Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Clutch Noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 03:55 PM
tom123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Noise

I don't know if anyone has the same problem but my 2006 Touring Z makes a distinct popping noise when I depress the clutch pedal. This happens only when it is cold but I can actually feel the "catch" when I push on the pedal and then hear the noise, like a hollow pop?? By the way, when I say cold, I mean it goes away after I have driven it for a few miles - although in Texas it is really HOT right now. This problem seems to be getting worse and I have a friend with a 2005 Z that says he hears/feels the same thing. Thought about taking it to the dealer but when I get there, it will be gone. Thanks for any input!
Old 06-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Marc Mc

Yep, have been finding the same thing. It's actually a relief to see this post. My Z is only 1 week old. The noise is sporadic, but always after it has been sitting.

It will be interesting to hear what others say.
Marc
Old 06-25-2006, 04:02 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

i started having that problem but it went away after i forgot about it. this might solve it..
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....highlight=wd40
Old 06-25-2006, 04:08 PM
tom123

Thanks, helps to show me where to look but definately no squeeking; more of a pop. Maybe the problem is alignment of the pedal??
Old 06-25-2006, 08:03 PM
davids
F U StuLax18

Thought this was just another "my clutch rattles" sound.

+bump since it isn't
Old 06-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by myZter
i started having that problem but it went away after i forgot about it. this might solve it..
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....highlight=wd40

+1

I had the same thing (i think) but to me it was more of a 'click' sound than a pop sound, at least that's how I described it. Same thing I'm sure.

It didn't really have a pattern to it, just did it sporatically, when I would press the clutch in about halfway. It would only click once and only on the down stroke and I could feel the vibration from it, though miled. It started a couple of weeks or so after I bought the car brand new but it has since gone away on its own. It's been gone for thousands of miles now.

Either that or I have gotten 100% use to it and don't notice it anymore but I'm sure it's gone. Everytime I drive the car I make a point to see if I can hear it anymore but forget about it once I shift a few times, so I'm guessing it's gone. My left ankle makes a crack sound almost every time I press the clutch in and that annoys me more than the clutch sound did.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:38 AM
IronMedic

yeah i hear this silly rattle noise in my clutch where the clutch fork is/etc...i can hear it in 1st gear when i let off the clutch and i push it back in as slow speeds (stop and go driving). i know it makes a small click noise in other gears but i cannot hear it. im not too worried about it seeing it is not affecting the operation of the car. just wondering about it like the rest of you. throw out bearing possibly?
Old 06-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Viffer35Z

Good call Chad! I have a lttle bit of a click too! Exactly as described. I still have mine though not as bad as it used to be. Seems like it only happens when cold but could be missing it when driving. I usually hear it if I'm parked with the car in 1st and depress the clutch to go into neutral before I start the car. Doesn't really bother me anymore...part of the Z personality!
Old 06-27-2006, 06:29 AM
Rourkesta

I'm hearing a sequence of high pitched clicks as I disengage the clutch while driving and even right after I disengage it and begin to step on the gas I hear it again for a second and then it goes away. I can hear it with the windows down as I go through each gear. Anyone know what the deal is?? I'm not sure exactly where the noise is coming from.