Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

recall mishaps and i am pissed at the dealer screwups

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 05:32 PM
gixracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down recall mishaps and i am pissed at the dealer screwups

i am not happy about this so i need to vent about the problems and change of heart about bad dealerships

here are my posts reguarding the recall and about what was being done with my car. now i have a tranny that is leaking oil and i am pissed off. read through see waht you think. should i be asking for something from the stealership or do i just walk away never to return to them. not that its a big loss i have not had my car for over a weeks total time when it gets done. i do have other vehicle to drive

for all the a$$ hats who wanted to be cool and type repost --
i didn't know about it
it sucks and i have to take my car in to get this done.
so chill out on your post count

well my palms are sweating they have my car now at suburban motor collection in farmington hills michigan. the nice thing is after i get it back the the suspension mods will be getting done and i will get to see if there is anything visibly wrong or loose.

please pray for the safe return of my car

well they did not finish it in one day
i had even scheduled it last week
i am going to do a drop in inspection tommorow

well its up in the air with the the a$$ torn out they just started it this morning and hoping to get it done today.
when i was watching from a distance the guy had to keep flipping through the recall notice to follow the dissasembly instructions. i hope he can read well as well as turn a wrench
i want to go drive it tommorow- its going to be 58+degrees outside. spring may be here

hey guys got the car back yesterday
it works no problems yet but only have driven 80 miles on it
short of getting it on a lift it seems ok

i would have to agree with that also
i thought i heard more noise in the back. i had been driving in the rain when i picked mine up ans it seemed very loud with the wheel well area spray
as far as the alignment it tracked straight. i will be having it aligned next week after i put tmy tein springs and hotchkis sways in. if the rear is out of wack i will find out
yes steps #1 and #35 were done

ok everyone thrives on others wrong doings or some thing going wrong - well at least that is what the news casts seem to be lately.

well i heard a NEW rattle last night on the way home

i had been under my car after the recall was finished and saw nothing obvious. well today was the day to put the tein springs and hotchkis sways in.
i think i found the rattle . when they put my right side plastic air piece on they completely forgot about tightening it. the left was just fine and snug. this is the plastic airflow tray in front of the rear suspension.

so what more do you think theforgot to tighten. i looked and shook most everything else but i dont want to take it to the dealer to say you f'ed up recheck everything because they will say you were just under there doing sways and springs.
needless to say i had a small thing not put together correctly. check your car when you get it back. cause if your on this board to learn about your z you would want to get someone to recheck the dealers work- for your own saftey. yes i know its the dealers responsibility but a 2nd once over would be security

to get to these hoses, any of them, you have to take the whole g@d d@mn rear end off it is not a fast process. if they say they can get it done in 3 hours thats b.s.!!!!!!! it took me 3.5 to put springs and sways on. they have so much more to do .

to stop the whining
as far a noise we are all hyper aware of anything when we "care" about it.
i was even hearing the fuel pump cycle after the recall was done. i hear a creak up in the front of my dash because i had airbag kill switch done. 99% if its in our head the other 1% is going to be a pain.

like i said before i went and checked it out after they did the recall. i did find loose nuts on my car. i took care of it then went out and flogged it with no problems.

just get it done and have a 2nd off site individual check the work and be done. if your that worried then the $35 to get it check won't break the bank. if you think nissan should pick up the second tab............... well thats your own cospiracy/ worried/f**k all those responsible problem you have.

fuel to the fire

MY Z IS BACK IN THE DEALER AFTER THE RECALL WORK WAS DONE

i have a leak that is hiting my exhaust at the y joint to the single exit. i found it because my car was smelling in my garage and when i went to the dealership to get the trunk springs i saw a puff of smoke come out from under the car. no its not gas but it may be oil or trans fluid. i have a 6mt.
my guess is when they pulled the drive shaft out they killed some seal and it's leaking now. i have not had my oil changed and it never smelled or leaked before.

now i am pissed off

for another unrelated, but nissan recall-. they have to take out the entire rear suspension on all the maximas and altimas to replace the aluminum crosmember that its corroding due to water sitting on it. 2002-2006 model years

i did a once over but at that time there was no leak. i have only puyt on 150 miles since the recall was done. i did not think to check the trans drive shaft area , but i did go over the entire rear end. i still have not herd back for the dealer today.

well ----- i don't get my car back till wednesday next week. i was told that the seal in the back of my trans was where the leak was coming from
this is direct result of improper repair and a lack of experience repairing drivelines.

i wonder if they are going to be replacing my tranny for me without telling me?
seems like a long time to get a seal installed
i will be doing a drop in inspection each day. if i find it up n the hoist without a tranny i will be conversing with a lawyer reguarding replacement vehicle.
i am sick of this ****

i will side on the fact that this tsb needs to be done and we should not have to worry about getting our cars back in one correct piece. its not worth letting your car burn down. it just sucks that incompetance is overflowing with their mechanics.

at the dealership that i am at the mechanics do not have specialties- my tech was working on a tundra the otherday and was completely stressed out.
i tried to talk to him about the idea of the seal and he said "i caint talk to you about your car right now. i am too busy and dont want to screw sombody elses car up" those were his exact words.

Old 03-24-2006, 06:33 PM
StillAlive2029

i cant beleive i just read that whole thing...
Old 03-24-2006, 07:48 PM
6swhite350z

Originally Posted by StillAlive2029
i cant beleive i just read that whole thing...
i skipped it and only read wut u had to say hahah
Old 03-24-2006, 08:40 PM
ac8024

that is the longest single post I have ever seen.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:27 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not reading that...
Old 03-25-2006, 01:31 AM
B-Unit

i see dumb people... :0
Old 03-25-2006, 03:46 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by 6swhite350z
i skipped it and only read wut u had to say hahah

i read some of it and now my head hurts ....... the only thing i remember is stealership lol........
Old 04-23-2006, 07:48 PM
horse110

how bout a summary
Old 04-23-2006, 08:26 PM
seabass

Went to dealership for hose recall, yada, yada, yada...he wants replacement car.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:40 PM
zpeedDemon

too long i didnt get passed the first paragraph can someone summarize it
Old 04-23-2006, 08:45 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why is the font blue?
Old 04-23-2006, 09:10 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Someone post the Cliff notes. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:31 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I had a problem like that too.. but I seemed to have more problems. I hate these stupid dealerships.

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/184925-my-trip-to-the-dealership.html