Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a General Hate towards Teenages who own Zs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 11:17 PM
m0nkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steela2110
How about being 19 and just paying for your own Z??? What the h^ll is wrong with that? If I worked hard for my money just as everyone on this forum has, then I can buy whatever the h^ll that I want
hi 5!!! my paycheck is raped by monthly and insurance...

looking at your list.. man you got a sweet job to own all those =/
Old 01-29-2006, 11:17 PM
steela2110

Thumbs down

whatever ever dude

Originally Posted by w1zdom
Well here's the answer to the title "Is there a General Hate towards Teenagers who own Zs?" Well, teenagers who own fast cars are usually irresponsible, immature, and cause accidents/deaths more often than their more mature, responsible counterparts. So the young people on this forum shouldn't be upset when they get some of the answers they do...maybe next time when you're out being stupid you can stop and think "maybe I should be responsible for once," and try to break the stereotype that most teenagers have earned us. I knew an 18 year old girl that got a Z three months ago, she "was" responsible, and mature...but her 18 year old-ness got her all excited and racing on the freeway and caused her to rear-end a semi and cause a six-car pile up.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:25 PM
w1zdom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steela2110
whatever ever dude
whatever that means...?
Old 01-29-2006, 11:28 PM
m0nkie

Originally Posted by w1zdom
Well here's the answer to the title "Is there a General Hate towards Teenagers who own Zs?" Well, teenagers who own fast cars are usually irresponsible, immature, and cause accidents/deaths more often than their more mature, responsible counterparts. So the young people on this forum shouldn't be upset when they get some of the answers they do...maybe next time when you're out being stupid you can stop and think "maybe I should be responsible for once," and try to break the stereotype that most teenagers have earned us. I knew an 18 year old girl that got a Z three months ago, she "was" responsible, and mature...but her 18 year old-ness got her all excited and racing on the freeway and caused her to rear-end a semi and cause a six-car pile up.
whatever dude means we will consider you less of an @ss if you can prove to me that you have never went above the speed limit with your Z. racing is stupid and irresponsible.. but it shouldnt be the only factor that define matureness or not.. im willing to bet half of the people on this forum have raced their Z on the street.. pretty stupid for that girl to race the Z on freeway.. especially cars around. hope shes not hurt
Old 01-29-2006, 11:44 PM
w1zdom

I race my cars on the street under the right conditions....but I didnt say that racing is the only factor that determines maturity... nor did I say that I don't speed...but there is a time and place for everything, my point being is that young people are more suceptable to being "silly" than older, more experienced drivers...and you know that it is true. If you are responsible and mature drivers then help to break the stereotype?

lockkkkk

Last edited by w1zdom; 01-29-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:53 PM
ASTIG_Z

Originally Posted by JCA0688
I'll hold you to that.
JCA,

What you need is about 10 more years of living life. You will begin to realize that this discussion and comments from the adults really means nothing to you right now, but trust me, you will understand in about 10 years. I'm 28, I have a good understanding of what pride and accomplishements mean to each individual and I hope that you have your own personal goals and achievements.

Point 1, I have a friend's parents bought both of them cars. Honda for my friend, and BMW for his sister. BOUGHT for them. The majority of my friends were not as fortunate as them to get a brand spankin new ride. I personally was satisfied with the beater my dad gave me to drive. And I loved it.

So we go on a trip with all our friends and his family, so he brings it up to his parents (in front of all of our friends) while we were having lunch and puts them on the spot saying why his sister got a BMW, and he got a honda. Then things get out of hand and puts us all at a uncormfortable situation, dammit while we were on vacation!!!

It meant so much to him that he got his point across to his parents, even at the expense of his parents "face". I could only think that he was a selfish ***** who didnt know how good he had it, while the rest of us were working while in school to get what we want in our careers and lives.

Now look at it now, do not be that guy who alienates this fourm by posting that the older crowd is immature, or that we are hard on you just because you are young. Just like someone said earlier, give us some constructive criticisms, be polite, and respect other's opinions. Everyone will appreciate that you do! Thanks!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:04 AM
damnnit

I started off with a 94 accord when i was 16-17. I was one of the unfortunate ones. Well, I work full time and go to school part time 5 days a week to pay for my Z, insurance, rent, and food. I dont mind high school kids having fast cars but just drive safe. I know back then i was a speed demon and wanted a fast car but lucky i never got one. GL to all the younger drivers and becareful.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:44 AM
excogitate

Seriously, you all act as if you were once never 18? To those that really ignore that age issue, i consider them the mature ones. And those that care what age people are driving Z's at, are the truly immature ones. Please categorize yourself and grow the hell up. A car is a car, age is age, we all got a Z for a reason, and just learn to cope with what you don't like and respect everyone. And to be honest, I read posts often, and I sense most hatred from older members than younger.

Last edited by excogitate; 01-30-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:53 AM
excogitate

Originally Posted by jsimms243
My piece would have to be "what are the parents thinking?" Personally, I have worked for all of my cars. I pay car payments, insurance, gas, etc. (any do so for everything) because my parents cannot afford to help me. I am 22 by the way. Now, looking to the future... If I have a well paying job then I would not mind getting my kids a car... a car like... a Civic, or an Accord, or a Corolla (as long as certain conditions apply, such as good grades, staying out of trouble, etc.) ... not a high power rear wheel machine! Any parent that buys their child a near 300 horse power 3 seater sports car does not give a crap about their child! And the fact that a child has the car "handed" to them also makes the less much less valuable to them. It will be wrecked within a year! Guaranteed!
You know, going with a civic isn't all much more safety. Sometimes you need that extra power to avoid an accident. Sometimes you need that better handling in order to avoid an accident. The Z is a much more powerful car, but it isn't the most powerful. This is a mid-class car. It isn't even that expensive nor that powerful. The older folks need to realize that it's the year 2006, cars are upgrading, if you want to talk about fast cars, speak otherwise of real super-cars. You are taking the Z's pride too much. Sure the Z is sexy *** hell, i admit. But it is no super-car. The older folks talk as if this is a very very fast car and that the younger gen have no way of controlling it.

A few immature drivers doesn't make the whole group immature drivers.
Stop stereotyping people by their age and how they got their cars.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:43 AM
MrGraphics

The root of the issue of why the older crowd fears for younger people is because youth today do not know how wait for anything.

Its the Ant and the Grasshopper story - parents need to remember this story and stop spoiling kids.

Everything is instant now. Fast food, video games instead of crafting a remote control airplane (and even those are snap/instant) - Instant gratification - Gimme now, damn the future.

That's why Americans are completely in debt. They have no restraint, no ability to wait till tomorrow to buy. A 17-22 year old should be saving his money so that when he/she graduates from college, he has some money to help him get started.

Instead they blow their money, live paycheck to paycheck making others rich, and it becomes a way of life for them. Then they find themselves at 60 - no savings, no ability to retire, Social Security is gone, and they are lost.

Learn the life lession early, do without now to have more in the future.

I saved my money . . . did without new cars until I was 35, but I invested and bought property. Now I can afford a Z, travel the world, have 100K in the bank + my 401K, and have a net worth of 2 mil. with 30 years yet to go in working/saving.

But that's because I sacrificed when I was young and made my money work for me - not by making some auto dealer rich. Learn from the story of the ant and the grasshopper. http://www.dltk-teach.com/fables/grasshopper/mstory.htm

Last edited by MrGraphics; 01-30-2006 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:10 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by MrGraphics
The root of the issue of why the older crowd fears for younger people is because youth today do not know how wait for anything.

Its the Ant and the Grasshopper story - parents need to remember this story and stop spoiling kids.

Everything is instant now. Fast food, video games instead of crafting a remote control airplane (and even those are snap/instant) - Instant gratification - Gimme now, damn the future.

That's why Americans are completely in debt. They have no restraint, no ability to wait till tomorrow to buy. A 17-22 year old should be saving his money so that when he/she graduates from college, he has some money to help him get started.

Instead they blow their money, live paycheck to paycheck making others rich, and it becomes a way of life for them. Then they find themselves at 60 - no savings, no ability to retire, Social Security is gone, and they are lost.

I saved my money . . . did without new cars until I was 35, but I invested and bought property. Now I can afford a Z, travel the world, have 100K in the bank + my 401K, and have a net worth of 2 mil. with 30 years yet to go in working/saving.

But that's because I sacrificed when I was young and made my money work for me - not by making some auto dealer rich. Learn from the story of the ant and the grasshopper. http://www.dltk-teach.com/fables/grasshopper/mstory.htm
Mate... you are the man...
This is terrible that my paycheck goes to Nissan, AAA and oil companies all the time... I should of kept my Audi A4 and saved my money and used it for investments and other stuff...
Eh... Materialism? What the f*ck was I thinking?
Old 01-30-2006, 03:46 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by J3rzeyFlip
who cares if ur parents actually bought u the car!... They prolly bought the car for u and in return, u finish college. Thats a even trade. I got my Z when i was 19/end of senior yr HS. I saved up for the down payment and my parents pays for insurance.
An even trade?!?! OMFG. I think we should just kill all the kids under 21 who drive a Z.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:49 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn JVanquish, don't even act like you pay ALL your living expenses and your Z from a real job. Your folks paying for college is cool but a $300 a week allowance from the family doesn't count as a job
Old 01-30-2006, 04:06 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Damn JVanquish, don't even act like you pay ALL your living expenses and your Z from a real job. Your folks paying for college is cool but a $300 a week allowance from the family doesn't count as a job
my family is in poverty
we earn 300 dollars a month!
Old 01-30-2006, 04:47 AM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by jvanquish
my family is in poverty
we earn 300 dollars a month!
If thats true then that would make you the worlds biggest a$$hole that you're not helping your family out instead of driving around in a Z. I really hope thats not true dude.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:13 AM
tekk

I dont hate on anyone young with a Z/G. That is to say, I'm not jealous of them.

Having said that, i do hate reading threads where someone has to go out of their way to comment on their age and how hard they worked for their car. It's annoying seeing it over and over. For example, on the G boards someone complained that he got his car keyed while he was in class.... in high school. It gets annoying hearing these kids talk about how old/mature/hard working they are when it really doesnt matter. That's not what I come to these forums for. I'd love to see people get banned or at least posts edited because of it. It adds nothing to discussions here at best, and at worst it attracts hate.

Last edited by tekk; 01-30-2006 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:20 AM
paulsmansfield

yep. i hate to read about some little arrogant s**t of a teenager whos parents have bought them an expensive car.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:43 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrGraphics

I've got a friend who's kid gets mad because the MICROWAVE takes too long to cook something!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:55 AM
mahont

Default Is there a General Hate towards Teenagers who own Z's?

Yes, get used to it.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:58 AM
SSZVirginia

Originally Posted by JCA0688
I'm 18, so I hope I'm responsible enough.

Your Run from the Cops post doesn't confirm this statement.

I could care less who paid for anyone's car.

Quick Reply: Is there a General Hate towards Teenages who own Zs?