Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

z problems!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 07:47 AM
silverstone_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z problems!

alright folks, after reading like a total of 6 articles or so, i have realized that there are some characteristics of the z that bother me a little, and i want to know what you guys think!

i am not flaming, i love the z as much as everyone of you.

after reading the articles, and viewing some of the posts here, here is what i can see as downfalls on the z. i want to know your opinion and thoughts about this.

1) Doorsills too high for some people
2) no glovebox
3) vibrations through gearbox at certain rpm
4) doesnt take bumps very good (forgot where i read that)
5) flimsy box (where nav. goes)
6) cheap interior look
7) cup holder next to knee can be broken if driver moves his/her leg (i persoanlly think this is dumb to talk about, but it is something i wanted to bring to your attention)
8) rear view is very limited.

ok, now, what do you guys think of all of this? i mean, i really love the Z, but no matter how big of a fan or love someone has for the z, this must be some kind if disappointment, atleast for me it is. what are some of your thoughts??
Old 07-09-2002, 07:54 AM
dvlad

Default Re: z problems!

Originally posted by silverstone_350z
alright folks, after reading like a total of 6 articles or so, i have realized that there are some characteristics of the z that bother me a little, and i want to know what you guys think!

after reading the articles, and viewing some of the posts here, here is what i can see as downfalls on the z. i want to know your opinion and thoughts about this.

2) no glovebox
6) cheap interior look
7) cup holder next to knee can be broken if driver moves his/her leg (i persoanlly think this is dumb to talk about, but it is something i wanted to bring to your attention)

ok, now, what do you guys think of all of this? i mean, i really love the Z, but no matter how big of a fan or love someone has for the z, this must be some kind if disappointment, atleast for me it is. what are some of your thoughts??
well, after reading eight of the most common complaints(?) i think seven are hogwash

1. Doorsills to high....ummmm..it's a sports car. Not a SUV
2. No glovebox. See number 1
3. Ok, might be annoying, but i would rather have this than a sloppy feeling shifter.
4. Means it has a SPORTS car suspension. Also see number 1
5. I totally agree.
6. It's a nissan. I too want it to look like VW/Audi, but not for this price.
7. The car should never see a cafe latte(exsilio )
8. see number one again
Old 07-09-2002, 07:54 AM
LowFuel

Couple of quick additions and a comment on one of yours:

9. Seat height not adjustable on track model. Not a problem for me according to autoweek, but people under 5'8" may have problems.

also, as for your #7, the cup holder is only on the passenger side, so as a driver you dont have to worry (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Old 07-09-2002, 07:56 AM
dvlad

or, after 1 minute of thinking about this

10. No telescoping sterring wheel. My GS4 has it and i love it.
11. NO XENON high beams.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:01 AM
silverstone_350z

i understand that this is a sports car, but just because it is a sports car, that means not having clear visibility, no glovebox, not taking bumps good, having cheap interior, etc makes this ok just because its a sports car??

again, not flaming, or trying to start an argument. i think this is a good post, and i did it strictly to see what are some peoples thoughts

so, i thank you lowfuel and dvals for your opinions.
anybody else??
Old 07-09-2002, 08:07 AM
dvlad

anybody else??
no prob. But it's dvlad
Old 07-09-2002, 08:08 AM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i understand that this is a sports car, but just because it is a sports car, that means not having clear visibility, no glovebox, not taking bumps good, having cheap interior, etc makes this ok just because its a sports car??

again, not flaming, or trying to start an argument. i think this is a good post, and i did it strictly to see what are some peoples thoughts

anybody else??
it doesnt take bumps well b/c it has the suspension set up of a sports car.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:10 AM
silverstone_350z

sorry, dvlad..lol

vqracer...what do you think of everything else?
i want everybodies opinion..NOW! HAHAH, i am jk.

i would like to hear ZISME and JMANZ opinion on this also, if you guys dont mind.

Old 07-09-2002, 08:15 AM
dvlad

Originally posted by VQracer

This is no Bimmer.
well, i all ready have my Stage I xenon kit ready to go. I'm getting it from hids4less.com.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:27 AM
NiZZan
Charter Member #77

silverstone_350z I too love the Z. You are correct it is a good post. I've read the same articles and I can see what you are saying. But. And I know this has been stated to death. I'm sure there is a car out there that (for about $15k to $20K more) addresses all those concerns. Don't take this as a flame. We all love the Z and to an extent wish for more for less. Nissan is on its way back from money problems.

Did I forget to say I love the Z. Long story short Nissan did well for the money.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:36 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Know what? The Boxster doesn't have a glove box either! But somehow nobody ever complains about that. (It has lots of other little cubbies to store stuff in, just like the Z, inlcuding behind the seats, just like the Z.)

If things like this (and don't forget the infamous antenna issue) are the worst things we have to complain about, we're doing pretty well with the 350Z!
Old 07-09-2002, 08:39 AM
silverstone_350z

dont take it as a flame? of course not bud..all opinions are appreciated...

i understand what you are saying about the Z being less expensive, and therefore we cant have everything to be perfect, and i totally agree with you. But, just because it is 26 G, does that mean it is ok to have all these different kind of..."problems"?
i can understand if there are a couple of things that are bothersome because of the price, and that is understandable since it is less expensive. But, again, lets not all forget that 27 G isnt THAT cheap. there are some (maybe i should do some research before i make this statement, but some1 correct me if i am wrong, please) cars out there that fall within the same price range, or similiar to the Z that doesnt run into 7-8 downfalls. a couple i can understand.
do you guys see where i am going with this?

i am going to stress this one more time, just to make sure.
I LOVE THE Z..i still cant fall asleep without thinking about this car. the looks got me bidazzeld.. just thought i would share my
opinion, and in hope, get some back..thanx everyone.

z350 z, i am not "complaining".
to tell you the truth, ia m getting this car weather it has 1 glove box, 10 glove boxes, cheap interior, fabulius interior, etc.
i agree totally, the things i stated arent really that bad, and if that is what we have to deal with, that is fine. again, i am just curious as to what you people think about that..thats all..
Old 07-09-2002, 09:01 AM
netviper

the only reason there is so much complaining and so many threads of garbage etc.. is because nissan decided to do this stupid pre-order program and 95% of us really haven't seen the car at all, except for maybe the car show
Old 07-09-2002, 09:03 AM
silverstone_350z

i wouldnt call this a thread of garbage..
Old 07-09-2002, 09:07 AM
BrianZ

2) no glovebox
6) cheap interior look

Gawd. Who cares?
Old 07-09-2002, 11:34 AM
john0213

i say most of the problems happen in all sport car, at least the one with the high doorsilled, i think that one's a bit picky, i remember i read the comics in a rice website somewhere and the comics said if u want to pretend ur car to be a sport car then sit as low as u can, so i think some of the point is the characteristic of a sport car like it can't handle the bump or things like that~
Old 07-09-2002, 12:29 PM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

FYI...
When you say no flame intended... a flame will be interpreted...

Plus your better off not making the message or rephrasing how it should be said....

My tonight show top 10 improvements i would make... (see the difference? )
Old 07-09-2002, 02:32 PM
alllaw
Charter Member #46

It appears that netviper hasn't been able to preorder the car, so the preorder program is stupid. How can a program be stupid - it has no intelligence or lack thereof - it's people who are stupid. BTW - I stupidly preordered (February 25, 2002) before I saw it, then I saw it - glad I was stupid enough to do so. I have no gripes about the reviews either.

I'm with you BrianZ.

Last edited by alllaw; 07-09-2002 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-09-2002, 03:31 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

2) no glovebox
6) cheap interior look
The use of the word "problems" is subjective. This depends largely upon your expectations and purpose for buying this car. This is NOT a luxury touring car. As such, it will not be equipped with a place for the picnic basket and chardonnay glasses. Placing such items in the car will most likely result in them being broken, due to the tight suspension which some lesser minded reviewers have panned as "not taking bumps very good."

Doorsills too high? Invest in a rope ladder and some blocks to tie to the pedals. This isn't a Suburban.
No glovebox? Fine. I don't wear gloves.
Vibrations in the shifter? Think of that as a way to check the pulse of your car.
Suspension woes? Total BS. It's a sports car. If you have weak kidneys, buy a Cadillac.
Flimsy box? Well, who doesn't like a little flimsy box now and again?
Cheap interior? Subjective. I've owned a number of Nissans and have always liked their interiors. I don't need leather-wrapped dashboard vents.
Weird cup holder? Why are you even using it? Pay attention to the road, not your half-caf-decaf-twist-of-lemon poofta drink.
Bad rear visibility? Forget what's behind you. You're going to be approaching things in front of you a lot quicker.

No insult intended, but I hardly consider any of these issues "problems". A "problem" would be something like the problem Toyota has right now with their engines sludging up after a few months.
Old 07-09-2002, 03:37 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

What you've done is take single comments from multiple articles and bunched them all together as if they were common to all of the articles. This isn't really valid.

How about mentioning the fact that nearly every article praised the car's handling or acceleration or fit and finish? These things are common to nearly all of the write ups. You can't pick and choose the bad without at least mentioning the good stuff that was mentioned in all of the articles

Quick Reply: z problems!