-29-2006, 12:37 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Oh, and me not having my name on the title is no big deal to me. As long as I get to drive my car and enjoy it, I'm happy. I respect my car and treat it with care. Just because I don't have my name on the title doesn't mean anything to me.
Hence the reason some people percieve the maturity level of a person this age might effect them owning a Z. I am not saying all teenagers however the above person seems to lack the ability to debate, look at other points of views, and this might also indicate his ability to act responsible with any performance car.

I could be wrong of course and in the end, it is between him and his parents assuming he does not kill an innocent person in the process.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:38 PM
JCA0688

Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL
Uhh.....here's your original post:

So since when exactly is "why is it such a big deal" a yes or no question?
See the word MAYBE? Read carefully dumbsh!t.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:41 PM
pope

Originally Posted by zland
Hence the reason some people percieve the maturity level of a person this age might effect them owning a Z. I am not saying all teenagers however the above person seems to lack the ability to debate, look at other points of views, and this might also indicate his ability to act responsible with any performance car.

I could be wrong of course and in the end, it is between him and his parents assuming he does not kill an innocent person in the process.

nope your not wrong

See the word MAYBE? Read carefully dumbsh!t.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:41 PM
JCA0688

I have my maturity. It's the people who bought their own vehicle, yet cannot just treat people ,who didn't, with the same respect. I don't want to hear that just because I didn't pay for it, that I don't respect my car or understand the potential of it.

If anyone is acting immature, its the people who used their own money to purchase their Z. Okay, have you pride for purchasing it, but try and down talk others who didn't? Really grown up.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:43 PM
JCA0688

"I just asked for maybe a simple yes or no. K, bye."

I see it.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Vamos_Rafael

I have my maturity. It's the people who bought their own vehicle, yet cannot just treat people ,who didn't, with the same respect. I don't want to hear that just because I didn't pay for it, that I don't respect my car or understand the potential of it.

If anyone is acting immature, its the people who used their own money to purchase their Z. Okay, have you pride for purchasing it, but try and down talk others who didn't? Really grown up.
lol... great job kid... working your way to achieve Jvanquish's status of notoriety on the forum...
dont ever argue against what is pre-determined is "RIGHT"
you'll never win and you'll just be hated and davidv will block u!
i tried to convince ppl what i thought was right and i ended up retiring from the forum!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:47 PM
Built2shredZ

Not everyone on here has resentment towards younger drivers who's parents helped them get a sports car... For some its just saftey concerns, but long as you think about the consequences of your decisions you'll be fine..

Also, I would say only about 15% on this board actualy own there car, I gurentee you the rest only put 1k down and are making payments on 5-6 year loans... From a finacial point of view if you can't put at least 30% down then your buying a car you really can't afford....
Old 01-29-2006, 12:50 PM
JCA0688

I'm not debating on whether something is right or wrong. Rather the case of whether something is needed or isn't. Resientment(sp?) towards people who didn't purchase their Z with their own money, isn't needed.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:54 PM
XtaZee

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
Not everyone on here has resentment towards younger drivers who's parents helped them get a sports car... For some its just saftey concerns, but long as you think about the consequences of your decisions you'll be fine..

Also, I would say only about 15% on this board actualy own there car, I gurentee you the rest only put 1k down and are making payments on 5-6 year loans... From a finacial point of view if you can't put at least 30% down then your buying a car you really can't afford....
+1

Quick Reply: Is there a General Hate towards Teenages who own Zs?