Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The majority of 350Zs on the road are stock?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:21 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by highside107
HOLY CRAP! $27k??!! and no F/I? You must have gold-plated wheels or something!
NA mods actually end up being much more expensive than an FI setup.

Tampa is overrun with Z's. I see them everywhere. However, it seems like MANY of them are driven by chicks, most of them middle-aged women. I'd guess that 1 out of 20 I see have any sort of visual modifications. In that case, it's mostly wheels.

I agree with the other poster that in 5-10 years these cars are going to be in the hands of kids and we will see many modified Z's on the road. They are going to be the next 240sx, especially after TF&TF3.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:21 PM
NourZ

Originally Posted by Speedracer
....$27,000 including labor for install, and that's without a forced induction system!!!!
You must've been getting ripped off left and right... can I sell you something
Old 02-10-2006, 05:19 AM
ML2000

This is off the topic but do any of you know were I can have my stock rims width (from 18x8 and 18x8.5 to 18x8.5 and 18x9.5) changed and how much it would cost. If this is a dumb question, sorry.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:28 AM
bstansbu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ML2000
This is off the topic but do any of you know were I can have my stock rims width (from 18x8 and 18x8.5 to 18x8.5 and 18x9.5) changed and how much it would cost. If this is a dumb question, sorry.
That is the first I have ever heard of that. Im thinking your best bet is new rims. Maybe Im not undersatnding what you want? You want to widen your current rims by 1 inch? If thats the case you will need new rims. BEN
Old 02-10-2006, 05:29 AM
EVOL 8

I rarely, and I stress very rarely, see a modded 350 around here. Most are driven by older women.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:31 AM
EVOL 8

Originally Posted by bstansbu
That is the first I have ever heard of that. Im thinking your best bet is new rims. Maybe Im not undersatnding what you want? You want to widen your current rims by 1 inch? If thats the case you will need new rims. BEN
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....n+track+wheels
Old 02-10-2006, 05:37 AM
bstansbu

Nice, thanks for the link!! I wouldnt reccomend doing that. BEN
Old 02-10-2006, 06:06 AM
EVOL 8

I wouldn't do it either, but I knew what he was talking about.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:11 AM
KenWH

Originally Posted by EVOL 8
I rarely, and I stress very rarely, see a modded 350 around here. Most are driven by older women.

+1

Most of the other z's in our area are owned by upper-middle aged women also...especially the zr's. They are all stock right down to the wheels.

There are 3 modded z's in my area that I know of and one of them (myehrick09) is a member here also. So yes...this site seems to draw or create modded z owners to some extent since two out of three modded z owners(me included) in my area post here. Like Jack Nicholson said...two outta three ain't bad.

Biggest reason more z's aren't modded around where I live...if you want the work done you have to do it yourself for the most part as there are no tuner shops around. I like that aspect of it...other's don't...so they end up driving stock cars...or rollin' with just a wheel/tire upgrade.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:16 AM
thezedsled

There is nothing wrong with getting your wheels widened. People have been doing this since the dawn of time and like the other guy says. As long as the shop that does them knows thier stuff and does it right there is no danger whatsoever and it is a hell of a lot cheaper than replacing them...
Old 02-10-2006, 06:28 AM
bstansbu

Originally Posted by thezedsled
There is nothing wrong with getting your wheels widened. People have been doing this since the dawn of time and like the other guy says. As long as the shop that does them knows thier stuff and does it right there is no danger whatsoever and it is a hell of a lot cheaper than replacing them...
I just dont agree with that at all I guess. To each their own. I mean, If your flying in a Boeing 747, would you be comfortable knowing that the wings were just extended by a couple feet by a some guy with a tig welder in his garage or if it was brand new wings put on at a Boeing Plant by certified Boeing techs? I know thas en extreme example, but When Im doing 151mph in the Z, I sure dont want to have visions of my tire ripping in half. BEN
Old 02-10-2006, 07:30 AM
ML2000

I think I will go with bstansbu advise even thought I really like the 06 stock rims. Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:03 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by KenWH
+1

Most of the other z's in our area are owned by upper-middle aged women also...especially the zr's. They are all stock right down to the wheels.
Yup +2
It's always some lady with her face over stretched by botox, cruising in her Z roadster.

It's that damn Desperate Houswives show and Paris Hilton campaigning the "new hot" convertible!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:28 PM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

+1

i usually pass several Z's during my daily commute and most of them look bone
stock. there are three that i have seen modified. one for racing at the track &
the others some basic mods.

one thing i love though is the red hydroshield i put on my injen intake filter. so
when people see me Z they see the red from the shield through the front grill.
i always wonder if they know it's part of the intake. one guy thought it was a
huge radar detector mounted within the grill.

i also have the white nismo windshield decal on my redline that makes my car
stand out on the road and off. still waiting on the exhaust and other goodies.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:38 AM
JRinTXrog

I think its crap that any one would say this site is for people with Modded Z's. I have a 05 that is bone stock and I get a lot of useful info off of this site. As for as I can tell this is the #1 Z site on the net. I admit if I had the money I would mod the heck out of my Z. But I am a family man that wanted a nice looking car to drive to work and back and mess around in on the weekends. I think a stock Z is one of the bast looking cars you can buy. I will admit a nice set of wheels makes it look 100% better. But as for as modding the motor, people like me have no use.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:18 AM
Navygold

Would do more mods, but my 100 year old house needs the mod money. For now I'm just happy with my Nismo exhaust. Maybe one day I'll shell out some cash for some kinetix gear and pop-charger.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:41 AM
JoneZZZ

Originally Posted by FairladyZX
My appears to be stock. But it's insanely modded.
Jonezzz loves the original body lines with the "goodies" added under the hood...
Old 02-11-2006, 06:10 AM
bigplayray

Originally Posted by FairladyZX
My appears to be stock. But it's insanely modded.
in my day we called your car a sleeper.....
Old 02-11-2006, 07:50 AM
rocketrich

Originally Posted by JRinTXrog
I think its crap that any one would say this site is for people with Modded Z's. I have a 05 that is bone stock and I get a lot of useful info off of this site. As for as I can tell this is the #1 Z site on the net. I admit if I had the money I would mod the heck out of my Z. But I am a family man that wanted a nice looking car to drive to work and back and mess around in on the weekends. I think a stock Z is one of the bast looking cars you can buy. I will admit a nice set of wheels makes it look 100% better. But as for as modding the motor, people like me have no use.
DITTO! Right out of the box the Z is fantastic and reliable enough to be a daily driver. I don't have time to spend alot of time on mods nor am I willing to spend money to have someone else do what I could do better. Certain mods would also put me into different classes for autocross and I don't want that either. I'll take the reliability, performance, and good looks the Z came with right out of the box from Nissan. In the future as the bits get worn out, I'll get into the modding game with a vengance, but that will be well after the warranty expires and long after most folks have "moved on". But I'm not going to get rid of perfectly good factory parts and reliability just to keep up with the next guy. Rich

PS And for those of you disrespecting middle-aged women...you have so much to learn!