Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

how do you guys deal with annoying ricers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 08:40 AM
dkorr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you guys deal with annoying ricers?

I noticed that after I got my Z I'm getting a lot of ricers revving at me at the stop light? The past week I get numerous SUVs trying to overtake/tailgate me. The morning I had a Chevy Aveo (I think) and 90s Civic riding on my ahssss. I'd say some 85% of the cars that try to provoke me into a race are slow econoboxes or heavy SUVs. I dont get it. I seldom get the STi/EVO/Stang revv at me. How do you guys deal with ricers? I tried ignoring them but they just keep riding my ahsss or cutting me off. I don't want to street race.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:41 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Look the other way.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:51 AM
BlackZero6

I laugh it them..pisses them off all the time
Old 08-30-2006, 08:52 AM
teknochild

if they were on your *** i would drop to about 5 mph than WOT it to the speedlimit (or w/e speed you normally go) hopefully the should be humbled and back the f off, or it might backfire and they will pull a ricer fly by and think they are hot ****, either way they are gone
Old 08-30-2006, 08:55 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah ignore them. Or roll down your window and say "You wanna race?"

When they say yes, you say "Ok...come find me when you get rid of that piece of **** car".
Old 08-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Silkk

Originally Posted by BlackZero6
I laugh it them..pisses them off all the time
Yeah, I usually give them the laugh with a "i can't believe you" headshake...

They do seem to get quite pissed...

Then the only problem is you need to worry about getting keyed or something by the dumb-a$$es when they see your car parked somewhere. Jealousy is brutal.

I don't understand it though; I don't go revving at Z06s, Vipers, and 911s?!
Old 08-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Reyes_USN

let the a$$hole pass or say "lets take it at the track" most ricers back down from that alone
Old 08-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Reyes_USN

Originally Posted by Silkk
Yeah, I usually give them the laugh with a "i can't believe you" headshake...

They do seem to get quite pissed...

Then the only problem is you need to worry about getting keyed or something by the dumb-a$$es when they see your car parked somewhere. Jealousy is brutal.

I don't understand it though; I don't go revving at Z06s, Vipers, and 911s?!

they must be from club rsx
Old 08-30-2006, 09:02 AM
semtex

What area of the country do you live in, dkorr? (Your profile just says USA.) I ask this because in my neck of the woods (Atlanta), it's usually only dorks in Mustangs who try to provoke a race with me. In any case, I usually ignore people who want to race. But I don't have the problem of them cutting me off if I ignore them, though. Which again makes me wonder where you live that you have to deal with such reckless a-holes.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:03 AM
smokedout350z

yeah man same here...after i got my zzz....trucks n suv's wanna race
Old 08-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Reyes_USN

Originally Posted by semtex
What area of the country do you live in, dkorr? (Your profile just says USA.) I ask this because in my neck of the woods (Atlanta), it's usually only dorks in Mustangs who try to provoke a race with me. In any case, I usually ignore people who want to race. But I don't have the problem of them cutting me off if I ignore them, though. Which again makes me wonder where you live that you have to deal with such reckless a-holes.

most the A-hole ricers are in Cali
Old 08-30-2006, 09:04 AM
240Zplus110

My wife has had a few ricers revving their engines at stoplights -- she just laughs at them.
Sometimes I have done a a quick take-off to show them what a Z can do but I usually back off and let them go. When I see them at the next light I have occasionally shook my head and laughed.
Once they thought I was going to go again and so they floored it ..only to catch up to a cop who ended up pulling them over.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:05 AM
teknochild

Originally Posted by smokedout350z
yeah man same here...after i got my zzz....trucks n suv's wanna race

in this case just wait till the road nears a corner hit the gas, go your limit around the corner and lauch as they go half your speed
Old 08-30-2006, 09:06 AM
stein

Originally Posted by teknochild
if they were on your *** i would drop to about 5 mph than WOT it to the speedlimit (or w/e speed you normally go) hopefully the should be humbled and back the f off, or it might backfire and they will pull a ricer fly by and think they are hot ****, either way they are gone

Had a young girl with a passenger last week pull the tailgate **** on me trying to get me to speed up; I WAS going 28 in a 25; area is known for cops running radar. After I slowed to about 10mph she passed me only to get pulled by the cop running radar down the street. Couldn't have been any sweeter!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:09 AM
Reyes_USN

Originally Posted by stein

Had a young girl with a passenger last week pull the tailgate **** on me trying to get me to speed up; I WAS going 28 in a 25; area is known for cops running radar. After I slowed to about 10mph she passed me only to get pulled by the cop running radar down the street. Couldn't have been any sweeter!
sweeeeet!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:10 AM
LegionnaireZ

depends... if it's a car that at least looks like some work went into it... then i'll give them a little run... cause you never know they might just want to see what their car does against a Z... just like us vs. vettes...

but if their car just looks ridiculous... i just look the other way or just pay no attention...if they start to cut you off or whatever, just see about taking a different route so they won't follow you...
Old 08-30-2006, 09:13 AM
teknochild

Originally Posted by stein

i dont have a z yet i have the money but im waiting for the 07, i have a mazda 3 (which is like a civic, but a little better) anyway civics pull this **** with me too, but one paticular time right by my house a civic got on my *** so i slowed down (were were on our way to i left turn) then the light turned green and i floored it up to 40 or so mph around the turn. the civic caught up and stuck on my *** when i stopped accelrating for the turn, and followed me through the turn, up until the apex when i kept turning and he kept going straight

long story short idiot couldnt handle the same speed around the corner and ended up sideswiping the curve really hard
Old 08-30-2006, 09:13 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by semtex
Seattle.

Im not sure if that makes too much of a difference about the location. Ricers and vigilante SUVs plague our nation. I get anything from 2.5RS Imprezas to Ford Explorers tailgating me. And when I slow down to 10mph and WOT (hoping theyll dissappear), they try to follow me (they "try"). Eventually I have to slow down and I see them in the rear-view mirror ploughing through traffic wrecklessly, trying to catch up. The thing I fear most is their brakes aren't that good. I dont want to get rear ended in that kind of cat n mouse game. Its so annoying. Happens to me almost daily. I had a GM Econoline van race me the first day I got my car. I didnt even have plates yet.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:14 AM
chunpiu

For me, I would slow down to the speed limit and if they cut lane I will speed up and use the car in front of them to do a perfect box(I usually drive on the 2nd lane from the left)...... that would kill them

Well if you see a Z doing a box, that's me lol
Old 08-30-2006, 09:18 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I throw packets of Soy Sauce at them. It usually pisses them off, but they get the point. (I'm kidding of course)

Quick Reply: how do you guys deal with annoying ricers?