Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan North America, can you do anything but give me text book answers???

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:59 AM
Jonathan Allyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan North America, can you do anything but give me text book answers???

I bought my Z about almost a year ago and immediatly noticed that there was an oil consumption issue with my car. I did my research and concluded that this was not an isolated incident and that a number of cars out there had a problem with oil consumption.

So, I brought my Z to a dealer where my X had purchased an Exterra and met someone really cool who worked at Regal Nissan. He took good care of my car and went through the whole OC test with me. Upon completion, it was determined that my motor was screwed so they were able to replace my entire motorback in Feb. of this year. (this was at 49K)

Since then, the car has been back for all of the TSB's, a new transmission and clutch (at 54K) and now, I have to drop it back off this week for a new rear end (59K).

Needless to say, there has been quite a few things wrong with my 03' track so I have spent probably an hour and a half on the phone with different people at NNA, trying to see if they would extend my powertrain warranty.

Finally, some jerkoff called me back last week not even knowing really what has gone on with my car and proceeded to give me nothing but textbook answers about why they would not extend my warranty to 100K.

"Well sir, we appreciate your business but the dealer will tell you if a repair is covered under warranty within 60 seconds"

(No ****, except that my warranty is about up and I am still having problems)

"Sir, thank you for doing business with us and we value you as a customer but Nissan cannont extend your warranty past 60K even if there are ongoing problems with the vehicle"

(thank you for taking my, time... You could have told me this an HOUR ago.)

and so on and so forth it continues....

I mean, can these *******s not even back up the work/craftsmanship that they have done on my car if they believe their product is a quality one?

I work for one of their other major Japanese competitors and drive a Nissan to work. It takes a lot more to win over an new customer than it does to retain an existing one. Nissan just lost a new customer. I LOVE my Z but if that GTR is anything like this Z then we are really in for something when that rolls out.....
Old 09-19-2006, 07:32 AM
SilverII

why do you feel you deserve more free warranty because your car broke? They sold the car with a 60K miles powertrain warranty and are fixing it for you while you're in the 60K miles limit.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Jenn350Z

*edit* Opps.....forgot to look where you were from! ATL...

Anyways here's a Canadian example...

You called Nissan Canada at 1-800-387-0122 and asked for an extended Nissan APS (sp?) warranty?

The previous owner of my 2003 had done so and got it bumped to 4yrs/100,000km's.
The tranny and clutch were JUST replaced 2 weeks before the warranty expired with the car at 96,000km's.

It's possible but I don't know if she had already bought the extended warranty at the time of purchase or not...

Most used car dealers will offer a powertrain warranty as did mine when I bought it.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:54 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry about the problems.

10-percent of all 350Z owners, like yourself, will have an unreliable lemon. 10-percent will drive the 350Z for 100,000 miles and never once need the dealer to fix anything. The other 80-percent will fall somewhere in the middle.

I can certainly understand why you will never buy another 350Z.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:16 AM
mavtais

Originally Posted by davidv
Sorry about the problems.

10-percent of all 350Z owners, like yourself, will have an unreliable lemon. 10-percent will drive the 350Z for 100,000 miles and never once need the dealer to fix anything. The other 80-percent will fall somewhere in the middle.

I can certainly understand why you will never buy another 350Z.
C'mon davidv. We want another graph to back those numbers up!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Jonathan Allyn

Originally Posted by SilverII
why do you feel you deserve more free warranty because your car broke? They sold the car with a 60K miles powertrain warranty and are fixing it for you while you're in the 60K miles limit.
Umm, ya.. My car is just about brand new now.

1) New Longblock
2) New transmission
3) New Clutch
4) New rearend dif.
5) New Axles
6) all TSB's and Recalls.

All of this adds up to something that is worth imo more than their 60k warranty. If they belivied in their product and the work thats been done to it, this should be a no brainer for them to extend my warranty. Especially if they feel the car would not need any more repairs.

I love my car and plan on keeping it for a very long time but have never had anything like this happen to me in any of my Honda's...
Old 09-19-2006, 08:37 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mavtais
C'mon davidv. We want another graph to back those numbers up!
I could do a pie chart.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:27 AM
stein

I am not 100% sure on this but when any repair is done to your car there’s a 1yr warranty attached to the workmanship/parts by the dealership. Sounds like you got the z built on a Friday afternoon to have problems like that.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Zexy

Part out your car and sell me the Brembos..
Old 09-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Jonathan Allyn

Originally Posted by stein
I am not 100% sure on this but when any repair is done to your car there’s a 1yr warranty attached to the workmanship/parts by the dealership. Sounds like you got the z built on a Friday afternoon to have problems like that.
I talked to Robbie at the dealership and your correct. They do offer a 12K or 1yr warranty on the work so at least thats in tact. This is by far other my prelude the most fun I have ever had with the car, its just getting kind of ridiculous on how much stuff has been replaced. I think there has been almost 15K worth of warranty work done in the past 9 months.

At least with everything being replaced its a new car all over again..
Old 09-19-2006, 09:56 AM
wizurd

Are you sure it's not your driving that is the problem? You may or may not answer these truthfully but I see no reason to lie to us. Do you track it? Drive hard daily? Drag racing? I don't see how so many things can go wrong with a car if it was being driven and maintaned properly.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Jonathan Allyn

Originally Posted by wizurd
Are you sure it's not your driving that is the problem? You may or may not answer these truthfully but I see no reason to lie to us. Do you track it? Drive hard daily? Drag racing? I don't see how so many things can go wrong with a car if it was being driven and maintaned properly.
Good question. I am the third owner of the car and know that the person who had it before me was a rather spirited driver but it was in really good shape and checked out when I bought it. The OC issue was something not a lot of people knew about and was something that took time and research to discover.

As far as my driving habits, I have tracked the car once at GIR in St. Louis and it held up like a champ! Other than that, I get on it every once in a while but do not drive it like I drove my Prelude, which was fully built w/ FI that gave me no problems, even before the build up.

I really think this car was made late friday afternoon and left over on the weekend.

I do spend quite a bit of time in traffic with it but this thing is babied more than just about anything else I own or love. The good thing is that everything thats been replaced has held up well so far, its just kind of nervous thinking my warranty is gone and they are still finding things.

I mean who needs an entirely new rear end put back on the car??